• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Paying merchants to accept Dash

How much should we pay for each merchant accepting and advertising DASH?

• 0 (we should not do it now)

• 1$

• 10$

• 100$

• 1000$

Results are only viewable after voting.
Millions of people use Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Monero every day. None of those coins had to "wait a decade" for the public to be aware of them.

You are just trying to rationalize paying merchants bribes to use Dash. Stop it, or at least do a better job than resorting to just making shit up.

Rambling about Android does nothing to demonstrate why Dash should resort to paying for merchant adoption like a pitiful john pays a prostitute for (begrudging, conditional, temporary) acceptance.

Dash needs merchants to really like it, just like guys need women to really like them so they don't have to pay hookers for a fake version of real attraction.

The big difference between those coins and dash is , dash can afford to pay merchants unlike others ( coz of treasury ) , now should we pay them directly , i would probably say no ..

we need to do enough research to come up with all the alternatives and a proper structure in plan. like lets say sponsoring music fests or so to begin with..

I think it is a good idea, if someone had the determination to follow-up and make sure that only complying businesses were sent each next payment.

Guys stop putting nonsense here. Do you really think you can fairly distribute DASH to merchant world wide?

It will create more chaos than good.

We just have to keep improve our product so that it will be competitive medium of exchange.

and grow awareness among merchant around the globe

Do you really think you can fairly distribute DASH to merchant world wide?
Worldwide ? Like any new idea, it must starts locally to see how it goes and to gain experience. You also need the people to do it. So I don't think that initiative would be worldwide at all at the beginning.

It will create more chaos than good.
Do you have any argument/proof of that ?

We just have to keep improve our product so that it will be competitive medium of exchange.
What prevent us from doing both ?

and grow awareness among merchant around the globe
What is your solution to do so ?

How will you ethically explain to anyone that we give dash to certain merchant?

And how will you know the dash given out to the merchant won't be cashed out for their pocket?

the rest of the questions are just so disrespectful.

the rest of the questions are just so disrespectful.
You ask us "stop putting nonsense here" and my questions are disrespectful ?

Plus, honestly, I really dont see how asking you to provide some proofs or argument to some claims such as "it will create more chaos than good" is disrespectful.

I am trying to have a debate, but it fills more like you are interviewing us/me, asking questions but not answering others, and I don't really like that I have to say. But, as there is still a million reason that it could be a misunderstood between us, I'll give it a last try :) and answer your question (I really would appreciate you would return the favour)

How will you ethically explain to anyone that we give dash to certain merchant?
By putting up a logo Dash on his door and accepting Dash, the merchant is bringing a valuable service to Dash network so he could be payed for that. As is anyone getting money from the Treasury when putting up a proposal to increase Dash's network value. You do something that increase the value, you get paid.

And if you mean the difference between new merchnats getting paid as compared to already existing merchants not getting paid, there are various solutions. Like any company, terms can be set for a service/promotion : XX$ given for any new subscription from (date) to (date). Or they could simply receive the same amount as would the knew, because they too provide a valuable service to the network (more in favour of the latter).

Of course, those conditions would be temporary. At some point, Dash network would not have to pay them anymore. Why ? Because belonging to our network will be more profitable than not to. So they will just do it. Today they don't because of the opposite reason : it will cost them time, money, risks, etc. It only comes down to that to me. Benefit vs avantage.

I already made my self clear why it would create more chaos than good.

Dash has grown too big at this point, won't need same project as if like feathercoin or novacoin might do.

Its impossible to do the project you just describing fairly through out the globe.(unless you miraculously find the

way to do this globally with out using all our budget)

We make wrong move and we can turn off other countries interest.

I already made my self clear why it would create more chaos than good.
Please, it looks like I am the one not saying your clear argument. I have read all your comments from this thread again and I can't see any argument explaining how that would create more chaos than good. Please quote yourself where you have provided some logical claims instead of make shallow statements.

We make wrong move and we can turn off other countries interest.
Once again, care to elaborate ?

As far as I'm concerned I have provided you some. Our product has two side. On one hand, it has to be good and on the other hand it has to be used. Given the fierce competition in this world, those are two very differents things. It is not because your product is good that people will use it. You need some nice strategy to get in the hands of people. That's exactly what we do when we pay for integration on a plateform and when we fund other initiative.

Airbnb is nothing without its users (as in people proposing their house to rent). I heard actually somebody made a website based on blockchain that is an airbnb decentralized. I forgot the name. Why ? Because I went on it, there were 3 to 4 announces so I left.

Core Team is very aware of that and have their own solution that is called Evolution and will be marketplace. Their strategy is, instead of getting every merchants integrating Dash individually, let's just set them up an account to Dash Evolution marketplace. Like that they just have to connect there to reach customers they would have not otherwised.

As far as online shopping is concerned, the more payment choices on a website you have, the less click through rate you have (as explained by Ryan Taylor during the london conference). So an online merchant accepting Dash is actually sell less ! And this has nothing to do with Dash.

As long as you don't have evolution, you have to propose something to the merchants to balance the time, cost, and sell opportunities he will lost. If you can't understand that the majority of merchants will integrate Dash only if it bring them ROI, and that this will happen only if there is enough of a big network, we won't understand each other.

Besides, Evolution does not solve the brick and mortar side of the equation. And, anyways, even though I find Core Team solution awesome, I believe that any new initiative like this one, furthermore when we got that unused budget, is just good for the network. It it not incompatible with Core Team plus by setting up new initiative by new people you further decentralized the power in the network.

Its impossible to do the project you just describing fairly through out the globe.(unless you miraculously find the

way to do this globally with out using all our budget)

This project would start locally. Like any Dash initiative. Then you scale up. Does not have to be global from the get go. And so it wont use all the budget. Beside, my proposition was to use what is left of the budget every month so....

Start locally? Dash is in all major exchanges.

and one of the biggest crypto currency.

If you we decide to give it away to merchant, it has to be done fairly around the globe.(I don't have

the answer and I am not proposing idea of distribution, mining and exchanges does

more efficiently than anyone can)

right now 40% of the dash trade volume is in asia, and correct me if I am wrong.

if we give out dash locally they won't be happy. It will have to be

out of your own pocket not to upset stake holders including me.

If you don't believe me put it on the proposal to see it your self.

if you don't see the logical explanation, then know that everyone here

understood my point. Its just you keep asking me to provide "proof why it will

bring more chaos."

I think i´ts better to give the people (consumers) some Dash and then they pay products and services to merchants that accept them. That´s going be done in Caracas Venezuela, next 16th december 2017, people will receive 10$ in Dash and can spend them in any merchant of the fair, who will be receiving dash as payment method for their products and services.

Hope for your opinions.

I think i´ts better to give the people (consumers) some Dash and then they pay products and services to merchants that accept them. That´s going be done in Caracas Venezuela, next 16th december 2017, people will receive 10$ in Dash and can spend them in any merchant of the fair, who will be receiving dash as payment method for their products and services.

Hope for your opinions.

I like this idea and fully support any initiative that gets people creating dash wallets and spending dash. Yes, we will want to make a huge push after evolution, but we need to be doing it now too.

No I wouldn't give merchants money for accepting Dash yet. This is a slow process and you are not going to change consumers buying habit or merchants overnight. Get consumers interested. Give them a wallet so they understand the tech first. Slow and steady

Back