• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Visa card for cryptocurrency service

letswhack

Hello,

Hope you all are doing great.

There are lots of companies giving services of cryptocurrency visa card, if someone wants to start his own Cryptocurrency prepaid Visa Card service , how to get approval or what minimum investment one should do to get become service provider like cryptopay or bonpay companies .

I tried contacting prepaid visa but they said its the banks who allow such service , is that so or is there any platform or company through which we can start such business.

I running an NGO, and helping bankless people learn about crypto so they can receive charity in the mobile wallet and later use it but providing them visa card service will really solve the issue.

Looking forward for your replies guiding how one can start his own prepaid visa crypto service

Hi guys!
You may look at our crypto service - Bonpay.
We work with Visa through our card issuing partner. So, you'll be able to use the card and withdraw cash from any ATM that accepts Visa.

All Bonpay cards are issued by the principal member of VISA company Wavecrest. We have an agreement and integrated API with Wavecrest company who is our card provider.

I see, sorry if I am out of topic.
However, our company has plans to scale the number of countries supported.

I see, sorry if I am out of topic.
However, our company has plans to scale the number of countries supported.
Rite now it's just EU and UK As per wave crest holdings.

And plus u need home address verification where if I'm living in my father's houses his will be on his name then how will u confirm ? N verify

Our representative can verify your account by your bank statement or a registration. The documents have to contain the date for the last three months.

I think there are quite a number of companies who provide Crypto Debit Card services, like Wirex / Shift / Spectrocoin etc.

I understand that your NGO is doing charity work, but why would the refugees need crypto linked cards? Why can't you use conventional bank cards instead?

I have been looking into this Bonpay, after massive disappointments with Spectrocoin and Shakepay.

Spectrocoin
was my first attempt, but I didn't even get to order the card. During the process of ordering the card I got this message "do not order the card if your country of residence is not on the list". I searched the entire website for a list of countries but could not find one, so I contacted support. They didn't even know about this message, let alone a list. But after some back and forth messaging they told my that my country was on the list, but they could not show me that list.... So I did not order that card. A couple of days ago I looked again and found a list of supported countries.... Maybe I'll try again.

Shakepay was my second attempt and I got myself a virtual card. I also used it and it worked. Problems arose when they stopped to support countries outside of the EU. Which shouldn't be a problem for me, because I have 2 addresses, one in Thailand and one in the Netherlands. So I just needed to change my Thai address into my Dutch address. That proved to be impossible to do by myself, but the helpdesk could apply the changes for me which they did. Then I wanted to upgrade to the next KYC level by verifying my address. I sent in a bank statement with my Dutch address on it which got rejected because -they said- the address didn't match, which was complete BS because it matches exactly. This started a conversation with their helpdesk during which everytime I had to wait more than 2 weeks for a response. And everytime their response was complete nonsense as if they didn't even read my question.
So after a few months I gave up and told them to close my account. It is a bit of a pity because I could load my card directly with Dash.

Bonpay is my third attempt now. One good thing about Bonpay is that their helpdesk is relatively quick but also actually helps. It is not as good as the Exodus helpdesk which is sublime, but it is way better than Shakepay and Genesis (just to mention a really bad one). I could not verify my phone using their website, but their helpdesk helped me out. Next I wanted to see if they would accept my bank statement as a verification for my address. It got rejected because it didn't have a "bank stamp". That is the craziest thing I ever heard, well... one of the craziest things. I have been with that bank for over 40 years and never saw a "bank stamp". Not only that, I had worked with that bank for numerous years and still I had never even seen a "bank stamp". I had already given up on it, but as this was so ridiculous I sent them an email explaining that I have never seen a "bank stamp" and asked them how to obtain one.
Much to my surprise they answered that a bank stamp was not really necessary and they had now verified my address. So, so far it looks good. I will try ordering a card first before submitting a copy of my passport and see how that goes.
One negative thing about Bonpay that I found so far is that they advertise with that you can use this card to pay with any crypto, BTC, ETH, LTC etc. but within the website I can only find support for BTC. Of course you can use Changelly or Shapeshift to change any crypto to BTC first, but that is not my preferred option.

Charlie Shrem's Dash card looked like the perfect solution.... and I have been waiting for it a long time. Now I understand it won't be coming at all.... That is a real pity.

How about TenX, Payza, UQUID, BitWala, Wirex and Monaco? Other?
Anyone experience with those (in combination with Dash)?

Ernst.

