• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Leopards Soccer

DashingDude

The Dash Leopards are the first soccer teams in the world to be funded by Dash blockchain technology. We promote awareness and adoption of Dash to thousands of people, through soccer.

The kids will wear prominent Dash Branded uniforms, and Dash-branded banners will be displayed at every match. Kids are quick learners and quick adopters... and when their parents, friends and relatives ask about Dash, the kids will teach them!

I would like to try this idea for 3 months of evaluation. If it provides value to Dash as expected, the members of Dash Africa would like to replicate this model in other countries.

The whole story is posted here, on the Dash Leopards website.

Please read some of the blog posts or watch some of the videos! The team has excellent and professional administration.

I would appreciate comments! It would cost very few Dash to give the teams Dash-branded shirts and tracksuits, and they would promote Dash at every event, to hundreds of people each week.

If you want to know more, just go look at the web-page, guys! :)

Here are some of the people who are supporting the Dash Leopards:
... and we have a Champion soccer team!!!

Last edited:
@mastermined and @thedesertlynx please could you give me some advice? I'm not sure of the best approach to this project. And I haven't received any feedback from anybody yet to the post above.

I am looking to run a 3-month trial project. If the project proves to provide value to Dash, we would hopefully continue thereafter. I will be receiving budget figures (official quotes) from the team's admin tomorrow, which will enable me to account for all of their expenses. Of course, many of their expenses would be up-front (such as uniforms) and so later they might need less money.

I am anticipating approx a total of perhaps 20 Dash for 3 months (or 1/3rd of that per month). It believe that this could offer excellent exposure for Dash and facilitate rapid adoption.

Do you think that I should submit a proposal for this small monthly amount of Dash? Or find other ways to fund them?

Thank you!!

Last edited:
I think this would fall under charity as i don't think it will have much impact on Dash adoption. I don't have a problem with that but i think the community should decide not Dash Force. I would not mind putting some Dash towards a proposal but I don't feel it would be appropriate for Dash Force to fund it all as the community at large may not think it is any appropriate use of funds.
@djcrypto is working on a charity DAO so maybe reach out to him, @jimbursch also helps with smaller projects. Now that others are stepping up and doing more i want to limit the scope of DF and let others specialize in things like charity work and other things DF has helped with in the past. We will still help where needed but we can't and shouldn't try to do everything, decentralization works best.
I will bring it up during our weekly DF meeting tomorrow.

@mastermined I really appreciate your reply.

I do not think that this project is sustainable if it is viewed as charity. I've moved away from that idea. But if soccer offered a better ROI to Dash than meet-ups, defined in terms of raising brand awareness and promoting adoption at cost per number of people reached... don't you see potential? 3 Dash could reach 20 people via a meet-up... or the same 3 Dash could send our message to hundreds of soccer fans each month.

Thanks for bringing it up in the weekly DF meeting tomorrow.

@mastermined perhaps my wording in the previous post, written late last night, was not perfect. Apologies. But your comments were very helpful to me. Other people will react as you did, that this is Charity, and I don't see that idea gaining much traction. Thus I will need to change my approach to this project, and probably need to re-brand it under a different pre-proposal.

Dash already sponsors aero-sports ... and Scott's been hugely successful. So why not sponsor some sport on the ground...? I see it as a huge opportunity to promote awareness and adoption!

Thanks again!

It seems Dash is doing some great things in Africa for the "unbankable". Maybe a link between what you are doing and education around Dash? Offering a trial period is good too.

@thedesertlynx, thanks for the suggestion, and I must speak to @coingun but this is not charity. Yes, we help poor communities, which is great... but this is marketing. Football funding is not a new idea, and teams are funded only because the sponsors receive great publicity. If you were to support this idea, we could really make things happen. If the idea failed somehow, it really wouldn't cost Dash very much.

Last edited:
@thedesertlynx, thanks for the suggestion, and I must speak to @coingun but this is not charity. Yes, we help poor communities, which is great... but this is marketing. Football funding is not a new idea, and teams are funded only because the sponsors receive great publicity. If you were to support this idea, we could really make things happen. If the idea failed somehow, it really wouldn't cost Dash very much.

As far as I'm aware, Instant Karma Fund isn't just for charity.

I think that this project will offer an excellent opportunity to promote the Dash brand. Good for people AND good for Dash.

