• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core version v0.12.2.2 (64-bit) not mixing

MrGold

The balance in the QT wallet is 0.79 and the mixer has been running for around 12 hours, but it still shows Amount and Rounds: ~0 DASH / 2 Rounds. Am I doing something wrong?

Amount and Rounds is not your balance, it is your setup for mixing.
Privatesend balance is what you should check.

Thanks, but that isn't the question. The private send balance is 0.78. But below that it still says
Amount and Rounds: ~0 DASH / 2 Rounds. I'm trying to understand what that means. BTW I just changed the number of mixing rounds, in preferences, to 4, and it now says private send balance is 0. So it must be doing more mixing.

Maybe you should click that INFO button and read PS basics.

Thanks I did, and still having trouble understanding what ~0 DASH / 4 Rounds means. I haven't seen anything other than ~0 DASH / 2 Rounds or ~0 DASH / 4 Rounds on the wallet and can't figure out exactly what it means. Sorry for being stupid but I assume it is important information so trying to understand it.

~0 means that wallet mix your 0.78 Dash, it shows zero because of rounding.
4 means it is doing 4 mixing rounds.

Your earlier setup 2 rounds was already finished, because you said PS balance was 0.78 Dash,
but now you changed rounds to 4 and mixing begins from the half way (2 rounds already mixed).

I see. When the PS balance said 0.78, but the lower blue button said "Stop Mixing", as if it was still mixing, does this mean it was still mixing the final 0.01? (The information text says it goes down to denomination of 0.01).

No, it is paused when its done mixing 100%, but it does not stop itself.
You also can get info and status with your mouse cursor over in the PS area.
You can check your PS balance also from send tab, select Private send and your balance also shows in there.

Thanks this is helping very much. Right now the Overview tab shows
Available: 0.29 DASH -> the Send tab shows approximately this number too when Private Send is unclicked.
Pending: 0.50 DASH
Total: 0.79 DASH

PrivateSend

PrivateSend Balance: 0.25 DASH -> This is the same number shown on the lower right of the Send tab (Balance:) when Private send is clicked.
Amount and Rounds: ~0 DASH / 4 Rounds

Which I think means that right now I can spend 0.25 DASH with private send, and soon I'll be able to spend a total of 0.25 + 0.50 = 0.75 DASH with private send. Is that correct?
And finally, the one thing I'm still having trouble understanding, is what does the ~0 DASH mean when it says ~0 DASH / 4 Rounds? What is 0 and why is that all I ever see?

Okay, so it means that 0.78 Dash has been mixed for 4 rounds. It now shows Available: 0.79 Dash at the top, and under PrivateSend it says PrivateSend Balance: 0.78 Dash.
Thanks for patiently helping me to understand. I agree that not truncating the number would be helpful.

Reactions: AjM
Back