• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashMasternodeTool - development continuation [Pre-Proposal]

Continue full-time (paid) development?

• Total voters
@Bertrand256 Please dont get discouraged to post this in the current cycle.
22.5 dash is a small amount and will hopefully be prioritized for development over feedbands or swann.

People like you are the reason why dash is what it is.

@Bertrand256 Your proposal was so popular last time that if for some reason you put up your proposal this cycle and it doesn't pass, you can propose it again next month and add and additional 5 Dash to cover the 2nd proposal fee.

@Arthyron Only the people you like or are supposed to have a say. Anyone who doesnt agree with you or has less dash is a troll?

@thedesertlynx is operating like a lobbyist. He is trying to get a 12 month proposal for 2600 dash passed because anypay is in the same city as him.
The corrupt "Force Dash Gang" is behind this and that is an open secret. (They also get to escrow btw)

You told a developer asking for 22.5 to lend support to trezor to come back next month because ben swann needs the money.
How ludicrous is that?

You're definitely not lobbying for your position, no, though, that's different. As far as I know, Mastermined is the only member of DFN that actually has any voting power. Of *course* community members are going to speak in support of projects they like, especially when those projects are being carried out by people they know, pretty simple. You are no different, except you only lobby against proposals you dislike and generally treat proposal owners like trash and have since the beginning. You literally have no other presence in the community besides those two activities.

Again, you're using dishonest rhetoric, my suggestion to him was to wait if possible because we have a full budget cycle and there will be many worthwhile projects that don't get funded. My goal--as always--is to offer helpful suggestions to proposal owners to maximize their chances of getting funded in a way that maximizes the value they bring to the network. Obviously not every proposal ever will, but my goal is to ensure that every proposal puts its best foot forward and with the best possible timing so as to be able to maximize funding and value to Dash. That's all I've ever done. What have *you* done for Dash, troll?

@Bertrand256 Your proposal was so popular last time that if for some reason you put up your proposal this cycle and it doesn't pass, you can propose it again next month and add and additional 5 Dash to cover the 2nd proposal fee.

That's something I was trying to help him avoid if at all possible. Not everyone has an extra 5 Dash to burn, no sense in risking it if you don't need to. $2000+ is not insignificant for most people.

@Argon31, @Arthyron, @Nuancer I really appreciate your comments. Without going back into details, the fact that you take the time to engage in a discussion especially on Sunday means that everyone wants the best for the ecosystem, although sometimes we differ in our conviction about what is best.

IMO, every MNO should be engaging the proposals at every stage. That's partially what we're getting paid to do. Not everyone who posts here has the best interests of the DAO--let alone proposal owners like yourself--at heart, however, unfortunately.

@Arthyron I only question the logic behind decisions. It seems you are letting hate get ahead of rationality.

Why is the budget full for a 22.5 dash payment?

Because large sums have been given to swann, dach embassy and feedbands which shouldnt have been given.
Nothing complex about it. That is the sum total of my comments.

Also, every proposal should be judged on its own merits, not based on the order it was submitted in the cycle. @Bertrand256 's proposal would rank very, very high on merit. For smaller asks such as this one, it is perfectly appropriate to submit the proposal at this stage in the voting cycle, with more than a week before the voting deadline.

@Arthyron I only question the logic behind decisions. It seems you are letting hate get ahead of rationality.

Why is the budget full for a 22.5 dash payment?

Because large sums have been given to swann, dach embassy and feedbands which shouldnt have been given.
Nothing complex about it. That is the sum total of my comments.

Even if we funded every single project you like, there still wouldn't always be funding available for every project that comes up every month. Now stop hijacking someone else's thread for the sake of your personal agenda. If you want to continue to fight about this, take it to one of your other fifteen whining chambers.

Also, every proposal should be judged on its own merits, not based on the order it was submitted in the cycle. @Bertrand256 's proposal would rank very, very high on merit. For smaller asks such as this one, it is perfectly appropriate to submit the proposal at this stage in the voting cycle, with more than a week before the voting deadline.

Of course all sorts of things *should* be all sorts of ways, but when I give suggestions to proposal owners, it's based on years of observing the MNO voting cycles and patterns therein. My suggestions are based on these patterns that I have observed. I don't have a hundred nodes to sway the outcome of votes, but a well-honed, well-timed proposal can have the same effect. I appreciate your idealism, but very little of any large organization ever works the way it's supposed to. I'm not talking about "propriety," I'm talking about pragmatics.

@Arthyron You vote for 2000 dash given away to ben swann and feedbands and tell @Bertrand256, asking for 22.5 dash to come back next month- only to find that ben swann is still there.

Your tirade, awful language, personal attacks and hateful rhetoric is not going to stop me or others from asking questions.

After all, I have decided that my proposal will be submited in the next cycle(s).

The reason is not that I am afraid of burning of 5 Dash (@Nuancer thanks for the suggestion how to overcome this). The project as dedicated to MNOs, i.e. the voters themselves, has an advantage (probably not entirely fair) over other projects that have to work hard to gain MNOs attention. That is why the proposal would probably get the necessary number of votes without much of a problem.

However, I have concluded, that the app currently has all the most urgently needed functionalities and nothing bad will happen if it develops a little less intensively for a month or two. On the other hand, there are some quite important projects waiting for acceptance, and for some of them waiting a few months and especially the loss of 5 Dash means "to be or not to be".

Thanks to this short break I will have time to look around - I have some interesting ideas for new features in the app, but in order to start working on them I have to do some research (eg analyze the Dash Core code). So far I did not have much time for it, so this seems to be a perfect opportunity.
I am happy that the discussion has touched this aspect, otherwise I would not have reached that conclusion. I believe that this is the perfect solution for me, other projects and for the ecosystem itself.

I really appreciate you guys for taking part in the debate.

After all, I have decided that my proposal will be submited in the next cycle(s).

The reason is not that I am afraid of burning of 5 Dash (@Nuancer thanks for the suggestion how to overcome this). The project as dedicated to MNOs, i.e. the voters themselves, has an advantage (probably not entirely fair) over other projects that have to work hard to gain MNOs attention. That is why the proposal would probably get the necessary number of votes without much of a problem.

However, I have concluded, that the app currently has all the most urgently needed functionalities and nothing bad will happen if it develops a little less intensively for a month or two. On the other hand, there are some quite important projects waiting for acceptance, and for some of them waiting a few months and especially the loss of 5 Dash means "to be or not to be".

Thanks to this short break I will have time to look around - I have some interesting ideas for new features in the app, but in order to start working on them I have to do some research (eg analyze the Dash Core code). So far I did not have much time for it, so this seems to be a perfect opportunity.
I am happy that the discussion has touched this aspect, otherwise I would not have reached that conclusion. I believe that this is the perfect solution for me, other projects and for the ecosystem itself.

I really appreciate you guys for taking part in the debate.

Perfectly reasonable. Thanks @Bertrand256

Back