• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal Dash Messaging Eco-System

Would you vote for this proposal

• Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

• I would like some additional information first.

• Total voters
As you can appreciate, projects of this magnitude require sizeable investment, budgeted at £5 million, of which the founders have contributed £1m already, we have 3 VC and Private investors who would match the same, provided Dash comes on board and we are therefore looking to the Dash community for a 20% (£1 million) contribution to help us finish the application (90% complete) and take it to market.

I assume the VC and Private investors are acquiring equity for their £4m contributions (either that or expect to be paid back at some point with interest), but you are asking the Dash community for a £1m grant.

I assume the VC and Private investors are acquiring equity for their £4m contributions (either that or expect to be paid back at some point with interest), but you are asking the Dash community for a £1m grant.

Dear TroyDASH,
Thank you for your post, you are right, private and other investors would demand an interest.

We would be happy to offer a similar deal to DASH, or Masternodes, not sure if there is a way to do this?

We also have EIS (Enterprise Investment Scheme) approval in the UK, should that be of interest.

Kind regards
Will

FYI -
Dash Messaging with digital cash
https://d-msg.com

Dear jimbursch,
I had a look at your link.
We may be positioning ourselves wrong as a "Messaging App".

A better positioning would possibly be "a platform for engagement of consumers, brands and celebrities at a micro financial level" using messaging or social media as the mechanism to drive interactions.

I do however like the concept of d-msg with the kind of "Pay me to talk to me" and perhaps there are possibilities we could explore to work together on that front also.

Have a great day.
Kind regards
Will

Dear TroyDASH,
Thank you for your post, you are right, private and other investors would demand an interest.

We would be happy to offer a similar deal to DASH, or Masternodes, not sure if there is a way to do this?

We also have EIS (Enterprise Investment Scheme) approval in the UK, should that be of interest.

Kind regards
Will

This is possible, dash is in the process of setting up a legal entity to make such arrangements. You need to speak to core about this as it would make an interesting test case. Also, they can arrange escrow which, given the amount, would make MNOs a lot more comfortable.

This is possible, dash is in the process of setting up a legal entity to make such arrangements. You need to speak to core about this as it would make an interesting test case. Also, they can arrange escrow which, given the amount, would make MNOs a lot more comfortable.

Fantastic!

Well done to Dash for that!

And thank you for the advise!

Kind regards
Will

Regarding the length of this proposal. 1 payment is probably too much and 12 months are definitely too long as the price of dash might change drastically in that time frame. The sweet spot I think is 3 months.

If it's actually possible for the Network to receive equity in return for our funding then this would be an easy Yes.

Regarding the length of this proposal. 1 payment is probably too much and 12 months are definitely too long as the price of dash might change drastically in that time frame. The sweet spot I think is 3 months.

If it's actually possible for the Network to receive equity in return for our funding then this would be an easy Yes.

Dear TheSingleton,

Really appreciate it, thank you!

Kind regards
Will

Dear RGXDK,
First of all, thank you very much for your reply.
Needless to say that a no vote triggers a sinking feeling.

Please allow me to explain that whilst you are right, there are many messaging apps, DappDapp is not just a messaging app, but so much more!

Perhaps let me give you an example of what we see our partnership being able to do that no other crypto or messaging app currently can.

Let's say in Africa (where my roots are) an average man wants to go on a Taxi ride, but he is nervous about the ride.
He now wants to pay for accidental cover or life cover for the two hour trip home.
(This is a real example as we have an insurer willing to offer this kind of product)

Let's say the premium is 10c per hour trip, for $1000 death/accident cover.
The question is, how does someone pay 10c to an insurer?

You can't do it with traditional banking as the fees for a transaction of that size is not viable, crypto is difficult even the transaction fees on crypto is not favourable for such small transactions.
The insurer cannot trigger a debit order or accurately track it with current systems available out there?
But there is a market, because there are millions of people taking taxi rides each day.

