• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: DASHing Entertainment Talent Hunt in India (draft 1.0)

Would you fund this proposal?

• Yes

• No

• I need more information

Results are only viewable after voting.

sawacent

DASHing Talent Hunt project will be an All India road trip, conducting talent hunt events in approx 50 cities (including Metro and Tier-1/2 cities) in India promoting Dash as a Digital Currency and innovative method of payment.

Based on our experience of past All India Road Trips in which we promoted Digital Skills throughout India for 60 days (10,000 KMs). This DASHing Talent Hunt can reach millions of people throughout the country.

The Plan

Approx 50 cities will be covered, including all Metro and Tier-1/2 towns, where the audience is already aware of what Cryptocurrencies are and their related terminologies.

Our idea is to go to the cities and outreach local talent there who can entertain by any means ie Singing, Standup Comedy, Mimicry, Playing musical instruments, Dance or other activity. We will film them, do FB lives, and upload video content on Social media platform to make them viral.

We will give prizes to the best entertainers based on their performance. We will distribute Dash as prize money and train all them about Dash.

It’s a known fact that Indian love consuming entertainment content. This is why we have picked entertainment as the prime theme over any other.

Our team would include one Project Leader, two film-makers, one Social Media Manager, one Content Curator, one Program anchor (Entertainment Jockey) and one Helper. This team of 7 people will travel all over India and we will pick 1-2 entertainers/hosts from local city and they also will travel with us for few hundred KMs as per their geographical region.

We will hire a mini-bus for this and make it complete brandable for Dash.

Experienced travel managers will be onboard, handling everything related to travel as doing such a big road trip in India is challenging and requires skills in multiple domains.

How will it help Dash?

• Branded Mini-bus will travel approx. 10,000 KMs via highways and city roads. This will give a good public awareness at a different level.

• We will be promoting our road trip via social media platform, and build a community, do live programs etc. On every promotional material, there will be Dash branding.

• We will be talking to people at ground level, this will give a sense of brand trust and attachment for Dash.

• We will be posting all performance videos online on the social platform for virality. All videos will have Dash branding.

• We will do online and offline promotion for pre and post event Dash activities.

Combining all modes of promotion mentioned above will give a huge brand-awareness and outreach for Dash brand.

Initial Itinerary

New Delhi - Agra - Kanpur - Lucknow - Allahabad - Varanasi - Patna - Durgapur - Kolkata - Jamshedpur - Ranchi - Sambalpur - Bhubhaneshwar - Vijaywada - Vizag - Hyderabad - Bangalore - Chennai - Coimbatore - Kochi - Kozhikode - Mysuru - Mangaluru - Goa - Belagavi - Pune - Mumbai - Nasik - Nagpur - Bhopal - Indore - Surat - Vadodra - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Jodhpur - Bikaner - Jaipur - Ludhiana - Chandigarh - Amritsar - Jalandhar - Dharamshala - Shimla - Dehradun.

• Approx 50 cities

• It should take about 2 months (1 Week planning, 6 Weeks Travel, and 1 Week post-trip work)

• Distance should range between 10,000 KMs.
We will use following terms, that will again act as a Brand recall and awareness.
  • DASHing Talent Hunt

• DASHing Entertainer

• DASHing Performer

• Dash Prize

• Dash Party

• Dash Fan

• Dash Truck/Bus
These were the objective and methods to make DASHing Talent Hunt road trip a success. Now, let’s talk about the resources and budget required.

Mini-Bus Cost

$4000 Fuel(for 10000 KMs)

$11000 Rent (2 Months) including Dash Branding

$5000 State Road Tax,Permits,Tolls

$2000 Driver (2 months)

Team Members

Onsite Team :
  • One Travel Leader and Manager

• Two Film-makers

• One Online Promotion Manager

• One Program Anchor

• One Content Curator

• One Helper

• Two Entertainers from every city
Offsite Team :
  • Video Editors

• Event Coordinators

• General Coordinators
Remuneration and Incentives

For the Team (7 Core Onsite Team + Local Team + Local Entertainers + Offsite Team) - $65000

Cost for having local and national celebrities in few events - $20000

Hotel, Food, and Beverages

Total for 2 Months for 7 core member - $12000

Food and Beverages for guests/host etc. $7000

Events
Cost of one event, including setup and event management average price - $2500

Prize Money for 1 event : First Prize $310 (1), Second Price $155 (2), Third Prize $77 each (5), Consolation price $15 (10) each - Total $1155

Total 50 Event cost - $125000

Total 50 Prize cost - $57750

Equipments Required

MacBook Pros, Softwares/Tools, DSLR Cameras, Action Cameras, Storage Drives, Memory Cards, Sound/Voice Recorders, Tripods, Gimbals, Data Packs (Internet), etc.

