• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Should I keep or sell my late November batch D3's?

AlphaDog806

I recently purchased 4 late November batch D3's from Bitmain. Considering the potentially significant increase in difficulty in the coming months, would it be ideal to sell 1 or 2 of the miners on Ebay? I see people paying almost as much as double the retail price and I am wondering if selling them is something I should consider? I'm a little impulsive and impatient when it comes to ROI and like to have money in hand as soon as possible. If I could get my ROI in 3 or 4 months I would be happy but any longer than that, I am simply not content with. I would love to hear your opinions. Thanks.

It appears you have answered your own question
"I'm a little impulsive and impatient when it comes to ROI and like to have money in hand as soon as possible. If I could get my ROI in 3 or 4 months I would be happy but any longer than that, I am simply not content with
." so I like you to answer mine. If you had bought these miners in September and it came to November would you have thrown them away? It may not pay back as fast as you would like but in my opinion you are mining DASH. Another question do you believe in the long term vision of the Project? if yes you would want to get your hands on all the DASH you can. that just my 2 cents.

Thing is the difficulty rating is a mystery to me but it just keeps rocketing up. Bought 14 D3 and they are still in the mail so not generating anything yet but as it looks now they will never achive ROI and the money is lost but there are a few factors that can change this and mainly if the price of DASH rockets up and I hope it will since they have made huge contracts with USA cannabis manufacturers to be used as there currency. So I guess the only thing to do is just let em mine and just store the coin and wait for it to go up.

I don't plan on getting my ROI on my 3 D3's currently hooked up unless Dash price increases. Just in case, I'll exchange some for BTC.

Specials today 2 november 2017,
Antminer D3 19.3GH / s 1500 $ without PSU
Only BYLIKES can provide this price;)
if you sell your goods, get commission, is easy to get money! (we can also make invoice with your company)
Wow wow! it sounds good

I ordered over 20 Antminer D3 from November patch. Suddenly, my partner/investor changed his mind and want to sell everything. So, if anybody interested, I can sell 10 Antminer D3 + PSU + free Overnight delivery (same day as I'll received an order from Bitmain) for $1800

Thing is the difficulty rating is a mystery to me but it just keeps rocketing up. Bought 14 D3 and they are still in the mail so not generating anything yet but as it looks now they will never achive ROI and the money is lost but there are a few factors that can change this and mainly if the price of DASH rockets up and I hope it will since they have made huge contracts with USA cannabis manufacturers to be used as there currency. So I guess the only thing to do is just let em mine and just store the coin and wait for it to go up.

You also have the advantage of numbers. With your 14 miners coming on it is likely the single miners would crash out. Its really survival of the fittest.

I'm about to turn mine on, waiting on the power supplies, they shipped them about a week after the actual units. Still waiting to turn on my 15 from OCT batch. What a joke, I hope this turns around, that was nice chunk of my networth.

I've got around 12 D3s available for sale. Asking $1500 each with global shipping included. Lookup my business: Stickerlight to get in contact with me.

I wouldn't sell it. I would keep mining, as it more than covers costs at this time.

And you never know, what price jump you can expect in the future.

Same here. I will mine even when it stops being profitable at the current rates. Who knows how high Dash might rally later.

I'd mine for maybe another 2 months or so, then sell them for what you got it for. That's what I did after I built my own rig

Are there any other coins that can be mined using the Antminer D3 ??

The only other viable coins to mine are Monetary Units (MUE) or Start Coin, both of which have prime pump and dump potential due to their extremely low volume and small user base, and I'd say even Dash falls into that category due to the currently excessive network rate and the questionable organizational governance/structure. At this point most of the non-Dash coins look like dead projects except MUE. TorCoin has barely any volume and their site didn't even work earlier today. Start hasn't had a blog post in 2 years and looks to have no viable projects affiliated with it and Cannabis Coin appears to have been abandoned by the original developers long ago and now serves primarily as a pump and dump. Monetary Units appear to be a 1:1 clone of Dash down to the organizational structure operated by a dubious group that doesn't even use their real names on their website. That being said, it appears that MUE had a big pump from July to August and then another in September. Given the current state of X11 mining, I'd bet on MUE to see another decent pump going into December, which would make mining MUE reasonably profitable if you can get 20-30% coin appreciation on current values within the next month or so.

Assuming you generate $150-$200 in MUE over the course of the next month and MUE prices move 30% on strong volume then you could see $195-$260 in returns if you sold at the peak. Reinvesting back to a diversified portfolio of BTC/LTC/ETH/XMR you could end up with 6-10 mo. ROI. At this point that might be an optimal strategy. A more conservative approach would be mining only Dash or using a Nicehash X11 pool and betting on BTC instead.

At this stage of the game mining with D3s comes down to low energy costs and good treasury/portfolio management. For most people this isn't easy to accomplish so I would anticipate the network rate stabilizing over the next few months and a fair number of miners pulling their rigs offline due to poor energy arbitrage. Back in September people with excessive energy costs were probably buying D3s and A5s thinking they could profit and now they can't so it definitely will be a good time to buy rigs for cheap prices, mine with them, and then resell them later when the network rate stabilizes (assuming transaction volume increases) and demand improves.

Back