• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mass marketing campaign using facial recognition

Should we give $5 to everyone who signs up using facial recognition ??

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
...and I really wish you wouldn't because it's starting to look like you're more interested in the images than anything else. The idea is great, it could do a great job of spreading awareness and do it where it matters most but I don't see it getting support unless privacy concerns are addressed.

the privacy concerns of who ? the people who get paid will have to sign yes to the T&C , if you are really worried about giving your picture, you can choose not to

Right Now, facial recognition is the only way of proving individuality in a fool proof and cheapest way possible

if you can suggest an alternative i am very happy to support that idea

You dont need charismatic leaders. Just increas the ammount of dividend, and a lot of "leaders" will be found.

The fact that all meetings occur concurrently, along with the presence of camera, guarantee that the meeting group says the truth.
You need a camera proof that the meeting is a closed door meeting, but you dont need facial recognition. The people may wear masks. The individuality is what matters, not the face. And the individuality is assured because of the concurrency of all the meetings.

so you want to organise nation wide meetings in a closed door setting and make sure you are able to capture all the footage in a Third world country

that requires enormous coordination at the level of holding a national election, thats simply not possible

Last edited:
the privacy concerns of who ? the people who get paid will have to sign yes to the T&C , if you are really worried about giving your picture, you can choose not to

Right Now, facial recognition is the only way of proving individuality in a fool proof and cheapest way possible

if you can suggest an alternative i am very happy to support that idea

Facial recognition is not the only way, neither it is the cheapest way possible. Neither it is safe, I could digitally use faces of other people and send them to you to "recognize" them.
I have already suggest the alternative. The alternative is the COMMUNITY that is formed in the meeting groups. The more community you have, the more truth.

I have answered your questions, and I am waiting for your rational arguments against my proposal.

Last edited:
You dont need charismatic leaders. Just increas the ammount of dividend, and a lot of "leaders" will be found.

The fact that all meetings occur concurrently, along with the presence of camera, guarantee that the meeting group says the truth.
You need a camera proof that the meeting is a closed door meeting, but you dont need facial recognition. The people may wear masks. The individuality is what matters, not the face. And the individuality is assured because of the concurrency of all the meetings.
Hi Demo,

I'm not sure if your suggestions are well intentioned or not... But they seem far too complex to ever be implemented. Sorry but that's just my opinion.

i haven't to be honest with you , do you have any links that explain the concept ??

i am really interested ...

An intro vid here:

Maybe others are better suited, the key imho is the user manages their ID rather than trusting someone else to manage it.

EDIT: Just some thoughts. Anyone signing up to this would have a smartphone, that's one piece of common ground that could be built on. Needs to be as simple as possible so if an open ID system was used it would probably need to be built into a wallet.

Last edited:
Hi Demo,

I'm not sure if your suggestions are well intentioned or not... But they seem far too complex to ever be implemented. Sorry but that's just my opinion.

And where is the complexity? Is it complex to print your wallet's public key? Is it complex to find a closed door room? Is it complex to find a ballot box, or a camera to broadcast the meeting?

The only complexity is the concurrency of the meetings. All meetings have to mutual agre at the time the concurency will take place. Athough there is also the option some meetings that are far away eachother to be allowed to occur in a non strict concurrent way. Given that it is imposible for an individual to attend a meeting, catch a plane and be able to attend the other meeting (which is far away from the first one).

An intro vid here:

Maybe others are better suited, the key imho is the user manages their ID rather than trusting someone else to manage it.

factom is a far better idea but for long term , you need an authority to validate your ID and getting that authority is biggest puzzle here

in fact if we manage to get people signed up using facial id or something else we can be that authority and create entries on factom

remember no govt authority will be open to dash given the fact they know we are trying to take away their currency printing power

Any better ideas ??

And where is the complexity? Is it complex to print your wallet's public key? Is it complex to find a closed door room? Is it complex to find a ballot box, or a camera to broadcast the meeting?

