• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Usernames on dashcentral.org

ampp

There is a MNO with the username dashcentral, i think this user needs to be renamed as i don't think he runs dash central. In my opinion he has been writing as if he is a conversational moderator for the site. It is not good to have a MNO that appears with additional validity to the community. This may not be a issue for the older users and MNO's however new people may not understand that dashcentral is not the DAO. It is a interface to the blockchain.

Usernames may be a ongoing issue there if people want to try to impersonate other users.

Good call. Looked into that account previously through to make sure it wasn't rango. The account popped up and started making comments like two months ago and is definitely representing themselves in a disingenuous manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@tungfa

I own that username and I am the one making the comments. Just say the word and I'll change the username to something else.

@tungfa

I own that username and I am the one making the comments. Just say the word and I'll change the username to something else.
I was fairly sure that was you but decided not to call you out. I think its overall better to have the same usernames on the forum and dashcentral to keep things clean.

@tungfa

hey man
tx for stepping up
yes please change username to something else - I am not saying u did any of this (choice of name) as a malicious attack whatever
it is just confusing community
so yes : "word"
(please change) ;)

hey man
tx for stepping up
yes please change username to something else - I am not saying u did any of this (choice of name) as a malicious attack whatever
it is just confusing community
so yes : "word"
(please change) ;)

You're welcome, will do. Can we please use this opportunity to improve how we make decisions? We really need a Masternode Only forum.... we need a better media to allow a decentralized network to quickly discuss between themselves and make decisions. A chat room doesn't cut it, nor does that tiny "discussion" system on dashcentral.org because it doesn't even come close to in terms of features with all we have here in the forum.

It also has a major problem as messages don't follow a chronological order; they are voted up and down. In the case of Acrobatics-Man proposal, most of the comments favoring no are down-voted to oblivion. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with a post, the problem is that it actually hides them way down below 4-5 pages of scroll. You're a reasonable person I'm sure you can spot the problem with this.

Have you spoken with moocowmoo? I already offered to pay out of my own pocket for any plugin we might need to buy.

Thanks again.

You're welcome, will do. Can we please use this opportunity to improve how we make decisions? We really need a Masternode Only forum.... we need a better media to allow a decentralized network to quickly discuss between themselves and make decisions. A chat room doesn't cut it, nor does that tiny "discussion" system on dashcentral.org because it doesn't even come close to in terms of features with all we have here in the forum.

It also has a major problem as messages don't follow a chronological order; they are voted up and down. In the case of Acrobatics-Man proposal, most of the comments favoring no are down-voted to oblivion. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with a post, the problem is that it actually hides them way down below 4-5 pages of scroll. You're a reasonable person I'm sure you can spot the problem with this.

Have you spoken with moocowmoo? I already offered to pay out of my own pocket for any plugin we might need to buy.

Thanks again.

tx for that name change !

yes MNO channel and all
(tricky)
there is the MNO on discord - which is great as it is MNO only
but
that creates other problems I started pointing out yesterday (in channel + to admins)
parallel we have to be careful not to create a "MNO only boys club", I see big dangers in that to the community (split)

so there needs to be a way to:
- (as u said) discuss with MNO's only if needed
- reach MNO's quick and direct Updates / network issues/.... general whatever)

but parallel
keep community in then loop , not alienate them , not separate the community into any groups,.....

I have a think and regroup with the admins and core about this
tx for the ping !

I started pointing out yesterday (in channel + to admins)
We masternode owners also need a channel to communicate between us. This isn't going to create a "MNO only boys club" just the same way we don't have an "Admins only boys club" or "Core only boys club".

but parallel keep community in then loop
Community will be kept in the loop because everyone will be able to read 100% of the content in that forum.

not alienate them
We MNO can also be alienated because we don't have a place to discuss between us.

not separate the community into any groups,
The community is already split (divided) and this is not a bad thing: only masternode can vote, only admins can moderate, only core members can see the private repositories and so on. By creating a forum where only MNO can post but everyone can read, we aren't adding any split that isn't there already.

I have a think and regroup with the admins and core about this
I don't mean to disrespect of offend. Why does such a small thing need to be discussed with Core members and admins? We already have a #MNO-ONLY chatroom on discord, why not create one here on the forum too? Again it will be 100% public to read, I don't understand the reluctance.

We masternode owners also need a channel to communicate between us. This isn't going to create a "MNO only boys club" just the same way we don't have an "Admins only boys club" or "Core only boys club".

Community will be kept in the loop because everyone will be able to read 100% of the content in that forum.

We MNO can also be alienated because we don't have a place to discuss between us.

The community is already split (divided) and this is not a bad thing: only masternode can vote, only admins can moderate, only core members can see the private repositories and so on. By creating a forum where only MNO can post but everyone can read, we aren't adding any split that isn't there already.

I don't mean to disrespect of offend. Why does such a small thing need to be discussed with Core members and admins? We already have a #MNO-ONLY chatroom on discord, why not create one here on the forum too? Again it will be 100% public to read, I don't understand the reluctance.

yep
u are totally right
sorry was way overthinking this
(am stuck in bali with family and a bit destructed tbh )
will talk to admins and get something going

yep
u are totally right

Thank you for the awesome attitude!

yep
u are totally right
I think you should also discuss the obvious "loud voice" behavior on dashcentral by Mr RGXDK or "dashcentral". If something can't be said in 5 posts, then posting nearly 50 times is not effective communication and only hurts the discourse. We complain about the lack of time MNO's have to analyse each proposal, we should not have unequally loud actors in the conversation. I don't like that a largely supportive comment section appears to be far more negative because of one poster.

I think you should also discuss the obvious "loud voice" behavior on dashcentral by Mr RGXDK or "dashcentral". If something can't be said in 5 posts, then posting nearly 50 times is not effective communication and only hurts the discourse. We complain about the lack of time MNO's have to analyse each proposal, we should not have unequally loud actors in the conversation. I don't like that a largely supportive comment section appears to be far more negative because of one poster.
That area was not designed to be for your liking dear, it was designed for comments regarding proposals and that's exactly what happened there. If Acrobatics-Man wouldn't have submitted his 5 days before the end of the cycle then perhaps we would have had more time to discuss and emotions wouldn't have been so high.

No one posted anything 50 times, but I agree that it got messy...dashcentral.org is not the proper media for discussion between MN for the reasons I already mentioned. That discussion would have been much more productive in this forum, with all it's tools and resources, instead of there where you can send posts you don't like to 4-5 pages below the scroll with a handful of downvotes.

Last edited:
i can not keep up with all of that tbh
too many pages with same discussions , too many posts , opinions ,....
i actually never read through them (no time)
i make my opinion and done - if question i post on here , tag owners - get my answers and done

This hasn't been changed yet. I wasn't aware a user could change his own username.

We also have Dash News Network, which unless he actually runs a legitimate Dash News Network needs renamed on the forums and dash-central. He is awfully trolley too so maybe it's a sockpuppet account.

Back