Now what if the person does not have 10c to pay for the taxi ride?
1. He/she could watch a few opt in adverts, or campaigns, pre-funded by advertisers, using Dash. The client then gets paid for watching the Adverts and uses those rewards to take out the insurance cover.

An advertiser could even through proximity sensor engage clients and offer such products, say within a radius of the taxi rank.

We have many other use cases and i can fill many pages as I am so Passionate about this.

I do understand that you said no and I respect your answer.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

Have a great day!
Could this be done through a telegram bot? There are already many QR generator bots for IM transactions

Could this be done through a telegram bot? There are already many QR generator bots for IM transactions

Their system and vision goes way beyond chat bots. I don't know if they can compete with Kik etc but to get some equity might be a good idea, so long as there's no non-compete agreement.

Thank you all for all your comments and feedback, we take it on board and are busy putting a pack together for core to have a look.

Following which, we will be submitting a proposal that we trust you all will like.

Dear TroyDASH,

Kind regards
Will
Will_DD, I would like to see in depth the topic that has been pointed @TroyDASH

About: We would be happy to offer a similar deal to DASH, or Masternodes, not sure if there is a way to do this?

We would have to see what would be the possible ROI of the Dash network, both from the point of view of: an interest as well as others that were not financial.
Think about the pre-proposal to deal with the subject offering tangible or intangible things.

On the other hand you said that you would already have negotiations with clients in Africa, could you indicate more information about this?

Thank you.

Dear blockchaintech,

Than you for your reply.

Please would you clarify this part of your reply for me:

"Think about the pre-proposal to deal with the subject offering tangible or intangible things."

As for the rest of your reply:
We are currently putting together a budget submission, where we will include the proposed deal and structure, we have scheduled a call with Ryan for tomorrow to go through it and hopefully give Masternodes more comfort.

We will also include some documents and videos in response to threads above (including yours), also showing some use cases and some of the deals to date.

Please accept my apology for not having precise feedback, we will hopefully have more clarity after tomorrow's phone call.

Have a great day!

Will

i cant vote yes for this proposal without a lot more information , especially from support from the other VCs , having said that this space is the most competitive one ever , there are 90 odd social media startups going bust just in Silicon valley apparently. and there at least 10 super successful messaging / social media apps out there who can simply introduce crypto if they see the need to. so we should take few months to research this idea and get started , if not both dash and the VCs would lose it all.

Dear Dashmaximalist,

Thank you for your feedback. You are 100% right, there are many attempts in this space, many of which do not succeed.

We believe that this is largely to blame on the business model, where everything is for free, hardly any revenues flow and subsequently it is a 'punt' for the big numbers.

Looking at most of the messaging apps, they don't make any revenue, they rather seem to chase the dream of 500 million downloads so they could sell out to another big player or do an IPO.

The problem with that approach is that as you know there are overheads and what then happens is that the company needs cash flow and they start selling databases and all the privacy issues come in. This is part of our foundation and why we believe social media is flawed.

Think how often you meet someone and suddenly your social media app suggests him as a friend. (because your whereabouts are not private - because you as a customer is worth far less to them when selling their database)

Our vision however is to drive value and subsequently revenue from the onset, so that we could generate tangible revenue, even from just a couple of thousand downloads. This is why our drive is for partnerships with communities who have a business case - this is where Dash is then the form of settlement.

Before we met Ryan at the Dash conference, we did also consider the ICO route like kik who did kin. The reason we did not go that route is that we see crypto as a massive business on it's own. If you look at the investment, time, money, effort and all the other things that Dash has put in, we felt it would be crazy to try create a currency and along with that also make the messaging app successful. We thus decided to focus on one and partner Dash for the other.

This also ties in with our community approach, as we get valuable feedback, like we already got since we engaged you :)

We will show another example of this community monetizing in a video to accompany the proposal we will submit next week.

I will also give more clarity on the other VC's

Hope this helps give you a bit of comfort.

Kind regards
Will

If you don't mind, in this video you make, I would like to hear about your vision in comparison to the other big players in this space (wechat, kik etc). What differentiates you and the others? Thanks.

Back