• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PorcFest Sponsorship Proposal (Keynote by Ben Swann)

thedesertlynx

Proposal is live!

Top-tier sponsorship of the Porcupine Freedom Festival, including several speaking slots (Keynote by Ben Swann), a Dash wallet setup and giveaway to attendees, and the creation of a several-day full Dash economy.

About PorcFest

The Porcupine Freedom Festival, described as the "largest gathering of libertarians in the world," is the flagship event held by the Free State Project, with a projected attendance of over 1,500. The event covers a wide variety of liberty-oriented topics, including cryptocurrency, online privacy, and internet freedom. Past speakers have included Patrick Byrne, Nick Gillespie, Jeff Berwick, Jeffrey Tucker, and others known in the libertarian and cryptocurrency community.

PorcFest is a week-long event, and is the centerpiece for the Free State movement (and its associates around the world), which is one of the planet’s most cryptocurrency-friendly, including the town of Portsmouth which claims well more than one Dash-accepting business per 1,000 people. The community also claims several who work full-time for Dash, including at least two Core team members.

PorcFest has been one of the most important events to the cryptocurrency revolution over the years by providing an environment where most people will use it in a practical setting. This used to be Bitcoin in years past, however due to increasingly high fees and transaction times, it has fallen out of favor. The festival organizers recently dropped Bitcoin in favor of Dash as a payment option for tickets, and is poised to provide an environment where it's unavoidable that Dash is the cryptocurrency of the future.

Benefit to the Dash community

The main keynote of the even has been confirmed to be Ben Swann, a major draw to this audience as well as a major Dash success story of treasury-funded independent media overcoming censorship. At least one other major keynote will be by Dash, with several other talks during the week Essentially, this will be a heavily Dash-dominated event with over double the projected attendance of the Dash conference in London.

Liberty Forum earlier this year was a major success, with several Dash talks, 80 new wallet set up (most of whom reportedly spent their new Dash right there), and 100 Dash/Liberty Forum branded shirts given out. We plan on expanding on this by taking the experience past simply using Dash as money to living off of it for several days, and reaching a much larger audience with a much greater depth.

The New Hampshire cryptocurrency community is one of the world’s strongest and oldest, with many big industry players as early participants, including Erik Voorhees, Charlie Shrem, Gavin Andresen, Zach and Josh Harvey, Amanda B. Johnson, and others. Notably, “Bitcoin Jesus” Roger Ver first heard about Bitcoin on New Hampshire-based radio show Free Talk Live, which is presently sponsored by Dash and has then gone on to host many significant cryptocurrency figures including Evan Duffield.

Specifically, New Hampshire’s community focuses extensively on using cryptocurrency as digital cash rather than simply a speculative investment, and it has consistently been one of the few places on Earth you can currently live entirely off of cryptocurrency. Securing Dash's dominant position here will shape global cryptocurrency adoption thin the future.

How does this create new Dash users?

1: This is one of the largest events in the world catering to cryptocurrency users, not just fans or speculators. They are seeking ways of living off of cryptocurrency today, and want to know the best coin to do so. By displaying a show of how large and powerful the Dash ecosystem is, in particular by showcasing Ben Swann's real-world Dash success story, they will know which one they should start using today.

2: The two-table setup will allow us to teach newcomers about Dash and perform a giveaway/wallet setup at one table, and immediately provide a point-of-sale experience for buying Dash swag with it at the next table over. All throughout the week users will be able spend their Dash at a variety of vendors, giving the complete Dash economy experience.

3: We will provide materials and form contacts with attendees with a wide variety of locations, walks of life, considerations, etc. to find their best fit in the Dash ecosystem. They will receive personalized information on how to use Dash for their needs and interests.

About Me

My name is Joel Valenzuela and I am a Dash Force partner and the chief editor of Dash Force News. I have spoken at numerous conferences in the past including past PorcFests, and have presented about Dash specifically at the Texas Bitcoin Conference, the regional European Students for Liberty conference in Vienna, and the Freecoast Festival. I ran Dash's sponsorship of Liberty Forum this year and presented on Dash twice in addition to participating in the cryptocurrency panel.

Funding Breakdown

Sponsorships:

Exclusive Diamond Sponsorship ($20k):
-Main Pavilion Sponsor, will be named "The Dash Pavilion" with a large banner next to pavilion
-Branding on the PorcFest maps ("The Dash Pavilion" would be on approximately 50 scheduling entries )
-1 vending table
-Materials in all attendees' bags
-Logo on the back of volunteer t-shirts (exclusive)
-Speaking slot in the Main Pavilion for a Dash representative during prime speaking hours
-Large banner in Main Pavilion adjacent to the main stage
-One blog post, also shared across social media channels
-One additional social media post
-One video produced by Dash

Lanyard Sponsorship ($1.5k)
-All lanyards will have the Dash logo

Additional vending table ($399)
-Extra table for swag sales to demonstrate the Dash economy

Materials:

Promotional materials and swag for distribution to ticket holders and for the Dash tables ($3k)

Travel for Dash Force/Core staff:

($2k)

Subtotal:

46 Dash ($26,899 @ $700/Dash + ~20% emergency fluctuation buffer)

Giveaway:

5 Dash split among all-inclusive ticket holders

Proposal fee reimbursement:

5 Dash

TOTAL:

56 Dash

What if the price of Dash changes?

A 20% buffer is in place to guarantee against price drops. In the event of minor surplus funds, extra will be assigned to the giveaways and materials. In the event of a major surplus, extra will go towards sponsorship of the Freecoast Festival and other future events where maximum value to the Dash network can be provided.

Last edited:
I will be submitting the full post today, this will remain with the more detailed outline of everything offered since DC has certain limitations.

And one of the co-producers of PorcFest XV 2018, I want to thank Joel for working hard to help make this happen. But, even more importantly, as a Dash partial master node holder (thanks, Splawik!), I think an event like this where people find out how truly easy and fast Dash is makes all the difference in the world to people. I watched people go from the Dash table at Liberty Forum and then go spend it. Most of them were amazed at how fast and easy it was. And, I experienced it myself over and over as we signed up people for PorcFest tickets at our table at Liberty Forum using Dash. Dash was by far the most used crypto at our table to buy tickets to PorcFest.

I can't wait to see Dash branding all over this event!

And one of the co-producers of PorcFest XV 2018, I want to thank Joel for working hard to help make this happen. But, even more importantly, as a Dash partial master node holder (thanks, Splawik!), I think an event like this where people find out how truly easy and fast Dash is makes all the difference in the world to people. I watched people go from the Dash table at Liberty Forum and then go spend it. Most of them were amazed at how fast and easy it was. And, I experienced it myself over and over as we signed up people for PorcFest tickets at our table at Liberty Forum using Dash. Dash was by far the most used crypto at our table to buy tickets to PorcFest.

I can't wait to see Dash branding all over this event!

Thanks, and it's good to have your support. Let's hope the network agrees on the value proposition.

Great to see Ben Swann integrating himself into Dash community initiatives such as this! I hope to be able to come out to PorcFest this year, sounds amazing!

Great to see Ben Swann integrating himself into Dash community initiatives such as this! I hope to be able to come out to PorcFest this year, sounds amazing!

PorcFest will be an amazing time this year! We are gearing up to make this 15th anniversary the biggest and best yet! You can get your tickets at PorcFest.com. :)

Back