• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: "Border-Free Love" - Live action + VFX DASH Commercial, 2M Views over 6 Months.

I would love to take a giant bite out of the Western Union/remittance business. But I think we have to have a country specific way to use it on the ground reasonably easily.

For example, I know there are crypto exchanges in India. But are there any exchanges that make it easy for a person to get an account that can be set up and used with a cell phone without needing to go in, show a bunch of ID, etc etc etc.? Is there a readily available Payza card in India that can have Dash on the back end?

If we can, in one short easy paragraph, show people how to "close the loop" and use their Dash in India (as an example), then I say full speed ahead with this ad or similar ads.

I would like to see 2 or 3 different versions that illustrate the important/familial relationship, and test them for effectiveness. I don't care how people interpret the relationship, provided the ad is effective.

Hi Solarguy.

Excellent suggestion. This is easily done by localising the different language ad's landing pages. We will definitely look into posting links to local exchanges for the specific landing pages.

As far as different familial relationships are concerned: It would be a very expensive excercise at this stage. However, if the community feels it should be done we can propose more ads in 2018.

Thanks for the input!

Hi Solarguy.

Excellent suggestion. This is easily done by localising the different language ad's landing pages. We will definitely look into posting links to local exchanges for the specific landing pages.

As far as different familial relationships are concerned: It would be a very expensive excercise at this stage. However, if the community feels it should be done we can propose more ads in 2018.

Thanks for the input!

But is there actually a way to "close the loop" in India so they can use their Dash locally? That's what I'm asking.

Hi GrandMasterDash, anything’s possible when it comes to partnering, I personally think an ad advertising an end-to-end solution would be fantastic.

When it comes to the boy-girl thing being “creepy”, they are married, rest assured. They’re wearing wedding rings and his phone lockscreen will be a wedding picture. ;)
I agree with @GrandMasterDash
I think the argument of the video has lacked a few seconds and is the goal of Dash: Digital Money.

Maybe you should add, 5 seconds where you buy a baby car in a store paying with Dash.

And 2 messages are sent:

1) International bank remittances
2) That Dash becomes goods and services without going through services of a third party.

About a third of the customers queuing at La Maison du Bitcoin’s teller windows in Paris aren’t speculating on the value of the cryptocurrency. They’re sending digital money home to Africa.

“In many countries in Africa, there are far more cellphones than bank accounts,” said Manuel Valente, co-founder of La Maison. “For bitcoin, all you need is a phone.”

From the link above. I think cracking the remittance industry should be a very high priotity for Dash!

I agree, the issue is that the USA or Europeans people do not know that in Africa the mobile phone is used as a purse with the services of M-PESA, as in China the smartphone + WeChat (messaging app), because they have adapted it to the needs of your economy.
For Dash network, Africa or countries where the telephone is used as a payment solution should be a top priority. That with a market study can be seen.

BitPesa (bitcoin network) competes with M-pesa.
Maybe we should try to seduce Bitpesa into the Dash network.

in Africa the mobile phone is used as a purse with the services of M-PESA, as in China the smartphone + WeChat (messaging app)

In South Africa we've had a service called EWallet for about a decade now. It's usually used by city-based workers to send money to unbanked relatives in rural areas using cell numbers.

Using Dash for international remittances seems to be a catch-22. There will be zero demand until 3rd world recipients have an easy Dash-to-fiat off-ramp. But no entrepreneur will build a Dash-to-fiat off-ramp in [country X] unless demand already exists. Solving both ends can take years of patient, low-cost, repetitive marketing. If the OP intends to deal with this dilemma, I would support it. If not (if the project only addresses the on-ramp, say) then I feel that it is premature.

Hi Coqui

Thanks for the input!

It is, of course, the old chicken and egg problem.

We have a choice: Either we can wait for the loop to magically close by itself, and do nothing until "conditions are right", or we can inform the public so that they can create the demand for off ramps and build the new economy from the ground up.

Of course we have to attack this problem at all levels, but we have to start somewhere.

Please watch this video:

I agree with @GrandMasterDash
I think the argument of the video has lacked a few seconds and is the goal of Dash: Digital Money.

Maybe you should add, 5 seconds where you buy a baby car in a store paying with Dash.

And 2 messages are sent:

1) International bank remittances
2) That Dash becomes goods and services without going through services of a third party.

Thanks for the input.

The script is not set in stone yet, we will definitely look at suggestions like these when we do the final scripting.

As MNO my vote is NO. We need to focus on dash development and network robustness. Too much ads and no development will make dash a bubble.
I think dash will have no much benefits from such kind of ads.

Hi Twilight

As far as I know, Dash Core and Dash Labs are already working at full capacity developing Dash. The Core team alone has been massively expanded in recent months. But remember: More money now does not necessary mean bigger productivity now. Growing a development team takes time.

There is one crucially important fact: Dash development is dependent on grants from the DAO. While the monthly Dash budget is constant (disregarding the yearly decrease in block reward) the monthly USD budget is dependent on the Dash price, which is dependent on more people buying into and using Dash... You see where I am going.

The point is, making one choose between marketing and development is a false choice.

