• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash In-Flight Media Campaign

JV.Darkroom

**Reposted here from original proposal forum thread

Hey everyone!

We want to thank you for your support on our most recent proposal. It has passed for the month of January, and per our proposal we have secured the ad spot for March of 2018 for JetBlue, American Airlines, and United Airlines!
During this month (January) the Dash ad is airing on American Airlines, United Airlines, and Virgin America Airlines. You can find the entire schedule here.
I’ve uploaded a recent Proof of Performance document for the month of December here, along with the rest of our Campaign Documents.

We have received a lot of feedback on ways we can improve the video, and we appreciate all of the input. We are eager to incorporate new marketing materials related to Dash Evolution as they become available to the Dash community.

Thank you all for your continued support!

Last edited:
Yep... good work. I am sure this is providing great exposure to the gen pop who otherwise would not be seeking out Dash.
Exposure is the first step to acceptance.

I did notice that the figures provided by AA are the same every month.... which I assume is total seat capacity over the month and not actual bums on seats. (assume the other airlines are providing same data).

If this is correct, is it possible to get them to provide more accurate monthly figures to include only occupied seats?
I would think they would have total passenger number data available on a monthly basis.

Excellent!

Is southwest Airlines going to be included? If not, why not?

We are always working to expand this campaign to new airlines, but the video has been denied by many airlines due to the nature of cryptocurrencies.
We plan to incorporate new Dash material, regarding Dash Evolution, as it becomes available to the Dash community. Depending on how the material is produced, it may be reconsidered by Airlines that have previously denied airing our current video.
We do intend to expand our campaign to all major airlines that are both willing and capable of providing ad space.

Thanks again for all of your input and support!

Yep... good work. I am sure this is providing great exposure to the gen pop who otherwise would not be seeking out Dash.
Exposure is the first step to acceptance.

I did notice that the figures provided by AA are the same every month.... which I assume is total seat capacity over the month and not actual bums on seats. (assume the other airlines are providing same data).

If this is correct, is it possible to get them to provide more accurate monthly figures to include only occupied seats?
I would think they would have total passenger number data available on a monthly basis.

Thanks! We can seek more data from the Airlines for potentially more accurate monthly passenger counts if those reported numbers are based on full-capacity and not a monthly average.

Reactions: TLC
Hey everyone!
We’ve got some photos of our Dash ad airing on a United flight during January and we wanted to share them with you.
The photos can be viewed here.

Thanks again for the support & stay tuned for more updates!

Hey just wanted to pass this video along in case you'd like to use it for an inflight campaign:

I know you mentioned that some airlines don't want to run a "cryptocurrency" related video, and we are running into the same problem with facebook, so we created a Dash intro video concept that paints us strictly as a payment provider with no mention of crypto or bitcoin.

If folks like the concept we can also continue working on it and improving it and incorporating feedback. Or feel free to use as-is as we are going to do on facebook to attack merchant integrations from the payments angle.

We think a lot of merchants are probably on those flights.

Last edited:
Hey just wanted to pass this video along in case you'd like to use it for an inflight campaign:

I know you mentioned that some airlines don't want to run a "cryptocurrency" related video, and we are running into the same problem with facebook, so we created a Dash intro video concept that paints us strictly as a payment provider with no mention of crypto or bitcoin.

If folks like the concept we can also continue working on it and improving it and incorporating feedback. Or feel free to use as-is as we are going to do on facebook to attack merchant integrations from the payments angle.

We think a lot of merchants are probably on those flights.

Thanks for sending that our way, this is an exciting video! We're definitely interested in any Dash-related media that targets different types of audiences.
Keep up the good work!!

We've just posted Proof of Performance docs for December 2017, as well as Proof of Performance docs for January of this year that we have received so far. These documents can be viewed here.
We'll continue to post these as they become available to us. Thanks again for all of your support!

Could you please add some tags in the tittle of this thread, that could describe it more accurately and could facititate its search and classification?

Could you please add some tags in the tittle of this thread, that could describe it more accurately and could facititate its search and classification?
Thanks for the tip! I went ahead and added some tags to the title, hope that helps!

Hey everyone!

We've just added Proof of Performance docs for the month of January & February to our Campaign Documents that can be viewed here. We'll continue to post these as we receive them from the Airlines.

Unfortunately, due to significant devaluation, American Airlines is only partially funded and has been removed from the schedule for the month of May. The remaining funding will be applied to our future campaign, and in the case of significant increased valuation, it will secure an available future spot. The schedule has been updated, and can be viewed here.

Stay tuned for more updates regarding future run dates & new airlines!! We appreciate all of the support!

Hi J.V

I'd like to speak with you regarding possible redistribution of our new ad. What's your preferred method of contact?

Hi! Please feel free to post any ideas & content here! We appreciate all new potential media, but we do aim to be consistent with Dash.org's website. With regards to ads for the general public, we do not want to assume that anyone is already familiar with Dash or other cryptocurrencies - that's one of the reasons we think the current ad is the most suitable video available at this time.
Please feel free to upload new content and if a good match is found, we'll consider submitting it for future run dates. Thanks!!

G
Hi! Please feel free to post any ideas & content here! We appreciate all new potential media, but we do aim to be consistent with Dash.org's website. With regards to ads for the general public, we do not want to assume that anyone is already familiar with Dash or other cryptocurrencies - that's one of the reasons we think the current ad is the most suitable video available at this time.
Please feel free to upload new content and if a good match is found, we'll consider submitting it for future run dates. Thanks!!
Great to know you're open to it! Our ad is specifically targeted at remittance users; I can send you an edit to look at if you'd sign an NDA?

Hello everyone!

We've received the Proof of Performance documents for the month of March, and those files can be viewed here.
Thank you all for your continued support!
We have submitted a new proposal introducing Air Canada to this campaign which will extend it from July to October of 2018. With this addition to the existing Airlines, we'll be able to reach a total of 52.8 Million people over the course of 4 months!
The proposal can be found here.

Thanks again!

Back