I live in Latin America. Anyone building a DASH debit card for the hundreds of millions of people here? If so, I have not seen even one. Horrible.

I live in Latin America. Anyone building a DASH debit card for the hundreds of millions of people here? If so, I have not seen even one. Horrible.

We should not be helping VISA/MASTERCARD by putting it on their debit cards, what we should be doing is sending DASH ATM machines to local businesses and promoting these businesses and locations that accept Dash, and having small businesses pay their employees in Dash, they get discounts for using Dash in their stores etc, create an ecosystem...

We should not be helping VISA/MASTERCARD by putting it on their debit cards, what we should be doing is sending DASH ATM machines to local businesses and promoting these businesses and locations that accept Dash, and having small businesses pay their employees in Dash, they get discounts for using Dash in their stores etc, create an ecosystem...
That of course is the future, and it would be fairly easy to come up with a Dash-card that works completely outside of the legacy system.
But for today it would still be very helpful if we could have a prepaid visa or mastercard that you can load with Dash.

Ernst.

That of course is the future, and it would be fairly easy to come up with a Dash-card that works completely outside of the legacy system.
But for today it would still be very helpful if we could have a prepaid visa or mastercard that you can load with Dash.

Ernst.

You are hurting Dash and prolonging the process of adoption by using its competition. We need to create our own system and launch it, disrupt the current system, not use it just for convience sake.

I have been looking into this Bonpay, after massive disappointments with Spectrocoin and Shakepay.

Spectrocoin
was my first attempt, but I didn't even get to order the card. During the process of ordering the card I got this message "do not order the card if your country of residence is not on the list". I searched the entire website for a list of countries but could not find one, so I contacted support. They didn't even know about this message, let alone a list. But after some back and forth messaging they told my that my country was on the list, but they could not show me that list.... So I did not order that card. A couple of days ago I looked again and found a list of supported countries.... Maybe I'll try again.

Shakepay was my second attempt and I got myself a virtual card. I also used it and it worked. Problems arose when they stopped to support countries outside of the EU. Which shouldn't be a problem for me, because I have 2 addresses, one in Thailand and one in the Netherlands. So I just needed to change my Thai address into my Dutch address. That proved to be impossible to do by myself, but the helpdesk could apply the changes for me which they did. Then I wanted to upgrade to the next KYC level by verifying my address. I sent in a bank statement with my Dutch address on it which got rejected because -they said- the address didn't match, which was complete BS because it matches exactly. This started a conversation with their helpdesk during which everytime I had to wait more than 2 weeks for a response. And everytime their response was complete nonsense as if they didn't even read my question.
So after a few months I gave up and told them to close my account. It is a bit of a pity because I could load my card directly with Dash.

Bonpay is my third attempt now. One good thing about Bonpay is that their helpdesk is relatively quick but also actually helps. It is not as good as the Exodus helpdesk which is sublime, but it is way better than Shakepay and Genesis (just to mention a really bad one). I could not verify my phone using their website, but their helpdesk helped me out. Next I wanted to see if they would accept my bank statement as a verification for my address. It got rejected because it didn't have a "bank stamp". That is the craziest thing I ever heard, well... one of the craziest things. I have been with that bank for over 40 years and never saw a "bank stamp". Not only that, I had worked with that bank for numerous years and still I had never even seen a "bank stamp". I had already given up on it, but as this was so ridiculous I sent them an email explaining that I have never seen a "bank stamp" and asked them how to obtain one.
Much to my surprise they answered that a bank stamp was not really necessary and they had now verified my address. So, so far it looks good. I will try ordering a card first before submitting a copy of my passport and see how that goes.
One negative thing about Bonpay that I found so far is that they advertise with that you can use this card to pay with any crypto, BTC, ETH, LTC etc. but within the website I can only find support for BTC. Of course you can use Changelly or Shapeshift to change any crypto to BTC first, but that is not my preferred option.

Charlie Shrem's Dash card looked like the perfect solution.... and I have been waiting for it a long time. Now I understand it won't be coming at all.... That is a real pity.

How about TenX, Payza, UQUID, BitWala, Wirex and Monaco? Other?
Anyone experience with those (in combination with Dash)?

Ernst.
Hi,

Thanks for all your information.

SpectroCoin

I have had a good experience with SpectroCoin debit card. I have a UK address and have uploaded my ID docs to their website to get the upgraded card limits with no problems at all.

