• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[February Update] DashBoost Public Beta

Pasta

Dash Core Group
I am very glad to announce DashBoost has launched a public beta. My team has been working very hard to make this work. We have tamed the beast, and here we are for feedback. Giving feedback is the best thing you can do. Thanks a lot. You can access the project at http://test.dashboost.org

Report a Bug!

Read the DashForceNews article!
You can read the Press release here!

Now into the update.
Google Docs Link for formatting.

DashBoost Update

February 28, 2018

Overview
The DashBoost proposal successfully passed at the beginning of February. Escrowed under GreenCandle, DashBoost aims to allow smaller proposals to have a place in the Dash treasury system as well as reintroduce funds leftover from the GreenCandle escrow process. Please read the DashBoost Proposal and the DashBoost Technical Specification to learn more about the project as a whole.

This update will consist of the following parts:

1. Overview

• A general introduction to the update
  2. Financials

• A breakdown of the current finances of DashBoost
  3. Achieved

• A description of what has been done since the beginning of the project.
  4. To be Achieved

• A list of the goals that are planned to be completed before the next update.
Financials
Income
  1. 25 Dash from GC as initial payment - 15a871e34c195e41a2e63bda810348f137ca520752dce79b5d826d86ac931431

2. 4 Dash from GC as return of proposal fee - bfedac636deb90565eef42b33d25b4d55bd45b884ddc013d09eae3717e902166
Total: 29

Expenses
  1. 5 Dash paid to “[Redacted at request of reciever]” repaying the dash he put in allowing the project to get started consisting of 3 Dash for proposal fee & 2 Dash for funding the Technical Specification- be62c29396e849c1b49a7ad27a4731f96a639d1e11964e596549fae69967ac57 and 549a186c9cf0d361ec31e5ec5c01304433d347e9be5c1079e61a0d5b11c9adc9

2. 1 Dash sent to "Pasta" for reimbursement of proposal fees - 9264e239ded8812f8194263817e1aaa4cbc59df61f98e66f09e377ff90df685f

3. 7.5 Dash paid to "Pasta" for administrative services as prescribed in proposal- fe3d57bd48bf567c8b0db4d0e88d7acbac595a423996236a0b9d5e89c706e109

4. 15 Dash paid to "TechSquad" for development services as prescribed in proposal- 618f3f25d8b90253fde508fa4309d5f851e7a857ce2275a544a314d5ea8bc172
Total: 28.5

Current State of DashBoost Financials
DashBoost, as of the 28th, of February 2018 has the following:

Spending Account: 0.50999313 Dash

Saving Account: 0 Dash

Fee Account: 0 Dash

Achieved
The DashBoost team is very proud of what we have accomplished in the past month. The first thing that was accomplished was the passing of the proposal and our initial meeting with GreenCandle. An MOU was signed by both parties ensuring that GC and the DashBoost team were on the same page. Here and here is the MOU, with information that could be used for personal identification redacted. In the MOU, appendix 1 refers to the technical specification.

DashBoost has had two meetings with GreenCandle. The first meeting’s minutes can be viewed here. That meeting was held on the second of February. The second meeting’s minutes held on the 23rd of February, can be viewed here.

DashBoost’s biggest accomplishment this month was the development that occurred. We have achieved the MVP as defined in the technical specification and more. Starting on the 2nd or 3rd of March, a test cycle will be initiated. All members of the community are invited to participate in the test cycle. This cycle will be one week in duration and will be operated on testnet. The site can be accessed at DashBoost.org. Please recognize the test-site does not have HTTPS, all data sent could be intercepted, as such do not use secure passwords or sensitive information on the test-site.

Next Month
The month of March will be exceptional for DashBoost. Below is a list of what we plan to accomplish in the next month:

1. Improve user experience and overall design.
  2. Add in more systems to ensure DashBoost is fully transparent and as decentralized as possible at this point in time.

