• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

stellar has dead cheap fees , can we drop our fees to match them?

Dashmaximalist

stellar is using quorums to offfers fees of 0.0004 cents or something ridiculous like that. why cant we rollout something like that ?

Their tx times are 3-5 sec, once you use stellar dash feels too slow ...can instant x txn fee be brought down to 1 cent or so ?

I'm not entirely sure if transactions / accounts can't be frozen like they can in ripple (I've seen conflicting answers).

stellar is using quorums to offfers fees of 0.0004 cents or something ridiculous like that. why cant we rollout something like that ?

Their tx times are 3-5 sec, once you use stellar dash feels too slow ...can instant x txn fee be brought down to 1 cent or so ?

I've used testnet on eos recently and it feels similar. I haven't used stellar yet, but I'll try this weekend.

Stellar is essentially centralized. 82.76% of the (unminable, already fully distributed) coin supply is owned by the Stellar Development Foundation.
If you're going to use a centralized service, try BofA, Chase Quickpay, or Venmo. They're near instant.
Blockchains provide distributed consensus at the cost of some throughput efficiency. Dash's Instant send is about as good of a non-centralized solution as you're going to find for quick sending.

Stellar token distribution has nothing with their transaction time. They could distribute 100% tokens, yet have same "almost instant" payments.

The difference is their consensus mechanism. AFAIR they use a BFT within quorums of nodes (but don't quote me on that).

I doubt it's usable in dash since it would be a major change to our consensus protocol, essentially creating a new coin.

Stellar token distribution has nothing with their transaction time. They could distribute 100% tokens, yet have same "almost instant" payments.
True. What I meant was that if youre agnostic toward decentralization, there are plenty of non-blockchain-based options that would have as good if not better transaction throughput than stellar.

Back