The only complexity is the concurrency of the meetings. All meetings have to mutual agre at the time the concurency will take place. Athough there is also the option some meetings that are far away eachother to be allowed to occur in a non strict concurrent way. Given that it is imposible for an individual to attend a meeting, catch a plane and be able to attend the other meeting (which is far away from the first one).

"The only complexity is the concurrency of the meetings." Demo, if you have any understanding of human nature, you will realize that what you are suggesting here is fundamentally impossible. (eg, like herding cats, or grabbing fresh air...)

it ain't going to happen.

So just forget it.

Don't waste everyone's time.

Thanks.

so you want to organise nation wide meetings in a closed door setting and make sure you are able to capture all the footage in a Third world country

that requires enormous coordination at the level of holding a national election, thats simply not possible

The coordination in a national level is not the initial step. Will you "face recognize" a whole nation? If not then why you expect my proposal to be applied in a whole nation initially?

Let initially, just a few meeting groups to occur concurrenty . Give them the financial support (which you refuse until now) and let the separate meeting groups coordinate eachother and trust eachother when they share the amount given to them. The more meeting groups will arrive, the more ways will be discovered in order to coordinate and trust eachother. It is their problem to check the validity of the procedure and trust one group another, it is not Dash's problem. Dash gives a fixed amount as universal dividend. If a group steals, this is a problem for the rest groups who receive less money, it is not Dash's problem.

And one day people will manage to coordinate in a national level, the same way people manage today to coordinate for the elections day.

Last edited:
factom is a far better idea but for long term , you need an authority to validate your ID and getting that authority is biggest puzzle here

in fact if we manage to get people signed up using facial id or something else we can be that authority and create entries on factom

remember no govt authority will be open to dash given the fact they know we are trying to take away their currency printing power

Any better ideas ??

Just had a glance over other digital ID projects, lots of government ones out there! Almost like they're in a panic to rush out their own standards ;) There's nothing to stop government issued IDs being used though, either digital or legacy. Driving licence or passport numbers would be ideal imho, some countries use birth certificates so maybe that's an option, maybe a hash of a postal address but that could probably be gamed, fingerprint readers might be an option if they can work with hashed identities... Those openID projects have probably all covered this ground, it could be worth scouting around them in case it's re-inventing the wheel and some might even want to get on board, it could be great promotion for them too.

Just had a glance over other digital ID projects, lots of government ones out there! Almost like they're in a panic to rush out their own standards ;) There's nothing to stop government issued IDs being used though, either digital or legacy. Driving licence or passport numbers would be ideal imho, some countries use birth certificates so maybe that's an option, maybe a hash of a postal address but that could probably be gamed, fingerprint readers might be an option if they can work with hashed identities... Those openID projects have probably all covered this ground, it could be worth scouting around them in case it's re-inventing the wheel and some might even want to get on board, it could be great promotion for them too.

If you care about privacy, then your proposition is even worst than the facial recognition. If you give the universal dividend to everyone who issues a government ID then more privacy is exposed. Because the governements have a lot more information for their citizens, than a simple facial recongition.

If you care about privacy, then your proposition is even worst than the facial recognition. If you give the universal dividend to everyone who issues a government ID then more privacy is exposed. Because the governements have a lot more information for their citizens, than a simple facial recongition.

couldnt agree more

giving away dash for free is stupid, it communicates it's worthless. collecting personal data is even more stupid, it communicates malicious intent.
try harder.

giving away dash for free is stupid.
Yes. And when a father fucks a mother, it also looks stupid, but a child is born.
We are talking about human lives who need 5$ to survive.
Stupid or not, it is out of the question of this debate.

Last edited:
giving away dash for free is stupid, it communicates it's worthless. collecting personal data is even more stupid, it communicates malicious intent.
try harder.
how about you come up with a better marketing ide, that can bring in tens of 1000s of users in the fastest and cheapest way possible ?

For the love of god , Marketing needs money to be spent so people get to see how the damn thing works.
unless someone knows and sees how the crypto works , a 100 youtube videos , airshows, banners, billboards will be useless

Back