Total Cost of Consumable and Equipment - $15000

Advertising Cost (Online + Offline) - $25000

Promotional gifts, flyers, banners, stickers which will showcase Dash brand cost. - $7000

Expected Trip Cost - $3,55,750

Thank you for your time. Kindly suggest any ways to improve the plan and make DASH a known brand in India.

hi guys

i am in touch with Jay ( @sawacent ) and he's a popular entertainment professional with great network across India.

Jay your proposal looks great , however since you are asking a big chunk of money -$350K , it would be a great if you can provide further details of your company , past performance and any potential partnerships that are possible ( as in any other co-sponsors along with dash ) , also additional details on no of total people who would attend your events and how many wallets that will be downloaded etc

hi guys

i am in touch with Jay ( @sawacent ) and he's a popular entertainment professional with great network across India.

Jay your proposal looks great , however since you are asking a big chunk of money -$350K , it would be a great if you can provide further details of your company , past performance and any potential partnerships that are possible ( as in any other co-sponsors along with dash ) , also additional details on no of total people who would attend your events and how many wallets that will be downloaded etc

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for introducing me here.

I am Jay, founder of Startup Cafe Academy and DomainKhan. I am an active investor in cryptocurrencies and domain names. I have 20 years of experience in IT industry. My area of businesses are well diverse but united with one thread, Internet. I run multiple ventures like Domain Name Investment, Telephonic Language Training, Software Product Development, E-commerce, Semi-Precious Stones, Legal Aid Services, Publishing Text & Videos online and Internet Governance.

I started a revolutionary journey by the name of All India Digital Skill Mission where I and my team travelled hole India (20000 Kms, 60 Days) to raise the awareness of digital literacy. We did more than 100 meetups, seminars, workshops en route for digital awareness.

I have travelled to all the states and UTs of India and have a good knowledge about in and out of this huge country. I have been part of total three All India Road Trips, with multiple brands in India. My last trip was sponsored by a Russian mobile brand. I have conducted and have been part of hundreds of workshops and events in and around the country.

I'm aware of this fact that nothing other than Entertainment is loved by people of India. That's why I picked Entertainment as the prime niche for this project with Dash.

About the possibilities of any co-sponsors with Dash - We are not taking any co-sponsors in this project as it will be fully dedicated to Dash. It will help us keep our prime focus on promoting the Dash.

About Wallet downloads - We are expecting Wallet Downloads of Few Thousand but exact number cannot be predicted as this idea has potential to achieve a better number.

For example, in a particular event, there will be, at least, 100 people around as we will be doing the events in happening place of the town.

There will be like at least, dozens of people doing live stream on Facebook, about most of them taking selfies with our team, and talking about the event on social platforms. So, a single event has the potential to reach thousands of people together via online and offline modes.

This is just to give you an idea about the potential reach Dash brand can get from this project. If I say the number myself, I'm looking at a reach in millions.

Looks like a total amateur, otherwise, why would they ask for...

MacBook Pros, Softwares/Tools, DSLR Cameras, Action Cameras, Storage Drives, Memory Cards, Sound/Voice Recorders, Tripods, Gimbals, Data Packs (Internet), etc.

Looks like a total amateur, otherwise, why would they ask for...

Hi,

Do you see any other way a journey this big can be documented without these tools?

And "dash" should not be in the title of the contest / show because it should have a mainstream look and feel It can however, have "dash" in the strap line.
Hi,

Do you see any other way a journey this big can be documented without these tools?

Of course not, but I would expect that you already have people competent in their trade.

And "dash" should not be in the title of the contest / show because it should have a mainstream look and feel It can however, have "dash" in the strap line.

