• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode Hardware ??

So when the MN hardware comes out does that mean that all MN's will have to use the new hardware or will we still be able to run a MN on a VPS ?

I suspect, even if the hardware was open sourced and fully available today, I doubt the current load would warrant it's use. And I also think, if the hardware acceleration was enforced at dash's current price, a lot of MNOs would simply sell their holdings and go elsewhere. There needs to be a compelling reason to implement it, especially when comparing against the demands and performance of other blockchain projects.

So when the MN hardware comes out does that mean that all MN's will have to use the new hardware or will we still be able to run a MN on a VPS ?

i guess u are referring to Evans comments from some time ago
there is nothing in planning or production so far , DashLabs is working on many things (as far as i know) but there is nothing concrete in the making (and no HW coming as far as i know )
agree with Grandmasta, no need for that anyway yet (not enough work being done by MNs imo)

Back