3. Take community feedback and implement features that are very highly desired.

4. Launch the first live cycle.

5. Start and finish 1 or 2 test cycles.

• Each test cycle will be 1 week long, with the first cycle starting on the 2nd or 3rd of March. A second cycle will be started if additional data and adjusting of the platform is needed.

• The goal of these cycles is to receive feedback from the community about features that are wanted or needed as well as ensure the system is robust and ready for launch.

Conclusion
DashBoost is satisfied that it reached its initial milestones to create an MVP and is primed to hit the second set of goals. We are satisfied with what we have accomplished and know it will provide an invaluable service allowing micro proposals into the treasury system. Anyone with feedback can send an email to [email protected] or message @Pasta / @TechSquad on Discord. My team and I are excited to continue implementing this project as we head into the test cycle phase. Thank you for your support and time.

Thank you for taking the time to read our February update. Please leave any feedback or questions below. Please report bugs by sending an email to [email protected] or by following the link about.

There is a problem when I try to register.
http://test.dashboost.org/register

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symfony \ Component \ Debug \ Exception \ FatalThrowableError (E_ERROR)
Class 'App\Http\Controllers\Auth\Auth' not found
Application frames (1) All frames (1)
Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError…
/app/Http/Controllers/Auth/RegisterController.php62
/var/www/html/app/Http/Controllers/Auth/RegisterController.php
  1. protected $redirectTo = '/home';
  2. /**
  3. * Create a new controller instance.
  4. *
  5. * @return void
  6. */
  7. public function __construct()
  8. {
  9. $this->middleware('guest');
  10. }
  11. /**
  12. * Load the registration form view.
  13. *
  14. * @return \Illuminate\Contracts\View\Factory|\Illuminate\View\View
  15. */
  16. public function index()
  17. {
  18. if( Auth::check() ){
  19. return redirect()->route('home');
  20. }
  21. else {
  22. return view('auth/register');
  23. }
  24. }
  25. /**
  26. * Create a new user after a valid registration.
  27. *
  28. * @param Request $request - the registration form data.
  29. *
  30. * @return \App\User
  31. */
  32. protected function create( Request $request )
  33. {
  34. return User::create([
  35. 'alias' => $request->alias,
  36. 'email' => $request->email,
  37. 'password' => bcrypt( $request->password ),
Arguments
  1. "Class 'App\Http\Controllers\Auth\Auth' not found"
Environment & details:
GET Data empty
POST Data empty
Files empty
Cookies
XSRF-TOKEN
"eyJpdiI6IlJuVnRUSkFzTkdcL3V4ZlpaR3pqVE5BPT0iLCJ2YWx1ZSI6Im84dkxzblRMWWtXWHpqc2lWNkZWbW83UzZSZTFpR25ac1JvSHNVbCtDTGFuXC9Oc0s5NStCRlZ4Y01ub0V3aFpTUW1vRVgxTGdhMTR1 ▶"
dashboost_session
"eyJpdiI6IlwvMTBGeU5DVUtBWVQ2SDBOblVWb3FRPT0iLCJ2YWx1ZSI6IkI4bndsMlFwTVlcL0IzNFdBWnRRZlA1ZmkweUZUTHVNaW9sZ0xWaXgyM1JiZHpOT3VIOEhLamVtSmdNREJCUERycGlPWk1iM2k1THpV ▶"
Session empty
Server/Request Data
REDIRECT_STATUS
"200"
HTTP_HOST
"test.dashboost.org"
HTTP_USER_AGENT
* <--- censored
HTTP_ACCEPT
"text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8"
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE
"en-US;q=0.5,en;q=0.3"
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING
"gzip, deflate"
HTTP_REFERER
"http://test.dashboost.org/"
HTTP_COOKIE
"XSRF-TOKEN=eyJpdiI6IlJuVnRUSkFzTkdcL3V4ZlpaR3pqVE5BPT0iLCJ2YWx1ZSI6Im84dkxzblRMWWtXWHpqc2lWNkZWbW83UzZSZTFpR25ac1JvSHNVbCtDTGFuXC9Oc0s5NStCRlZ4Y01ub0V3aFpTUW1vR ▶"
HTTP_DNT
"1"
HTTP_CONNECTION
"keep-alive"
HTTP_UPGRADE_INSECURE_REQUESTS
"1"
PATH
"/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"
SERVER_SIGNATURE
"<address>Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at test.dashboost.org Port 80</address>\n"
SERVER_SOFTWARE
"Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)"
SERVER_NAME
"test.dashboost.org"
SERVER_ADDR
"172.31.18.84"
SERVER_PORT
"80"
REMOTE_ADDR
"*.*.*.*" <--censored
DOCUMENT_ROOT
"/var/www/html/public"
REQUEST_SCHEME
"http"
CONTEXT_PREFIX
""
CONTEXT_DOCUMENT_ROOT
"/var/www/html/public"
SERVER_ADMIN
"webmaster@localhost"
SCRIPT_FILENAME
"/var/www/html/public/index.php"
REMOTE_PORT
"52063"
REDIRECT_URL
"/register"
GATEWAY_INTERFACE
"CGI/1.1"
SERVER_PROTOCOL
"HTTP/1.1"
REQUEST_METHOD
"GET"
QUERY_STRING
""
REQUEST_URI
"/register"
SCRIPT_NAME
"/index.php"
PHP_SELF
"/index.php"
REQUEST_TIME_FLOAT
REQUEST_TIME
APP_NAME
"DashBoost"
APP_ENV
"development"
APP_KEY
"base64:V+KiA72mjQhNDb41GX/yXNdpTx2Hgx8UKeBj/VGOJMg="
APP_DEBUG
"true"
APP_LOG_LEVEL
"debug"
APP_URL
"http://test.dashboost.org"
DB_CONNECTION
"mysql"
DB_HOST
"127.0.0.1"
DB_PORT
"3306"
DB_DATABASE
"dash_boost_db"
DB_USERNAME
"root"
DB_PASSWORD
"dashboost123#!/&"

