• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Sole Sponsorship of Reality Check with Ben Swann & Ambassador

Ben is the best newsman in the biz hands down. I have been following him for almost a decade going all the way back to the Ron Paul campaign days.

As far as being controversial I really don't think that is the case, well maybe a little bit but that is good. I was just telling Mark and Joel in our weekly meeting that a little controversy is good and that we should embrace it. Without the instamine controversy and all the trolls that came with it Dash would not be where we are today.

You have my votes!

Ben is the best newsman in the biz hands down. I have been following him for almost a decade going all the way back to the Ron Paul campaign days.

As far as being controversial I really don't think that is the case, well maybe a little bit but that is good. I was just telling Mark and Joel in our weekly meeting that a little controversy is good and that we should embrace it. Without the instamine controversy and all the trolls that came with it Dash would not be where we are today.

You have my votes!

Thank you for the kind words and your continuing support!

Thank you to both of you!

SO HAPPY to see you're ok after being MIA for a while Ben.

I encourage DASH MNOs to do this. Not only for the promotional value and media exposure... but this will catch national and possibly international attention having a crypto DAO sponsor an independant news show. This will be the start of how crypto disrupts media.

Amazing!!! This is one of the people who inspired me since 2013 to be in crypto. You have been so missed, Ben, and I am beyond happy to see you here and can't imagine anything more awesome than to see this happen!!

Thank you!

SO HAPPY to see you're ok after being MIA for a while Ben.

I encourage DASH MNOs to do this. Not only for the promotional value and media exposure... but this will catch national and possibly international attention having a crypto DAO sponsor an independant news show. This will be the start of how crypto disrupts media.

Appreciate the support! Thank you.

8 days left for voting you could probably make it in this budget cycle we have an extra 5k dash.

Thank you for the advice and support.

Hey Ben are you going to go for this cycle or next? I think a lot of folks would love to see the submission this cycle.

I personally am against this proposal. I encourage MNOs to go read up on Ben Swann and the types of reporting that he does. The man pushes the narrative that vaccines cause autism, Pizzagate, as well as tries to muddy the water whether Syria used chemical weapons in the ongoing civil war.

While I don't doubt this sponsorship would bring attention and increased name recognition to Dash, I think that we should avoid controversial figures like Ben Swann.

Edit: To be clear this is not trolling (since someone feels the need to label it as such since they disagree), but genuine concern. I would like to reiterate for MNOs to just go look him up yourself and come to your own conclusions as to whether you want the network associated with him.

Personally, I generally have a favorable view of Ben Swann, but I agree that this is a possible issue. Some of the things Swann has reported on have been extremely controversial -- I don't think we should gloss over or under-represent this. A sponsorship deal may be seen as an endorsement of anything that Ben Swann reports. The objection here is similar to what we saw come up with partnering with Max Keiser and RT, but this one is more directly impactful as the GAP is a much more lighthearted show. At this point I would be likely to support this proposal, but I'd like to hear more from the other side.

Yes he has reported on perhaps the most controversial topics. But this is also why he is internationally recognized and has such a loyal fanbase. People turn to him to be informed in a way the mainstream media will not.

It's not like he's Alex Jones. I would vote NO on Alex Jones. But Ben does quality reporting.

Dash is the FREEDOM MACHINE!!!
Ben is an investigative journalist juggernaut with a totally new open-minded truthseeking fanbase!
If the world is to be truly free we need truly free journalism to expose the corrupt media and their corrupt oligarch overlords!

The only chance for truly independent uncensored journalism is to be sponsored by an uncensorable DAO!

This is the paradigm shift that the world needs to learn about how they are being snookered and how they can take back their freedom!

This is an obvious yes. Let's literally bring back truth in media!!!!

TO THE MOON!!!

Dash is the FREEDOM MACHINE!!!
Ben is an investigative journalist juggernaut with a totally new open-minded truthseeking fanbase!
If the world is to be truly free we need truly free journalism to expose the corrupt media and their corrupt oligarch overlords!

The only chance for truly independent uncensored journalism is to be sponsored by an uncensorable DAO!

This is the paradigm shift that the world needs to learn about how they are being snookered and how they can take back their freedom!

This is an obvious yes. Let's literally bring back truth in media!!!!

TO THE MOON!!!
You get it

I don't see an issue while reporting is factually based and not biased. That is the whole point.

Ben the only thing I would suggest is to use an escrow service like GreenCandle.io
This is a sizable sum and the masternode owners like to have some protection against the worst case scenario.
You can DM @coingun and he will do the proposal process for you.

Last edited:
Personally, I generally have a favorable view of Ben Swann, but I agree that this is a possible issue. Some of the things Swann has reported on have been extremely controversial -- I don't think we should gloss over or under-represent this. A sponsorship deal may be seen as an endorsement of anything that Ben Swann reports. The objection here is similar to what we saw come up with partnering with Max Keiser and RT, but this one is more directly impactful as the GAP is a much more lighthearted show. At this point I would be likely to support this proposal, but I'd like to hear more from the other side.
I don't see an issue while reporting is factually based and not biased. That is the whole point.
Well that is the problem I personally see with this. There is absolutely no reason to believe vaccines lead to autism, and that assertion actively hurts those who are vulnerable in our society.

Muddying the water as to whether the Syrian government used chemical weapons on its own people actively hurts the Syrian population by providing ammo for pro-syrian propaganda perpetuated by powers who benefit for their ally to stay in power.

Both of those things can be easily proven false with very little effort yet they are still perpetuated by Mr. Swann and his team.

And don't even get me started on him perpetuating pizzagate and having a hand in causing a mentally unstable taking a fantasy far enough to charge into a pizza store with a gun.

I didn't have these same onjections to the GAP proposal because it's makes sense for a Cryptocurrency commentator to be involved with Dash.

By sponsoring this show we associate ourselves with very polarizing views that don't always hold up to scrutiny.

Thats our job to make possible a different point of view about those issues. Ben have a large viewership because he ask those questions that nobody else dare to ask. How can you defend a project who disturb the legacy and central banking, governements, crony capitalism when you cant accept a different point of view?

Back