• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Evan Duffield is throwing away hundreds of thousands of dollars every month

The founder ED is rumored to have 100,000 dash, but he publicly claims to have no masternodes. He could have 100 masternodes generating >$6,000 each in superblock rewards at current exchange prices. If this is correct, he's just pissing away over half a million dollars every month. Am I wrong about this?

Not everyone is driven by money alone. Some people, when they get to a certain level of wealth, they start being very philanthropic. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's giving away money to help kickstart various crypto related initiatives.

I think, part of the reason why Evan has done this is because he does not want the impression given that he can influence the outcomes of the proposal voting every month.

Just think about it, with the Whale like power of 100 votes (or possibly 250 votes) he could be accused of corruption and voting in favour of proposals made by his friends etc etc.

Evan is a good person, and I agree with the previous comment above.

Nothing requires a MNO to vote. He could just collect the Dash and pay for security so he doesn't get kidnapped and held for ransom (payable via privatesend) by Mexican drug gangs all over Arizona (and known for kidnapping).

Evan and Ryan are running a 7 billion dollar organization now. Amateur hour is over.

Last edited:
Nothing requires a MNO to vote. He could just collect the Dash and pay for security so he doesn't get kidnapped and held for ransom (payable via privatesend) by Mexican drug gangs all over Arizona (and known for kidnapping).

Evan and Ryan are running a 7 billion dollar organization now. Amateur hour is over.

what are u talking about ?
where is this thread supposed to go ?
(i am losing my patience here)

Evan and Ryan are rich which makes them targets. If anything happens to them because they haven't taken adequate security precautions, then our investment goes up in smoke.

Thanks. that's good to know. BTW, why is every HR officer a woman? Is it some talisman to ward off the diversity police?

Last edited:
Evan cares more about the DASH project than his personal enrichment. Therefore he does everything possible to counter the argument of potential manipulation or centralization.

Evan has more than 100,000 DASH. At one time he has had about 268,000 DASH. It is correct that he has ZERO Master NODES. It is also true that his main motivation is NOT money. And he is extremely philanthropic. He has given a large amount of coin away to Family and life long friends. He is TRULEY a wonderful an generous person whom cares deeply about the DASH NATION. I know all this to be true because I am his father. #Ev's Dad

I think the same as you. When I figured out who Satoshi was/is I offered protection. ...he went into hiding.

He could have 100 masternodes generating >$6,000 each in superblock rewards at current exchange prices. If this is correct, he's just pissing away over half a million dollars every month. Am I wrong about this?
If you only knew how many MaserNodes I'm not running due to predatory regulatory fraud from the Fedcoats...

Not only is "compliance" as impossible and whimsical as tasting the number purple (therefore no matter what you do you're non-compliant), it's intended to kill legitimate projects and promote Ponzi/Tulip nonsense in the hopes that this dynamic will kill cryptocurrency.

I'm throwing away a lot more than that because there's no way to hide it, and no way to comply with the gibberish nonsense regulations. It's a guaranteed life sentence, and that's the whole point why it was made; run MasterNodes, go to prison.

He could run masternodes without voting, but that would lower the monthly rewards for all the other MNOs, which I believe was done for a while to fund Dash Labs, but ED obviously doesn't need the extra money.

Back