BROADCAST_DRIVER
"log"
CACHE_DRIVER
"file"
SESSION_DRIVER
"file"
SESSION_LIFETIME
"120"
QUEUE_DRIVER
"sync"
REDIS_HOST
"127.0.0.1"
REDIS_PASSWORD
"null"
REDIS_PORT
"6379"
MAIL_DRIVER
"smtp"
MAIL_HOST
"smtp.mandrillapp.com"
MAIL_PORT
"587"
MAIL_USERNAME
"DashBoost"
MAIL_PASSWORD
"O7vrt1qCtOkYYts5mlzd8g"

MAIL_ENCRYPTION
"null"
PUSHER_APP_ID
""
PUSHER_APP_KEY
""
PUSHER_APP_SECRET
""
PUSHER_APP_CLUSTER
"mt1"
MAILCHIMP_API_KEY
"6a8804aae26fb5ce74652cd9f487d166-us17"
MANDRILL_API_KEY
"O7vrt1qCtOkYYts5mlzd8g"
RECAPTCHA_SITE_KEY
"6Ld5p0UUAAAAACOK4E-PUsGhusEaUCc9Lf7gyEm2"
RECAPTCHA_SECRET_KEY
"6Ld5p0UUAAAAAEDN3tZ7_FCfvjgEhaUsaTsroJwN"
LIVE_NODE_SERVER_ENDPOINT
"http://18.222.87.77:3001/"
UTXO_WALLET_ADDRESS
"yfiECZ6jTJ8ELHYCLESEzX1n4RebcksJxR"
SERVER_NET
"testnet"
Environment Variables
APP_NAME
"DashBoost"
APP_ENV
"development"
APP_KEY
"base64:V+KiA72mjQhNDb41GX/yXNdpTx2Hgx8UKeBj/VGOJMg="
APP_DEBUG
"true"
APP_LOG_LEVEL
"debug"
APP_URL
"http://test.dashboost.org"
DB_CONNECTION
"mysql"
DB_HOST
"127.0.0.1"
DB_PORT
"3306"
DB_DATABASE
"dash_boost_db"
DB_USERNAME
"root"
DB_PASSWORD
"dashboost123#!/&"

