• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash difficulty forecast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say, more and more people are aware of the D3 and there's a big number of them mining by the end of november. By the end of december, how probable is that the profit of mining Dash will still be in the range of 3k-5k?

Last edited:
It is very hard to get a handle on how many D3 Antminers have even been put up for sale. My gut feeling is that the number is not very high.

My gut has been pretty reliable, but it comes with no guarantees....

What is, in your opinion the most probable thing, all of the D3 from Bitmain are just bought en-masse just to be sold as a scarce rarity on eBay and Amazon, or does Bitmain's D3 get sold out so fast because there's actually so many people that want to mine Dash?

I live in a country with relatively cheap electric energy, which if the mining profitability calculator is correct, there's around a 3k profit per month guaranteed. But it sucks if all those people will start mining all together making the algorithm harder to solve

... around a 3k profit per month guaranteed. But it sucks if all those people will start mining all together making the algorithm harder to solve

It is very hard to get a handle on how many D3 Antminers have even been put up for sale.

Someone mentioned that bitmain could have up to 5000 units in 1 batch.

Taking into account that there will be other miners from Innosilicon and ibelink then difficulty will grow tremendously after people will receive their miners in Autumn.

And if Dash/fiat rate will remain the same then there is a huge chance that by November each D3 will give $20-$30 daily.

Seems with all the new Dash Miners out there, your chances of ever recovering your initial investment is close to zero! Massive decline in earnings the past two weeks. and the value of dash/bitcoin has not kept up. But there is something seriously wrong if mining profitability is fueling the growth bitcoin value.

Most tokens go through a predictable cycle.

1. Everybody can mine with anything and make money.
2. Must have gpu's or better to make money
3. Must have ASIC's to make money
4. Must have ASICS and inexpensive electricity
5. Must have lots of ASICS (like a pool), and cheap or free electricity and possibly a way to benefit from the waste heat.

Evan anticipated and planned for this, making it somewhat difficult, but not impossible to develop ASICS. None of the stages is necessarily wrong or bad, that's just how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back