• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

cant find any easy to use APIs , SDKs even after a lot of effort, being a DAO this a massive shame

Dashmaximalist

hi guys

i have been searching last few days for any easy to use APIs for web and SDKs , so far all i could find are blockcypher and broken dash core code ( clone from bit core ) , so far there are no SDKs for Android, either they are hiding some where or its a massive negligence. Either way we need to do better much better

Stellar has super easy APIs , SDKs to use off the shelf for all the popular languages

Dont tell me we are waiting for Evolution to fix this , that's a very bad and tiring excuse

Does bitcoin have fees and support provided by "the network"? No, they have a community and an ecosystem around it to support these things, Dash has similar tools.

I know you don't like to hear "we're waiting on Evolution" but to be honest, these community projects and things like BlockCypher provided centralized solutions to interacting with the blockchain, what Evo is trying to do is let each client connect to a quorum of masternodes to do in a decentralized manner.

An Android is a linux machine, which has java on top.
So you dont need any api to integrate with dash, you just need to know linux and java.

Then install this.....
How easy do you want this to be?
You can pretty easily broadcast transaction using the REST API on insight.dash.org - https://github.com/dashpay/insight-api-dash#transaction-broadcasting

.....into the android machine.

But why broadcast dash transactions from an Android? Isnt this a security issue?

Last edited:
https://www.stellar.org/developers/ check the API from stellar they are so simple to use ..and can be tested and integrated in few mins
Stellar uses midleware http REST servers named horizon, and the android machine connects to horizon servers in order to indirectly access the stellar-core (the masternodes).
This is a centralized architecture, that is usefull to the banks who want interoperability with stellar.
This architecture has nothing to do with the bitcoin architecture that dash follows...
I wonder, who is giving you advices?

Last edited:
Stellar uses midleware http REST servers named horizon, and the android machine connects to horizon servers in order to indirectly access the stellar-core (the masternodes).
This is a centralized architecture, that is usefull to the banks who want interoperability with stellar.
This architecture has nothing to do with the bitcoin architecture that dash follows...
I wonder, who is giving you advices?

i think we don't have to bring centralization conspiracy to every bit, we have blockcypher helping devs with easy APIs, there should be similar services available free of cost, which makes dev lives easier

i think we don't have to bring centralization conspiracy to every bit, we have blockcypher helping devs with easy APIs, there should be similar services available free of cost, which makes dev lives easier

I dont think the goal is to make developers lives easier.
The goal is to make customers' privacy safer.
You cannot sacrifice customers safety for the easiness of the development.

Furthermore, it seems difficult for you to implement what you want, simply because you are not aware of the underlying technology.
If you knew the technology , then it would seem easy to you.:)

I repeat my offer, give me access to a vps server of yours.
By the way, what are you doing with the payments automation?
Did you buy a linux virtual private server?
If yes, then open an account to me there, and I will show you how you a way to automate payements (using bash scripts and crontab) in the dash testnet.
Then you could copy my method, and apply it to the real dash network.

There I could show you how to do it, in the testnet and you can copy my work to the mainnet. I dont know 100% how to do it, but I am sure that I will find out as long as the correct tools are given to me. And no, I am not going to use any middleware, like stellar or blockcypher is doing. I will talk directly to the dash blockchain by using rpc calls to the dashd, because I insist that this is the safest way to do things. And if you insist that you want a REST API, you could use a custom LAMP server to export things.

Last edited:
need to get Dash Evo out as soon as possible.
REST API or SDK is much needed for more developments and more services/product built around an ecosystem or a platform.

Back