Of course not, but I would expect that you already have people competent in their trade.

We have done one similar road trip in January this year which included a dedicated photographer, videographer, and they both had their gadgets. As that 60 days, long journey proceeded, the two talented people are not able to deliver the work because of lack of modern hardware and required software. It did affect our work as videos and pictures were not shared on social platforms. But that trip was very different than this as that was for spreading Educational Content throughout the country and we've picked Entertainment for Dash project.

In the case of Education, not having regular visual content didn't affect our journey that much but I don't it will be the same in case of Entertainment. I myself have done long journeys in past and have been part of three such long journeys. Traveling a country like India for about 2 months continuously is a challenging task as food, water, and people change in every next state. It takes a toll.

So, if the team is not having the modern gadgets available, then it will affect the overall work. In order to make this project a success, I don't plan on taking those chances.

To cover 50 events in 2 months period, we need to travel 300+ KMs per day, arrange an event, make it happen, record it, edit it, and put it live on Social Media platforms as soon as possible. Next day, we need to repeat the same. I hope it gives you an idea of how challenging it is and why we don't want to take any chances.

And this all is coming from our past experiences. This isn't our first attempt.

We have done one similar road trip in January this year which included a dedicated photographer, videographer, and they both had their gadgets. As that 60 days, long journey proceeded, the two talented people are not able to deliver the work because of lack of modern hardware and required software. It did affect our work as videos and pictures were not shared on social platforms. But that trip was very different than this as that was for spreading Educational Content throughout the country and we've picked Entertainment for Dash project.

In the case of Education, not having regular visual content didn't affect our journey that much but I don't it will be the same in case of Entertainment. I myself have done long journeys in past and have been part of three such long journeys. Traveling a country like India for about 2 months continuously is a challenging task as food, water, and people change in every next state. It takes a toll.

So, if the team is not having the modern gadgets available, then it will affect the overall work. In order to make this project a success, I don't plan on taking those chances.

To cover 50 events in 2 months period, we need to travel 300+ KMs per day, arrange an event, make it happen, record it, edit it, and put it live on Social Media platforms as soon as possible. Next day, we need to repeat the same. I hope it gives you an idea of how challenging it is and why we don't want to take any chances.

And this all is coming from our past experiences. This isn't our first attempt.
do you have any content ( vides , sites etc ) that you produced in the past ?

do you have any content ( vides , sites etc ) that you produced in the past ?

Few of the videos are live on the page of our road trip here - https://www.facebook.com/allindiadigitalskillmission/

(Check Video and Picture section on the page)

These were recorded using entry-level cameras and edited while travelling and conducting a 4-hour educational workshop in colleges and at least one road side workshop to educate countrymen.

Few of the videos are live on the page of our road trip here - https://www.facebook.com/allindiadigitalskillmission/

(Check Video and Picture section on the page)

These were recorded using entry-level cameras and edited while travelling and conducting a 4-hour educational workshop in colleges and at least one road side workshop to educate countrymen.
the facebook page is really good , have you got any coverage on news papers ???

the facebook page is really good , have you got any coverage on news papers ???

Thank you. Yes, the whole journey and our workshops were printed in multiple leading national and local newspapers. We're invited to Radio Shows and for an exclusive interview on TV show too.

You can find few of the coverages here - http://genlish.org/media-coverage/

As this was an educational self-funded trip, aimed towards the development of our nation, we didn't ask any of the media agencies to cover these all. But, they still covered it all.

Due to continuous travel and hectic schedule, we couldn't save a lot of the newspaper sightings.

Thank you. Yes, the whole journey and our workshops were printed in multiple leading national and local newspapers. We're invited to Radio Shows and for an exclusive interview on TV show too.

You can find few of the coverages here - http://genlish.org/media-coverage/

As this was an educational self-funded trip, aimed towards the development of our nation, we didn't ask any of the media agencies to cover these all. But, they still covered it all.

Due to continuous travel and hectic schedule, we couldn't save a lot of the newspaper sightings.

sounds good, frankly it's a yes from me :)

there is a company called https://greencandle.io/ which does the escrow service for projects of this size , i suggest you get in touch with them ....

Back