• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, flare, testing the windows wallet now. And will send you one drkBeer. :)
Edit: Ack.. I forgot to put in the .02 fee, only .98 was sent. Sorry about that, but i guess it will be enough for one beer... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there going to be any kind of formal timetable for some of the suggested testing, eg:

1800 GMT Mon - everyone please restart your clients with -usemasternode:crash.test.masternode.IP
2100 GMT Mon - everyone please bring a legacy main-net client onto testnet and try to use it to send coins about

..etc...?

Is there going to be any kind of formal timetable for some of the suggested testing, eg:

1800 GMT Mon - everyone please restart your clients with -usemasternode:crash.test.masternode.IP
2100 GMT Mon - everyone please bring a legacy main-net client onto testnet and try to use it to send coins about

..etc...?
Yeah, we should have one indeed. Need to negotiate with Evan first what we want to see in testnet, and then i will draft something up.

Couple things about the latest wallet:
1) After sending funds between two wallets a couple of times I got hit by a collateral fee during denomination. Running on Win 8 x64.The other wallet is on a different machine using Win 7 x64 (on the same internet connection) and it denominated fine -- so I doubt it was the internet dropping out.
image.png

2) In coin control some of my coins are listed as "locked" and are stuck on one round of Darksend. I have waited about a hour after the rest of the coin have been anonymized and the "locked" status is unchanged. Any idea what might be going on here?

image.png

I think the coins being locked for a while thing is just the masternode waiting for compatible pool inputs, but I could be wrong. If so it should be less of an issue on main-net with many more users.

using flare's latest windows 32bit CI v0.10.12.18

Started with new wallet, set shortcut with flag -darksendrounds=4, made 5x1000 faucet transactions to new wallet.
Got 17x Darksend Denominates and the inputs show Darksend Rounds from 4 till 7
Why do i get so many Darksend Denominates and why dont the Darksend rounds stop at 4 ?
Does that -darksendrounds in the shortcut work properly this way ?
btw : no collateral fees and everything was finished in about a hour

Edit 1:

Overview shows :

Total balance : 4999.981 DRK
Anonymized : 4499.00000042 DRK

Send button shows following darkSend msg's :

darkSend status => entries 1/2
darkSend status => waiting for more entries 1/2
darkSend Status => idle
darkSend Status => ERROR, not compatable with existing transactions

So it still needs to Anonymize 500 DRK but cant seem to find enough entries to fill it. Been some two hours after last denomination.

Edit 2 :

After 5 hours i decided to bring in another 1000 drk from the faucet. After the transaction was confirmed i immediately received a collateral fee of 0.026 drk.
I sent an email with wallet and debug.log to Evan in case he needs it ..

Edit 3 : the 5000 DRK per wallet limit might have something to do with the collateral fee...

5D5RFQ5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Win wallet v.18... I started a fresh wallet with 0 drk. Got 3000 tdrk from the faucet. Then got 6 denominates, I guess 2 for each 1000 tdrk. Here's what my wallet looks like after some spending and receiving tdrk. Also, got one collateral fee. And the coin control screen shows (7 locked). Hope someone can look at this and see if this is normal:
upload_2014-8-9_16-5-47.png

Win wallet v.18... I started a fresh wallet with 0 drk. Got 3000 tdrk from the faucet. Then got 6 denominates, I guess 2 for each 1000 tdrk. Here's what my wallet looks like after some spending and receiving tdrk. Also, got one collateral fee. And the coin control screen shows (7 locked). Hope someone can look at this and see if this is normal:
View attachment 326
I got a collateral payment earlier on. But i figured out why.

I would send a payment and leave the computer for about 30mins so it can go through the process. Once i return the computer is sleeping, i move the mouse and there you go, a collateral payment appears.

This maybe your problem.

I would send a payment and leave the computer for about 30mins so it can go through the process. Once i return the computer is sleeping, i move the mouse and there you go, a collateral payment appears.

This maybe your problem.

This is good stuff to know.
One of the first things I always do with my computers is turn off the Sleep and screen savers - still, good info here

This maybe your problem.
Hm... You're probably right, but who would keep staring at the wallet screen the whole time... Also, there will be internet interruptions and computer crashing during transactions in the real world so I hope collateral fees will be taken into consideration in these situations.

I'm posting another screen that I don't understand. My wallet has enough to send 1833 tdrk using "Non-anonymous funds" but it says otherwise. And the coin control screens says (18 locked). Not sure if it's going to anonymize more coins? The anonymization sometimes takes very slow to happen.
upload_2014-8-9_19-10-5.png

I'm posting another screen that I don't understand. My wallet has enough to send 1833 tdrk using "Non-anonymous funds" but it says otherwise. And the coin control screens says (18 locked). Not sure if it's going to anonymize more coins? The anonymization sometimes takes very slow to happen.
View attachment 328
Some of the 1800 you are trying to send are probably locked because they have begun the DS+ process, as shown in the darksend status thingy, and are waiting for compatible pool entries.

thelonecrouton: Ok here's my new screen. DS status: Idle, and only (4 locked) on the coin control screen, still can't send the coins thru "non-anonymous funds".
upload_2014-8-9_19-45-54.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-9_19-44-34.png
    upload_2014-8-9_19-44-34.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 87
OK.. Now a DS denominate just popped up, coin control screen showed (18 locked) and now 970.99900013 DRK unconfirmed. SO, yes DS was waiting for entries to anonymize these coins like you said.
But it shouldn't have said "Idle" the next minute though.

On a rare occasion when DS Status said "Idle", I was able to send 20 tdrk using the Non-Anonymous Funds. But most of the time when the status says "Idle" it still won't let you use the available non-denominated funds, nor will it let you use it as anonymous funds either. The wallet seems to be seeking to anonymize almost all of the amount of money but it keeps taking breaks in between and takes a long time.

An issue/bug has been found - we are reviewing it now
Moli will post it here shortly

I got hit with a Collateral Fee for no apparent reason today.
I did nothing to cause it - as far as I know

Thank you, flare, testing the windows wallet now. And will send you one drkBeer. :)
Edit: Ack.. I forgot to put in the .02 fee, only .98 was sent. Sorry about that, but i guess it will be enough for one beer... :)
shouldn't the fee come out of your balance instead of what you're sending? I mean, people will be sending payments and then it won't be the amount they expected that is sent. It's best for that to be automatic, no? I mean, what your intend to send should be what is sent... know what I mean?

This maybe your problem.
Oh wow, we'll have to notify people to turn sleep off when denominating. We're going to have to make a list of things one should do before denominating....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back