I can think of many other better ways to promote Dash and I don't think we should be involved in charities. Voting NO.

I can think of many other better ways to promote Dash and I don't think we should be involved in charities. Voting NO.

Thank-you, @RGXDK. Your opinion probably represents the initial opinion that many other people will have too. So I need to approach this project in a different way. Please understand that I have zero vested interested in this football team, except since meeting them two weeks ago. My kid doesn't play soccer, I don't, and I have no relation to anybody on the team, except as described on https://dash-africa.com/leopards/

The treasury budget is for development and promotion of Dash. I would really like to try to get you to change your mind. :) You didn't even ask about the figures. 6 Dash per month would bring brand-awareness to thousands of people. Via the children, who are quick learners. And soon, international publicity. Please think again, in terms of ROI to Dash, and not in terms of charity.

Last edited:
Thanks...
Get the kids uniforms with a prominent Dash logo, and emphasize telling parents and relatives about Dash, and I will vote for it.

That is exactly the plan. The uniforms and branding won't cost much to Dash. I received quotes this morning... and this can happen!

@JZA this is simply astounding! Thank-you, and your authors, so much!!! 5 languages, so quicly! Wow! Viva Dash global!

The Leopards are currently competing in a 5-day tournament at the Hartleyvale stadium. Approx 500 spectators attend each match. I'd love to tell them all about Dash, but I can't do it all by myself. However, the kids will start to tell everybody about Dash. They love Dash already!! Maybe I must organize a meet-up to get the kids using Dash. I have a local general merchant who will accept the Dash so the kids will quickly learn how to use it!

@JZA this is simply astounding! Thank-you, and your authors, so much!!! 5 languages, so quicly! Wow! Viva Dash global!

The Leopards are currently competing in a 5-day tournament at the Hartleyvale stadium. Approx 500 spectators attend each match. I'd love to tell them all about Dash, but I can't do it all by myself. However, the kids will start to tell everybody about Dash. They love Dash already!! Maybe I must organize a meet-up to get the kids using Dash. I have a local general merchant who will accept the Dash so the kids will quickly learn how to use it!

You can't "tell people about Dash" while they watch a soccer match. It takes a solid hour to explain someone what a crypto currency is, why is it important, why Dash is different than bitcoin and so on. This is not the place or the media for it. It's not the demographic too.

Let's stop wasting the network's money. Voting NO.

You can't "tell people about Dash" while they watch a soccer match. It takes a solid hour to explain someone what a crypto currency is, why is it important, why Dash is different than bitcoin and so on. This is not the place or the media for it. It's not the demographic too.

If we go by those rules, DASH should never participate on any crypto event since is only 1 to 3 days. And you can only talk to people for maybe 15 min before they go to the next booth on an expo. Why pay for hotel and expensive flight if all its going to do is talk to people for 15 min at a time...

Why companies invest in TV commercials, and TD Ameritrade should never put their commercials on the superbowl, you know how hard is to explain asset insurance to someone? What a waste of money...

... for the record yes, I am being sarcastic.

Let me remind you that the funds are actually trully wasted (burned) if they are not claimed by anyone on the network.

Remember that we have two very distinct demographics. People who buy Dash for investment purposes need an hour 's presentation to persuade them. But Dash is not just for hodling... it is supposed to be Digital Cash. Cash has no demographic... and if we are to promote adoption of Dash, we simply need to reach many people to make them aware of the brand, and provide incentive for them to start using it instead of fiat. These people won't care about concepts such as the blockchain.... they'll care only that this new kind of money is better... and they'll explain it to one-another.

Rather than burning the very small amount of Dash that we seek, would it not be better to give soccer a chance? To evaluate whether it provides value to Dash?

I have received quotes from the teams for Dash-branded shirts and kit. A one-off payment of 4 Dash would cover the uniforms for 3 teams totalling 28 players, plus 5 coaches, and they will wear Dash branding for at least 6 months. Although in future they will also need more training gear, the amounts are not a large-enough for me to justify a proposal yet. Anybody care to comment or help? @joezippy @raze @coingun @JZA @djcrypto @jimbursch @thedesertlynx @Dash Swag @Mahamadu Salam (@cryptolib) and @Nathaniel Luz (@rotc)

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Back