• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

what exactly is IOTA partnership about , why cant we do it ?

Dashmaximalist

IOTA has apparently partnered with microsoft and samsung and its price surged by 500% in the last week or so , can some one explain what this partnership involves ? and more importantly is dash capable of doing this ?

if so we need to really try getting into the partnership as well

Anything MicroShaft touches is shit in my book... I have yet to see them do anything that isn't complete garbage. They've essentially become the deliberately dysfunctional branch of government tech spying... Their stuff is busted on purpose, and it's presented as a feature, not a failure...

Their Tangle bit sounds interesting, but I don't know much about it. I've always said that blochchains can't live in perpetuity. There's got to be a better way...

I'd like to look at it more, but I downloaded Iota's Linux client and Android mobile wallet; neither of them function.

So, yeah...

DASH goes well out of it's way to be trustless. This would be lost if such a partnership were developed. Remaining trustless is perhaps one of only a few of DASH's core principles that has not been corrupted by cryptotard ponzi desires...

I consider any such partnership to be undesirable regardless of any pump/hype result. I'm not here for the ponzi.

Last edited:
Anything MicroShaft touches is shit in my book... I have yet to see them do anything that isn't complete garbage. They've essentially become the deliberately dysfunctional branch of government tech spying... Their stuff is busted on purpose, and it's presented as a feature, not a failure...

Their Tangle bit sounds interesting, but I don't know much about it. I've always said that blochchains can't live in perpetuity. There's got to be a better way...

I'd like to look at it more, but I downloaded Iota's Linux client and Android mobile wallet; neither of them function.

So, yeah...

IOTA looks like a massive pump and dump scam

So, yeah...

DASH goes well out of it's way to be trustless. This would be lost if such a partnership were developed. Remaining trustless is perhaps one of only a few of DASH's core principles that has not been corrupted by cryptotard ponzi desires...

I consider any such partnership to be undesirable regardless of any pump/hype result. I'm not here for the ponzi.
neverthless i would like to more about IOTA and microsoft partnership and the fact that dash couldn't do it

That kind of partnership would seriously limit potential adoption imo. No company or brand can ever reach 100%, they grow above a certain size and folks seek an alternative. It's just something in us that doesn't like monopolies and the same would apply to anything a company touches, if html was an MS product then we'd have at least one common alternative to it and it would be the same for an internet of value. ETH has already shot its self in the foot with that imo, its partnerships mean some will seek an alternative even if its the perfect tool for the job, just like some use Apple and wouldn't touch an MS product even if it makes things some things more difficult for them.

That kind of partnership would seriously limit potential adoption imo. No company or brand can ever reach 100%, they grow above a certain size and folks seek an alternative. It's just something in us that doesn't like monopolies and the same would apply to anything a company touches, if html was an MS product then we'd have at least one common alternative to it and it would be the same for an internet of value. ETH has already shot its self in the foot with that imo, its partnerships mean some will seek an alternative even if its the perfect tool for the job, just like some use Apple and wouldn't touch an MS product even if it makes things some things more difficult for them.

fair enough , but i am looking for technical details if any

fair enough , but i am looking for technical details if any
Had a look at tangles a few years back when the concept was announced and it made more sense than blockchains but I'm still dubious. Scaling for example, IoT potentially means billions of transactions a second and that means a hell of a lot of data to store regardless of whether it's in a chain or a tangle. Tangles may have the option of data subsets, strands of transactions that only need to know about the transactions below them but then you're in the same kind of situation as lightning to get off that strand, you need to go through a major hub. Distributed storage on incentivised hardware is the best option I've seen so far for handling such massive amounts of data but would love to see a cleaner solution, I doubt many care about keeping their transaction history indefinitely and expecting folks to store it for free isn't viable.

microsoft partnership and the fact that dash couldn't do it
Smells like troll...

If I don't cut my dick off and throw it in the garbage, no amount of feminazi insinuation that I'm too weak, or not man enough, is going to goad me into doing it...

The "problem" is not a lack of ability, but a lack of interest. There's nothing that Microsoft or Samsung can do for DASH. They bring nothing to the table. So, why? What reason would DASH have for thinking about them or approaching them, or, anything at all?

If you want to ponzi, you're in the wrong coin. DASH doesn't ponzi.

An alternative to blockchain-infinity is interesting...

Smells like troll...

If I don't cut my dick off and throw it in the garbage, no amount of feminazi insinuation that I'm too weak, or not man enough, is going to goad me into doing it...

The "problem" is not a lack of ability, but a lack of interest. There's nothing that Microsoft or Samsung can do for DASH. They bring nothing to the table. So, why? What reason would DASH have for thinking about them or approaching them, or, anything at all?

If you want to ponzi, you're in the wrong coin. DASH doesn't ponzi.

i dont want a ponzi but i do want market cap and the increased budget that comes with it

A long time ago, MS, in their infinite wisdom, modified mp3's so that programs could be executed mid-stream. Invariably leading to viruses, weakened OS etc. That there is just one of many examples, how everything they touch turns to shit.

Back