Development is dependent on funding which is dependent on the Dash price which is dependent on adoption which is driven by marketing, which has to have something to market, which is produced by development.

Development and marketing are both essential. The decision is how to integrate the two in the most beneficial cost/reward way.

We believe Dash has to market to the main stream the moment Evolution hits the ground. And we believe the remittance industry is the best initial target. Taking on Western Union and Moneygram is much easier than Visa, Mastercard and Paypal.

But we will take them on too, eventually!

Last edited:
Hi Twilight

As far as I know, Dash Core and Dash Labs are already working at full capacity developing Dash. The Core team alone has been massively expanded in recent months. But remember: More money now does not necessary mean bigger productivity now. Growing a development team takes time.

There is one crucially important fact: Dash development is dependent on grants from the DAO. While the monthly Dash budget is constant (disregarding the yearly decrease in block reward) the monthly USD budget is dependent on the Dash price, which is dependent on more people buying into and using Dash... You see where I am going.

The point is, making one choose between marketing and development is a false choice.

Development is dependent on funding which is dependent on the Dash price which is dependent on adoption which is driven by marketing, which has to have something to market, which is produced by development.

Development and marketing are both essential. The decision is how to integrate the two in the most beneficial cost/reward way.

We believe Dash has to market to the main stream the moment Evolution hits the ground. And we believe the remittance industry is the best initial target. Taking on Western Union and Moneygram is much easier than Visa, Mastercard and Paypal.

But we will take them on too, eventually!

I just see the github and no active development there. And almost all commits just by UdjinM6. Also i cannot find any exact future release roadmap and finished milestones.

Regarding the cash remittance industry i am quite skeptical. Regular crypto coins are not good if we need FIAT -> DASH -> FIAT. That way we need to use exchange platform twice, pay loading/cash out fee, we are vulnerable to price fluctuation etc. In such kind of transaction Tether (USDT) will easily surpass dash.

We need to show the other benefits of dash. Educate people use dash in regular life not just as intermediary in transmitting fiat to fiat.

Hi Twilight

If you have been following the community news you would see that Core is indeed very active, but use a private repository that will be made public the moment Evolution is ready. The reason for this is nothing nefarious, it is simply to protect Dash's first mover advantage.

The code will be open source and public the moment it is implemented.

In this regard it is also worth mentioning that the current code has been submitted for audit by a bug hunting company. There is also a sizeable public bug bounty program.

As for your second point
1) The hurdles to international money transfer are SIGNIFICANTLY greater than doing fiat -> crypto -> fiat transactions on a local exchanges. This is just my own experience. The maximum Westen Union transaction I was allowed to do in South Africa, last time I tried, was 10 000 ZAR. That is about 700 USD.

2)Most countries, even places like Zimbabwe (a major receiver of remittances from South Africa) have established local exchanges. The important thing is that crypto prices on these local exchanges are often highly inflated. The BTC price in Zimbabwe is already far over 10 000 USD. Even here in South Africa the BTC price on Luno is inflated compared to the international spot price. This means that instead of costing money, crypto transactions to poor countries may even have a negative "fee". It can immediately be sold at a profit.

3) As more people receive Dash via remittances, more people will use it in day to day commerce. If they have it they will create an economy with it. If they do not have it, it is impossible.

If you have been following the community news you would see that Core is indeed very active, but use a private repository that will be made public the moment Evolution is ready.

Haha, it least i want to hope for that. The only roadmap i found is: https://github.com/dashpay/dash-roadmap but it is already 3 month old.

To attract new users we need to show dash advantages, show to new users that it is "better money" not only advertise as remittance service replacement.

Hi Twilight, we agree that Dash is inherently a better form of money. We are trying to pick the right battles when it comes to pushing for adoption, and we believe it's crucial to focus on developing nations to make that happen, especially when it comes to countries who fall victim to economic crises such as hyperinflation and need alternative means of transfer and value storage.

The biggest conundrum with the community seems to be the chicken/egg question of adoption first or marketing first. As Bielie explained, we strongly believe we need to raise awareness in order to encourage early adoption in key markets. Without early adopters, the Evolution platform will have nowhere to go.

Progress Update: 2017/12/16

Hi folks! Our Team at Eralith Studios is getting ready to break for Christmas as our suppliers are sending in the last available updates. Here’s the rundown for those interested:

-Our agreements with our partner studios have been finalised.
-Our concept artist is scheduled to finish up on the photorealistic renders of our bird characters between the 18th and 30th of December.
-The VFX studio, Polycat, will commence production of the VFX sequences on the 2nd of January. They are slated to finish their shots in mid-February.
-Our live action supplier, Conduit Productions, has taken us location scouting. We are currently sanding down our location shortlist and working out shoot day logistics.
-Casting of our lead actors will commence in January.
-The live-action shoot is earmarked to take place on the 28th of January.

Thank you for continued support, and Merry Christmas!

Hey guys, just wanted to drop by and let you know that the Project Jet Plane ad campaign has reached its initial conclusion date for all languages, on the 9th of Jan. The English version has over 990,000 views. We have now engaged a slow-burn campaign for the English version, using the leftover Adwords funds of around $7000. It will run until the 9th of April, when Project Border Free Love will be in its projected release window.

Back