• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: continuing electrum-dash development and support in 2018

Will you fund this? Please, only MNO

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

akhavr

Upd: proposal is live https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DashElectrumFeb2018

Overview:

Electrum is probably the most popular open-source SPV wallet for bitcoin. Last year I've picked up maintenance and support for Electrum-DASH. Since then, I've assembled a small team (of me and one other developer).

Scope and deliverables:
So far we've done:
  • completely reworked and automated build and packaging process
  • 2.6.4 version within this new process
  • 2.9.3 version with follow on patch releases, up to 2.9.3.2
Execution and Schedule:
Work already performed or in progress. Deliverables are released publicly as soon as they are ready.

Roadmap:
  • keep up with the upstream development (now at 3.0.5)
  • improve our ability to support different OS and hardware wallets combinations
  • package for more Linux distributions, starting with Ubuntu and Mint
  • Tor support both for server and client
  • research and implement Dash-specific features like Instant Send, Private Send and Masternode monitoring
  • release android version
  • integrate with OpenBazaar and other shopping API
  • adjust priorities according community feedback

About me:

I'm active software developer for over 25 years and for last 15 years I develop mainly in Python. I'm in DASH since late 2014 (you can track my posts on the forum). I package electrum-dash for almost a year now.

Amount requested:
To execute this roadmap during 2018, I request 100DASH. As of Feb 11th, 30day SMA is 739.972$ per DASH, which makes team budget of $70297.34 and 5DASH towards proposal fee. This would allow us to operate for 6-8 months at current run-rate.
If DASH will appreciate during the year, as it was at 2017, I will submit next proposal only when these funds will dry up.

More info:

Last edited:
Do you have some data on how many people actually use Electrum Dash app?

Hardware wallets + Dash specific features would be really useful as no Wallet currently supports both.

I think this would be worth funding, for the privatesend/instantsend implimentation. These are a very important features we need in a desktop light wallet

Do you have some data on how many people actually use Electrum Dash app?

Unfortunately, no. Tracking installations would require some reporting, which would break users' privacy. Big no-no.

Hardware wallets + Dash specific features would be really useful as no Wallet currently supports both.

I think this would be worth funding, for the privatesend/instantsend implimentation. These are a very important features we need in a desktop light wallet

We have this on our roadmap, but it's still not clear how this would work.

I already voted yes as you have already provided real-world results for your efforts. But, in the future, I would appreciate if you set a good example for others to follow and set up escrow with Core or one of the other providers, along with clearly defined milestones. Not deadlines, mind you, but milestones, to be completed at your pace. I'm sure you can see the value in this.

I already voted yes as you have already provided real-world results for your efforts. But, in the future, I would appreciate if you set a good example for others to follow and set up escrow with Core or one of the other providers, along with clearly defined milestones. Not deadlines, mind you, but milestones, to be completed at your pace. I'm sure you can see the value in this.

Thank you for your support.

Yet, I'd point you to a section "Execution and Schedule" in my proposal. Year ago and now it says "Work already performed or in progress"

Thanks to a dash price rise year ago, I don't have to ask for a funding before the work is done. Combined with me disliking selling vapourware, I first deliver and then ask for a payment.

Hope to be helpful in 2018, supporting dash-electrum clients, servers, and hardware wallets integration :)

Can't you just count the number of downloads per version to give us a idea how many people are at least downloading the software? Even if it was small i'd still consider it a useful investment to have these tools available. I too would like to see more hardware wallet support as well.

And whats the point to release a android version? is there demand? Can't copay, hash engineering, evolution cover that very well?

Can't you just count the number of downloads per version to give us a idea how many people are at least downloading the software? Even if it was small i'd still consider it a useful investment to have these tools available. I too would like to see more hardware wallet support as well.

I don't maintain https://electrum.dash.org though I can ask admins for some stats. Yet, I guess most of downloads happen directly from github and thus won't be counted.

And whats the point to release a android version? is there demand? Can't copay, hash engineering, evolution cover that very well?

My idea is to explore a hardware integration on android, so finally I would be able to send dash from my ledger nano w/o notebook.

Thank you for supporting our efforts.

We're going to release a minor update soon. I wished we'd have ubuntu and mint ppa by that moment, but not yet :)

Alas, due to fallen Dash price, we have to call for another funding this month. Please support our team...

Back