• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Where did this 1119 Dash come from?

ec1warc1

This has been the tightest budget I have seen, with so many proposals and what appeared to be so little funding available. Then, out of the blue, 1119 Dash appeared:
upload_2018-3-24_22-4-40.png

This is good news for everyone, especially those with proposals up for voting this cycle. My question is: where did the money come from?

Is there a place that explains the budget funding in detail, for example who gets paid when more proposals pass than there are funds to pay them all? Do past multi-month proposals compete each month with new proposals? If a multi-month proposal falls out of favor for not providing, can it be voted out of payments?

Thank you everyone!

This has been the tightest budget I have seen, with so many proposals and what appeared to be so little funding available. Then, out of the blue, 1119 Dash appeared:
View attachment 6723
This is good news for everyone, especially those with proposals up for voting this cycle. My question is: where did the money come from?

Is there a place that explains the budget funding in detail, for example who gets paid when more proposals pass than there are funds to pay them all? Do past multi-month proposals compete each month with new proposals? If a multi-month proposal falls out of favor for not providing, can it be voted out of payments?

Thank you everyone!

*In order to be approved, a proposal has to pass the following conditions:
  1. The "Net Votes" (i.e., the total of "Yes" votes minus the total of "No" votes) must be greater than 10% of all active Masternodes.
  2. The "Monthly Amount" requested must fit into the current total available budget. Proposals are given priority based on the "Net Votes." If there is a tie, the proposal with the most "Yes" votes gets priority.
  3. A proposal must be over 24 hours old.
  4. A proposal must be submitted at least three days before the budget deadline.
A detailed explanation of the Voting and Budget system can be found here.

Pasted from dashvotetracker.com

The masternodes voted down some already approved proposals (from previous budget cycles) which binded money for several months.
For example this one:
https://dashvotetracker.com/history.php?ProposalID=469

Also some other proposals initiated in this budget cycle, that were about to pass, seem to fail now.
For exampe this one:
https://dashvotetracker.com/history.php?ProposalID=518

This is where the money came from.

Last edited:
Hi @demo. Thanks for the response.

I noticed that proposals start on the day that they are proposed and finish on x number of months thereafter. Is it possible that because many multiple month proposals finish in the middle of the month effect this? [even though they are paid at the beginning of the month].

I would love to know more about this. I think it is the responsibility of MNOs to know how this works in depth. Knowing how much is in the budget effects the way people vote.

Back