• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

My plan for Dash

Dashmaximalist

Marketing , Marketing & more Marketing

there are over 2000 crypto coins fighting for the mindshare of investors / users , it doesn't matter how decentralised/cool you think dash is ,if we don't win mind share of people , we lose market share and once we lose market share in long term bad things happen.

Money makes money
Remember we are in this because we want to reinvent money not destroy it, and if you want to make money you need money , in crypto world thats called Market Cap

Build a world class marketing team with Goals
Do you think the C-level folks at amazon/ google will have their paychecks without hitting right targets? no way.
We immediately need to set goals for Dash too, things related to market cap / market share / related to user base

Get a powerful Business development team with goals
Getting juicy partnerships seems to be the name of the game in the crypto world , rightly so. Partnerships build value for the whole ecosystem, right now we either partner with nameless companies or start-ups that want to get a free ride on dash.

Give Market what it loves
Market loves low fees and fast txns, we were loved for this before , but now we have competition doing a better job than us, we need to beat them at any cost. Users don't care about hypothetical attack vectors and state sponsored sabotage of your nodes.
Market seems to be loving smart contracts / side chains other possibilities, lets roll them out at least on a small scale.
Market also likes big statements ( like say 'dash aims to acquire million users per month' ) , lets make them.

Stop funding Start-ups
Start-ups love us, yes they love us because we have money to give them. But once they have our money they somehow lose motivation to make it big for themselves or promote us ...The big guys dont chase coz they are busy building their businesses, these are the ones we should chase.

Buy Ad Spots ,not shows

dash should stop giving money for doing Gigs / Movies / Shows and just buy ad spots , that's what smart advertisers do, when you are buying advertising spots , you run no risk of the show going under water , not getting started , people running with money , people not liking the show. Just buy the damn advertising spots , resist the temptation to sponsor shows , Only Netflix / Amazon can pull that and they have billions of dollars / 1000s of people dedicated to making it successful.

Than kyou for the heads-up.
About the part where you said Stop funding Start-Ups - some guys are actually trying to make their ideas into something big and they deserve a chance.
Tricky part is to notice them. If you ask me how to notice them - IDK at this point but don't shut everything down before they are born.

Give Market what it loves
Market loves low fees and fast txns, we were loved for this before , but now we have competition doing a better job than us, we need to beat them at any cost. Users don't care about hypothetical attack vectors and state sponsored sabotage of your nodes.

Could you please cite an example of our competition that is doing a "better job" in the areas of fast transactions and low fees? thanks!

Build a world class marketing team with Goals
Do you think the C-level folks at amazon/ google will have their paychecks without hitting right targets? no way.
We immediately need to set goals for Dash too, things related to market cap / market share / related to user base

Have you listened to the quarterly calls in their entirety? We have a world class marketing team with goals. And several independent marketing efforts too, like Amanda B. Johnson and Feedband's substantial efforts with very specific feedback that informed his most recent proposal. Have you not seen the results of his last proposal? I just listed half a dozen of them over on this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/7ttm8o/dash_needs_to_be_less_uscentric/

Have you listened to the quarterly calls in their entirety? We have a world class marketing team with goals. And several independent marketing efforts too, like Amanda B. Johnson and Feedband's substantial efforts with very specific feedback that informed his most recent proposal. Have you not seen the results of his last proposal? I just listed half a dozen of them over on this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/7ttm8o/dash_needs_to_be_less_uscentric/
Thats not a world class marketing team, please talk to marketing teams of any top companies like amazon / google etc

Could you expand on that? Not quite sure I follow...
we should have a strong focus on Market cap like the normal companies do , usually their top executives have a big part paid in stock which incentivizes them to increase the value etc
in the cash of dash, the whole treasury's size is directly related to market cap, so we cant wait and let market take over an push dash to 12th position

stellar lumens !

Stellar Lumens is extremely centralized and is as close to being the legacy banking system as you can get. The transaction cost to buy a hamburger with a ten dollar bill is apparently zero, but you have to accept and trust the banks to get it. No thanks.

Further, the median cost of a Dash transaction has dropped from a high of 8 or 10 cents to less than a penny.
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/dash-median_transaction_fee.html#3m

This is literally a diminishing returns issue. What is the functional difference between a penny, and zero, other than the zero cost transaction fee opens up another attack vector.

Stellar lumens is fighting it out with Litecoin to be the most centralized crypto on the planet. Again, not a better product than Dash.

Thats not a world class marketing team, please talk to marketing teams of any top companies like amazon / google etc

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, and I celebrate your ability to express it here. I just disagree with your assessment.

Stellar Lumens is extremely centralized and is as close to being the legacy banking system as you can get. The transaction cost to buy a hamburger with a ten dollar bill is apparently zero, but you have to accept and trust the banks to get it. No thanks.

Further, the median cost of a Dash transaction has dropped from a high of 8 or 10 cents to less than a penny.
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/dash-median_transaction_fee.html#3m

This is literally a diminishing returns issue. What is the functional difference between a penny, and zero, other than the zero cost transaction fee opens up another attack vector.

Stellar lumens is fighting it out with Litecoin to be the most centralized crypto on the planet. Again, not a better product than Dash.

TBH i dont know a lot about stellar's centralised aspect ( feel free to explain more about that ) ,but everything else i love about them, they have the lowest fees ,fasters confirmations , and super cool APIs

we are still talking about evolution and they have mobius ready on top

we should have a strong focus on Market cap like the normal companies do , usually their top executives have a big part paid in stock which incentivizes them to increase the value etc
in the cash of dash, the whole treasury's size is directly related to market cap, so we cant wait and let market take over an push dash to 12th position

Would you say Bitcoin has a strong focus on market cap?

Would you say Bitcoin has a strong focus on market cap?
bitcoin is shit , dont compare with it , but they have the first mover advantage and keeps going up , but eth is now the king , luckily both of these dont have focus on market cap coz they are already in the top.

in the end the coin which has the biggest market cap will be money

bitcoin is shit , dont compare with it , but they have the first mover advantage and keeps going up , but eth is now the king , luckily both of these dont have focus on market cap coz they are already in the top.

Every other coin that has more market cap than dash has it because they have smart contracts ( more of less ) , people seem to be loving them , its very important that dash rolls out smart contracts as well, so we can rise up in rankings

Bitcoin is not chicken liver. And they presently have the biggest market cap, which you say will determine who becomes money and who doesn't. But note that Dash has outperformed bitcoin 3:1 in the last year.

Eth is a very different use case, and is not really a competitor to Dash. Let's concentrate on what we do well first which is Digital Cash, then we can add other features like smart contracts. Attempting to do that now would dramatically set back the effort to get Evolution up, tested and functional. Do you agree that it would be foolhardy to take resources away from getting Evolution out the door?

Bitcoin is not chicken liver. And they presently have the biggest market cap, which you say will determine who becomes money and who doesn't. But note that Dash has outperformed bitcoin 3:1 in the last year.

Eth is a very different use case, and is not really a competitor to Dash. Let's concentrate on what we do well first which is Digital Cash, then we can add other features like smart contracts. Attempting to do that now would dramatically set back the effort to get Evolution up, tested and functional. Do you agree that it would be foolhardy to take resources away from getting Evolution out the door?
I have said this many times already we don't pull people out for building smart contracts we hire new folks ... There are enough funds

Last edited:
Find some top shelf devs, put up a prop.
This can't be done by me individually as i don't have a network for finding devs, someone interested can take it up , i am happy to support it. But ideally it should be the job of CEO to look forward to opening opportunities like this.

Back