• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

dash treasury is not your rich dad

Dashmaximalist

i am sick of seeing proposal after proposal asking us for help to kick start their businesses.

we get requests from bitcart instead of purse.io , bitclub instead of bitpay , huobi instead of coinbase .. you get the picture.

the point is successful business don't have the time to chase us, but that doesnt mean they dont want our money. It's time we start chasing established businesses. May be this will take efforts from our side, but it's worth it.

for the love of dash, make me vote on a deal with a successful businesses instead of a start-up out of a garage.

Agreed. I already saw it at the forum.
We need to signal somehow what we would like to see in proposals and make a list of wishes.
And I would like to see a lot from Request.

• Point of Sale (Square-like)
  • P2P payment apps (Venmo-like software)
  • Crowdfunding apps (Patreon- or Kickstarter-like)
  • Online payments e-commerce plugins (WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento,…)
  • Payroll apps (Gusto-like)
  • Accounting apps (Quickbooks-like)
  • Smart financial auditing algorithms
  • IoT platform integration (IBM Watson, AWS IoT, Azure IoT, etc…)
  • Expenses (Expensify-like)
  • Virtual Reality payment integrations
  • Off-chain reputation systems
  • Crypto-currencies VAT/Tax payments
  • Insurtech

https://blog.request.network/reques...ion-request-fund-6a6f87d27d43?gi=3d2e10bcba71

I agree the facts remain that 90+% of new business fail in the first 12 months. However, we need to make the steps individually and and start chasing these successful businesses and put forward our own proposals once we have established the connection with the business and come to an agreement. In my opinion our main goal should be business intergration making DASH spendable.

So what exactly will you do to achieve that? I am pretty sure core has tried communicating with most these large established companies. And not without results we have got integrations like Uphold.

So unless you have come up with some great plan to convince these companies we will just get the proposals that we get. And I don't really see an issue with that. The longer coinbase takes to implement Dash the less significant it will be.

So what exactly will you do to achieve that? I am pretty sure core has tried communicating with most these large established companies. And not without results we have got integrations like Uphold.

So unless you have come up with some great plan to convince these companies we will just get the proposals that we get. And I don't really see an issue with that. The longer coinbase takes to implement Dash the less significant it will be.

I am very happy if Core requests for few million to prop up our Business Development team and give them the fighting power to get us great deals. Our Biz Dev and Marketing teams are the weakest among all other teams we have.

On a side note, Green Candle( or similar entities ) take 10% of the money as escrow, they should work hard to get better deals for us.

For the love of dash , please let me vote on a deal with an established business , not a start-up that wants to be a freeloader on dash.

Biz Dev and Marketing should be far more dynamic than what we have , they should have targets set out , they should get fired if they miss them , they should get great bonuses if they meet those targets, thats how real companies are run,

1. What do you think they do with that money?
2. You really think Jeff and partners are not working hard?
i appreciate they are working hard, what i am interested are the results, like i said i would like to vote for partnerships with established businesses not start-ups

i appreciate they are working hard, what i am interested are the results, like i said i would like to vote for partnerships with established businesses not start-ups

Your question implies that they are not making good use of the 10% fee they collect. Again I ask, do you know what they are doing with the excess Dash they accumulate through fees and appreciation?

And, as noted by others, do you really think people from Dash have not had high level conversations with Coinbase?

not entirely sure . please explain

The fees that GreenCandle collects, and the "excess" funds that they may accumulate when the value of Dash goes up, that will all get re-invested into the Dash ecosystem.

People have complained for months (legitimately) that the 5 Dash proposal fee was too much of a barrier and would prevent smaller/creative/useful proposals from ever seeing the light of day. Guess who put together a plan to fix that and make it 1 Dash, and broaden out who can vote on such proposals. Yeah, Jeff Smith did that. Retained/excess Dash funds in GreenCandle will become available to smaller projects.

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/gc-dash-boost

People complained for months (legitimately) that there wasn't enough accountability in the proposal/Treasury system. The lack of an independent escrow service was a huge hole in the system. We didn't have that because it was a huge undertaking to get that to work in a legal/ethical manner. Guess who fixed that, yeah, Jeff Smith/GreenCandle.

People complained for months (legitimately) that the volatility of Dash made the proposal system less than optimal. It was a no-win situation. If Dash value zoomed up, people complained that the proposal winner was getting too much money for what they were giving back. If Dash value zoomed down, the proposal winners might starve to death or run out of resources to complete the project, everybody loses. Jeff Smith/Greencandle now has an option to pay the proposer a fixed amount of US dollars per month, while using the fees/excess to smooth out the volatility.

So your implication that Jeff/GreenCandle isn't accomplishing enough for Dash just doesn't fit the reality of what has happened in real life.

Do we all want more progress? Absolutely. I totally sympathize with your eagerness to make bigger progress and faster too. I get it. But I would never suggest that Jeff needs to try harder.

Thanks for clearing this up , i hope greencandle publishes the remaining amounts from various proposals so we all get an idea of how things are going forward.

