• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Continuing 'Dash Detailed' weekly YouTube show

Would you vote to approve this proposal

• Total voters

I think retaining the Dash Detailed brand would be a good idea.

If a new show would have the same name (Dash Detailed) then I see this "continuing" more as a hijacking rather than retaining tbh. I would vote "no" in that case.

If a new show would have the same name (Dash Detailed) then I see this "continuing" more as a hijacking rather than retaining tbh. I would vote "no" in that case.

I don't think it's hijacking if it continues the same format. I mean, there are plenty of tv shows that continue even though the presenter(s) changes. But there are cases where viewer numbers drop because the new presenters fail to live up to the standards of the previous presenter. So for me, I would say, it's okay to continue Dash Detailed but the choice of presenter is very important. If it were me recruiting, my main criteria would be sex appeal, enthusiasm and confidence.

I don't think it's hijacking if it continues the same format. I mean, there are plenty of tv shows that continue even though the presenter(s) changes. But there are cases where viewer numbers drop because the new presenters fail to live up to the standards of the previous presenter. So for me, I would say, it's okay to continue Dash Detailed but the choice of presenter is very important. If it were me recruiting, my main criteria would be sex appeal, enthusiasm and confidence.
For some general tv show presenter is just a tip of the iceberg, so it probably makes sense to continue in such case. For Dash Detailed Amanda and Pete are the whole team behind it, they did all the work to make Dash Detailed a recognizable and reputable name. If new team is going to make a show in the same format they should choose new name IMO.

Back