• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Noob needing some help

joetoe

I am new to mining in general and to x11 mining I have been going about a week now. Can anyone help me in setting up a proper config file and some basic settings to get me going better than I am?

My basics:
Windows 7 64-bit
GPU:
Ati HD5450 w/14.6 drivers and 2.9 APP SDK using sgminer v5.1 (says win32 is there even a 64 for this)

CPU:
intel Pentium D 2.8 using cpuminer 1.2c

I know I wont break any speed records with any of this hardware but am trying to use it as a starting point to get familiar with x11( sha-256 seemed more just plug and play for mining, but a waste without ASIC)

My biggest issue I would like to think is setting up a proper config file. I have several sg miners I have downloaded: 5.1 and also sph-sgminer x11 mod and sph-sgminer x11mod b2. All seem to have very different configs in them with all sorts of settings some have the same while others have only a few.

I just want to wet up a basic config for a single p2pool with good starting settings for my gpu and have it be consistent in its hash rate. I have been getting around 50-90 kh/s with this card(is that low? I would like to think so lol)

any help would be super awesome thanks in advance.

Oh and one other thing I find curious, when I first started using sgminer I could adjust my memory and engine speeds, but today for whatever reason its not letting me?

Last edited by a moderator:
soooo spent some time away from dash mining scrypt with a few asic's and got bored so came on back lol. I had a little cash sitting and got an r7 360 to play with. Currently mining on a p2pool hashing around 2.05-2.25mh/s. anyone know if thats about all I can squeak out of it safely or can I get more out of it? oh and using sph-sgminer_x11mod with the x11mod kernal. any suggestions would be appreciated....

if you mean the settings in my conf file this is that I have it at currently:
"intensity" : "10",
"worksize" : "64",
"kernel" : "x11mod",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"shaders" : "768",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "1150",
"gpu-fan" : "autofan",
"gpu-memclock" : "1700",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "76",
"temp-overheat" : "75",
"temp-target" : "64",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "1",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "1",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

I've looked through what people use and have tried to adjust things to make it run better. though most seem to use the wolf0 bin file for a lot of mining and I dont think it would work for this as the r7 360 is bonaire I believe.

soooo spent some time away from dash mining scrypt with a few asic's and got bored so came on back lol. I had a little cash sitting and got an r7 360 to play with. Currently mining on a p2pool hashing around 2.05-2.25mh/s. anyone know if thats about all I can squeak out of it safely or can I get more out of it? oh and using sph-sgminer_x11mod with the x11mod kernal. any suggestions would be appreciated....
out of date miner and kernel, try www.dashminer.com, its proprietary but will automatically max out your settings( card will run hotter) and very simple .bat - only have intensity to adjust, payments are reliable and daily...

setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer.exe -o am -u wallet address -p [email protected] -I 18
pause

and if you want to adjust memory and clock install the latest afterburner (warning:- dashminer will override most settings), but you can still undervolt which is advised as much as possible before crashing,
http://download.cnet.com/MSI-Afterburner/3000-20432_4-75871628.html

thanks for the link to that. Works great and temps are decent even without running fans to much. Not gonna lie the % rather than hashrate numbers screws with me but meh. are there any miners that are more up do date than the sph-sgminer_x11 mod where I can change pools, etc? I like the one you posted sub ether though I like having more control in picking the pool.

Hi guys i have a the same set up.. But my os is win7 ultimate 32bit... I want to set up a gpu miner.. Can you help me set up..?

Back