BROADCAST_DRIVER
"log"
CACHE_DRIVER
"file"
SESSION_DRIVER
"file"
SESSION_LIFETIME
"120"
QUEUE_DRIVER
"sync"
REDIS_HOST
"127.0.0.1"
REDIS_PASSWORD
"null"
REDIS_PORT
"6379"
MAIL_DRIVER
"smtp"
MAIL_HOST
"smtp.mandrillapp.com"
MAIL_PORT
"587"
MAIL_USERNAME
"DashBoost"
MAIL_PASSWORD
"O7vrt1qCtOkYYts5mlzd8g"

MAIL_ENCRYPTION
"null"
PUSHER_APP_ID
""
PUSHER_APP_KEY
""
PUSHER_APP_SECRET
""
PUSHER_APP_CLUSTER
"mt1"
MAILCHIMP_API_KEY
"6a8804aae26fb5ce74652cd9f487d166-us17"
MANDRILL_API_KEY
"O7vrt1qCtOkYYts5mlzd8g"
RECAPTCHA_SITE_KEY
"6Ld5p0UUAAAAACOK4E-PUsGhusEaUCc9Lf7gyEm2"
RECAPTCHA_SECRET_KEY
"6Ld5p0UUAAAAAEDN3tZ7_FCfvjgEhaUsaTsroJwN"
LIVE_NODE_SERVER_ENDPOINT
"http://18.222.87.77:3001/"
UTXO_WALLET_ADDRESS
"yfiECZ6jTJ8ELHYCLESEzX1n4RebcksJxR"
SERVER_NET
"testnet"
Registered Handlers
0. Whoops\Handler\PrettyPageHandler

Last edited:
Hey @demo,

Thanks for pointing that out, sorry it wasn't working for you.

The fix has just been deployed so you'll be able to register no problem now.

Happy Testing!

I registered. But does your wallet verification works?

Look here: http://test.dashboost.org/wallets/filter/most

In the report, the most rich address is supposed to be
Wallet Address
ycn5RWc4Ruo35FTS8bJwugVyCEkfVcrw9a
Wallet Dash
Wallet Votes
Well, this address is empty!!!
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?ycn5RWc4Ruo35FTS8bJwugVyCEkfVcrw9a.htm

And the supposed second richest wallet.
Wallet Address
ydnN29Zc32NH26Uv8XP5SHgPPhFMg9ZaYA
Wallet Dash
Wallet Votes

Empty too!
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?ydnN29Zc32NH26Uv8XP5SHgPPhFMg9ZaYA.htm

Hey @demo,

We appreciate you taking the time to test the site.
After a bit of investigation, we noticed the link you sent us was to a mainnet block explorer.
DashBoost is currently running on the testnet and all the wallets also run on the testnet.
To verify testnet wallets you must use a testnet block explorer
Feel free to use the following links to verify any wallets you feel are suspect on our site:

http://18.222.87.77:3001/insight/address/ycn5RWc4Ruo35FTS8bJwugVyCEkfVcrw9a

http://test.insight.masternode.io:3001/address/ycn5RWc4Ruo35FTS8bJwugVyCEkfVcrw9a

Happy Testing!

Tried to put a test proposal but couldnt get passed the first dialog.
DZvuz_JVMAE4qpU.jpg

Clicking on Create Draft does nothing, I thought I needed to register my wallet first, but even thought I did nothing changed.