I really appreciate all the efforts put up so far , @greencandle_jeremy @Green Candle thanks for that guys.

Now what are the stumbling blocks to getting deals with established businesses , is there more that we need to do , more people , more money , we need a proper discussion on this.

Funding start-ups and seeing them fail in 12 months is absolutely not worth it. Deals with big brands increase our market-cap immediately and it's worth putting lot more effort.

I am not against funding start-ups if they are genuine superstars or exotic ideas, but not a copycat of existing business that wants our hand out.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing this up , i hope greencandle publishes the remaining amounts from various proposals so we all get an idea of how things are going forward.

I really appreciate all the efforts put up so far , @greencandle_jeremy @Green Candle thanks for that guys.

Now what are the stumbling blocks to getting deals with established businesses , is there more that we need to do , more people , more money , we need a proper discussion on this.

Funding start-ups and seeing them fail in 12 months is absolutely not worth it. Deals with big brands increase our market-cap immediately and it's worth putting lot more effort.

I am not against funding start-ups if they are genuine superstars or exotic ideas, but not a copycat of existing business that wants our hand out.

obviously crypto to some degree is seen as “experimental” by big business - it takes time
the more small and start up lever integrate - the more the tech is prooving itself and the more big business will come
same old chicken and egg !
i know u are desperate for action (as u are posting every day a new suggestion) but this all needs time !
bitcoin is now going mainstream as a brand - only for investment - not for usuage
that is good for all of us as the public learns that they actually do not work (fees / speed) and people will start doing their homework on what actually does work (reg fees and speed)
so - patience is key here
+
as always
everybody is always encouraged to get involved , hunt down these big businesses and whatever else is needed for Dash !
go get em - u will feel so much better doing some action yourself than just posting complains and suggestions ;)

@solarguy Thank you for pointing out some of the not so obvious things we have done for the Dash network. We are very proud of what we have achieved in such short time and we really appreciate the support from people like yourself.

@Dashmaximalist I admire your passion for Dash and commitment to the network. I hope that over time, you will find that all of us at GreenCandle are equally committed and that we share the same goal. You mentioned your frustration with funding start-ups and your desire to see funds to go well established businesses. Our sponsorship of Rory Macdonald in his Title Match (which he won this past weekend) was an attempt to do just that. As a direct result of the work we have done on that file, we are in now talks with the top executives from Bellator (a well established business) to see how we may partner together for the benefit of Dash in the future. I know it won't be easy, but I look forward to the challenge of winning you over. Until then, I will let the work we do speak for itself.

@solarguy Thank you for pointing out some of the not so obvious things we have done for the Dash network. We are very proud of what we have achieved in such short time and we really appreciate the support from people like yourself.

@Dashmaximalist I admire your passion for Dash and commitment to the network. I hope that over time, you will find that all of us at GreenCandle are equally committed and that we share the same goal. You mentioned your frustration with funding start-ups and your desire to see funds to go well established businesses. Our sponsorship of Rory Macdonald in his Title Match (which he won this past weekend) was an attempt to do just that. As a direct result of the work we have done on that file, we are in now talks with the top executives from Bellator (a well established business) to see how we may partner together for the benefit of Dash in the future. I know it won't be easy, but I look forward to the challenge of winning you over. Until then, I will let the work we do speak for itself.
Thanks a lot for your reply , i really appreciate that. having said that , i think the best value add would come from partnerships , not just endorsements, i am not sure if bellator is ready to partner with dash-i.e accept dash for all their events sort of thing.

Unless we get reasonably established businesses to accept dash or better yet dash only, its not worth it. if you are saying its starts with endorsements but will turn into partnerships , you should mention that clearly so that we get excited about what we are getting into.

The wider market absolutely loves partnerships , and unfortunately there was no real big brand( or even medium brand) partnership that we put forward so forth, and that is the primary reason why we lost the Top 10 status.

For those who believe its about long term and not short term , let me remind you , in long term we are all dead, if we don't get into top 5 Market cap asap , people will forget dash, it doesn't matter if we have the best product in the world. In a world of million cryptos what matters is the mind share and unfortunately dash is losing mind share of an average investor every passing day.

obviously crypto to some degree is seen as “experimental” by big business - it takes time
the more small and start up lever integrate - the more the tech is prooving itself and the more big business will come
same old chicken and egg !
i know u are desperate for action (as u are posting every day a new suggestion) but this all needs time !
bitcoin is now going mainstream as a brand - only for investment - not for usuage
that is good for all of us as the public learns that they actually do not work (fees / speed) and people will start doing their homework on what actually does work (reg fees and speed)
so - patience is key here
+
as always
everybody is always encouraged to get involved , hunt down these big businesses and whatever else is needed for Dash !
go get em - u will feel so much better doing some action yourself than just posting complains and suggestions ;)

Thanks for your comments , i am very interested in getting into action, i am happy to be a part of the board of directors for dash i am proposing.

Back