I think they’ve had a few teething problems with their website, but generally speaking everything works well and I have no complaints. I’ve used the card a few times for small purchases in shops just to make sure it works, and I’m happy to report it does work fine. It’s not the cheapest card though, because you have to convert your dash to gbp or euros or dollars on the SpectroCoin platform (which is quick, easy and simple) but it means that you lose some money in transaction fees.

TenX

I now (FINALLY!) have the TenX card. I am very very happy with this card. It is easy to load directly with dash and it has a reasonable spending limit with the level 1 KYC. I tried to upload my passport pic via the TenX mobile ap to get level 2 KYC and a bigger spending limit, but each time I try to do this, the ap crashes. (Again I have only tested the card by making a small purchase in a shop, but I’m happy to report it works very well.)

I haven’t yet reached out to technical support, because I am still battle scarred from months and months of emails back and forth with TenX support to even get them to send the card to me!

However, the product is good and worth the (very long) wait.

Wirex

I have pre registered for this card and am waiting to get it!

ShremScamCard

I am very angry and I think as a community we should call out Shrem to return the money he has taken from us!

Hope this information helps.

Last edited:
You are hurting Dash and prolonging the process of adoption by using its competition. We need to create our own system and launch it, disrupt the current system, not use it just for convience sake.
I understand your passion for I feel that too, but I have to disagree.
Today, right now, you can not buy your groceries with dash. I wish it were different, but we'll have to face reality.
What you can and should do is promote it by using it in any possible way.

How do I explain to my mother; here is dash, but you may have to wait a couple of years before you can use it.
She is not going to be overly enthusiastic.
But if she could use it today, that would help a lot and thus increase dash usage as a payment method. Which is exactly what dash needs.
By using it, and talking about it we create a wider support, and stimulate more adoption.
You can not break free in one step, you'll need to do it step by step.

BTW. visa and mastercard are not direct competition, They are tools to use currencies, and dash is such a currency. As I said before, later we can make our own cards and bypass them all together.

Ernst.

I understand your passion for I feel that too, but I have to disagree.
Today, right now, you can not buy your groceries with dash. I wish it were different, but we'll have to face reality.
What you can and should do is promote it by using it in any possible way.

How do I explain to my mother; here is dash, but you may have to wait a couple of years before you can use it.
She is not going to be overly enthusiastic.
But if she could use it today, that would help a lot and thus increase dash usage as a payment method. Which is exactly what dash needs.
By using it, and talking about it we create a wider support, and stimulate more adoption.
You can not break free in one step, you'll need to do it step by step.

BTW. visa and mastercard are not direct competition, They are tools to use currencies, and dash is such a currency. As I said before, later we can make our own cards and bypass them all together.

Ernst.

You're promoting Dash in the wrong way, Dash has enough money that we can we put 50 Dash General Byte ATM's in small businesses in your location, do a Dash airdrop at the locations to create awareness and immediate usage. 5 in food stores in you city, 5 in clothing stores, 5 at local gas stations, one at the university, 5 in cafes, 5 at shopping malls, etc. We got the funding all we need is for the Dash community to get together and get it done.

$5,000 for each machine x 50 is $250,000 and last time I check it cost $3,000 for 1 machine, im just adding it up for any extra costs such as manual labor to install etc.

ALL WE NEED IS SOMEONE THAT THE DASH COMMUNITY CAN TRUST TO DO IT
https://www.dashcentral.org/budget

Last edited:
You're promoting Dash in the wrong way, Dash has enough money that we can we but 50 Dash General Byte ATM's in small businesses in your location, do a Dash airdrop at the locations to create awareness and immediate usage. 5 in food stores in you city, 5 in clothing stores, 5 at local gas stations, one at the university, 5 in cafes, 5 at shopping malls, etc. We got the funding all we need is for the Dash community to get together and get it done.

$5,000 for each machine x 50 is $250,000 and last time I check it cost $3,000 for 1 machine, im just adding it up for any extra costs such as manual labor to install etc.

https://www.dashcentral.org/budget

True! That is why I believe in Dash. It can be done, it needs to get done and so it will get done.
But it isn't done yet. Dash may have enough money to dash-up the village here, but there are millions villages and cities like this.
Dash can not do that overnight, not in a week, a month or not even in a year.
But I can promote its use in different ways within that year.

And again Mastercard and Visa are not direct competitors. They provide cards for EUR, USD, GBP... they may even some day see the light and provide a card for Dash.
(they should if they want to survive ;) )

Ernst.

Back