BTW why we need to register a wallet, and if so, wouldnt this be part of this form. Like a drop down menu of the registered wallets?

Hi JZA,

The DashBoost code base belongs to the Dash community but will only be made available to persons who make a formal request to the Masternode network.

You can see the discussion at: "dashcentral.org/p/gc-dash-boost"

The relevant commentary being as follows;

"This is a community project that will be funded by the community and will be 100% for the community.  If there is ever a requirement for the DashBoost infrastructure and codebase to be made available to other regions and sub communities then it will be made available.

The main point that I’m making here is that the community will always decide what happens in this domain.  If someone creates a proposal and references our codebase as a key component then pending that proposal being passed we will supply the code as per the request of the community."

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Clicking on Create Draft does nothing, I thought I needed to register my wallet first, but even thought I did nothing changed.

BTW why we need to register a wallet, and if so, wouldnt this be part of this form. Like a drop down menu of the registered wallets?[/QUOTE]

Registering a wallet is for voting only. Voting on a proposal is completely independent of submitting a proposal. Currently no live cycles so thats maybe what is causing you the issues. Leave this with me for the time being.

Hi JZA,

The DashBoost code base belongs to the Dash community but will only be made available to persons who make a formal request to the Masternode network.

You can see the discussion at: "dashcentral.org/p/gc-dash-boost"

The relevant commentary being as follows;

"This is a community project that will be funded by the community and will be 100% for the community.  If there is ever a requirement for the DashBoost infrastructure and codebase to be made available to other regions and sub communities then it will be made available.

The main point that I’m making here is that the community will always decide what happens in this domain.  If someone creates a proposal and references our codebase as a key component then pending that proposal being passed we will supply the code as per the request of the community."

I hope this helps.

All the best,

So is not fully open source, just like shared-source license. Can this change in the future to be fully GPL/MIT?

So is not fully open source, just like shared-source license. Can this change in the future to be fully GPL/MIT?

The whole point of not making it fully open source was to prevent competitor coins from replicating it. But to answer your question - Whatever the community wants, we'll do..

ah ok, thanks for the clarifcation, I would like to see fully GPL, not to fork it but just because it make sense to make open source projects have fully open source projects. For security and other reasons.

To whoever wants to register to dashboost. There is a bug in vote registration.

The message that you are supposed to sign with your private key of your wallet, has a space character in front and a space character at the end.
If you want to register, copy the message from dashboost site, paste the message in your qt-wallet, then delete the spaces in front and at the end in your qt-wallet, and then sign the message.
You have to do this, otherwise your dash address will not register.
I am using a FIREFOX browser, and lubuntu as operating system.

Any tip is welcome, for discovering this bug.

By the way, I am the FIRST one who managed to register a REAL vote (a vote of the mainnet) in Dashboost!!!:):p:):p:):cool::cool:
Users: 8 Registered Votes: 1

Last edited:
To whoever wants to register to dashboost. There is a bug in vote registration.

The message that you are supposed to sign with your private key of your wallet, has a space character in front and a space character at the end.
If you want to register, copy the message from dashboost site, paste the message in your qt-wallet, then delete the spaces in front and at the end in your qt-wallet, and then sign the message.
You have to do this, otherwise your dash address will not register.
I am using a FIREFOX browser, and lubuntu as operating system.

Any tip is welcome, for discovering this bug.

By the way, I am the FIRST one who managed to register a REAL vote (a vote of the mainnet) in Dashboost!!!:):p:):p:):cool::cool:
Users: 8 Registered Votes: 1
Hello @demo, I am unable to replicate your problem in chrome, however my team and I will investigate and try to fix it. Thanks

The available budget for microproposals is currently set to 10 dash.
Isnt 1 dash proposal fee to much for a microproposal?

In the main budget system the whole budget is 6176 dash and the proposal fee is 5 dash.
So for 10 dash , the microproposal fee should be
0.008 dash.

Last edited:
Back