• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

7850 trying to mine darkcoins am I just mad, stupid or just confused

Quatia

I am quite new to mining and would really appreciate some help with GPU mining.
I have managed to configure CPU mining and am slowly mining some lovely Darkcoins but I am having some trouble getting my GPU to mine anything yet.
I am using sg miner and I have configured it to work on various nodes but i keep getting the same messages in the cmd prompt . When I check to see if my worker is mining on the node it says it is not. Could someone please advise. Thanks
cmdgpu.gif

From what little I can see: Intensity is wrong, its on 100. Intensity ranges up till max of 19-20 depending on the card (7990 uses 13i max, 7950 18i or 19i). You're also getting a hardware error immediatly wich mich might relate to this.

Some more info provided on your settings would help out alot :)

Thanks for the reply.
My batch file looks like this. I have not started tweeking the .conf file yet as i wanted to be sure that it was mining before I started to optimize it.

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

sgminer.exe -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://"poolURL" -u Xm8uXwTCwQfsEz9E6zK1HMLRg7EfTqYbJv -p x --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://"poolURL" -u Xm8uXwTCwQfsEz9E6zK1HMLRg7EfTqYbJv -p x --xintensity 12 --gpu-threads 1 --no-submit-stale

Thanks for the reply.
My batch file looks like this. I have not started tweeking the .conf file yet as i wanted to be sure that it was mining before I started to optimize it.

sgminer.exe -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://"poolURL" -u Xm8uXwTCwQfsEz9E6zK1HMLRg7EfTqYbJv -p x --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://"poolURL" -u Xm8uXwTCwQfsEz9E6zK1HMLRg7EfTqYbJv -p x --xintensity 12 --gpu-threads 1 --no-submit-stale
Leave --failover-only, --xintensity --gpu-threads and --no-submit-stale and the multipool out for a minute. Start with a basic config and work towards something this specific.

See if the standard config works: sgminer.exe -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://"poolURL" -u Xm8uXwTCwQfsEz9E6zK1HMLRg7EfTqYbJv -p x -i 17 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192
(Intensity may differ for your card)

Aditionally you can add a --gpu-engine and --gpu-memclock in concurrence with the intensity to get the best result with this basic config.

Thanks for the reply.

I'd recommend the latest sgminer:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.0
use -k darkcoin-mod

had a google and found this for a 7850:
-I 16 -g 2 -w 64 --thread-concurrency 8193 --gpu-engine 1025 --gpu-memclock 1325

If you use xintensity the value should be a lot higher so on my 280x I use 500
normal intensity try 16

Guys or Gals :p Thank you so much for all your help. I am now up and running and firing on all cylinders thanks to you guys. With all the links you guys gave me I managed to sort the problem. In the end it was a driver problem and it just took me to reinstall updated drivers and now i am mining successfully. Although in the end it was a simple fix I did learn a hell of a lot about gpu mining while on my quest to fix my problem. I know will hopefully be able to help a fellow darkcoinien if like you guys have helped me.

Thanks a lot again!!
See you round on the forums !

Back