• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Dash Branding for Sydney Harbour Racing Yacht

Would you support this proposal?

• YES

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • NO

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

David Mason

Hi, my name is David Mason, I would like to propose to the Dash network a 5 year sponsorship deal for my Sydney Harbour racing yacht. The total cost is 90 Dash, once off payment.

What does the sponsorship include?
  • Massive, 12ft x 5 ft Dash branding on the yacht's mainsail displaying the brand to the whole of Sydney for a minimum of five years (guaranteed for 5 years but in reality mainsails will last over 10 years).
  • The yacht competes in approximately forty races every year on the sparkling waters of Sydney Harbour and is seen by tens of thousands of people who are either out on the harbour or are along the shoreline.
  • Dash branding for crew members’ polo shirts.
  • Free rides on the yacht for Master Node operators when the yacht is racing.
  • 50% discount for Master Node operators on overnight chartering the yacht via airbnb
Budget Breakdown:
  • Dash branded Vectran Hybrid racing mainsail. USD 12,000
  • Logo printing and applying to the mainsail. USD 2,400
  • Dash branded Musto polo shirts for 18 crew. USD 1,800

Cost: $16,200 (110 Dash) + 5 DASH proposal fee
Total = 115

One-time payment
Conversion rate - $147 per dash - 30 day average.
Note - any currency gain will be spent on additional Dash branding (for example a dash branded spinnaker sail). Any currency related loss will be worn by me.

Project completion estimate - mid September

Question and Answers:

What is the objective?

To expose the DASH brand to Sydney Harbor yacht race participants, spectators, and tourists over a 5 year period – and to give Masternode Owners an amazing opportunity whenever they’re in Sydney!

What is the name of the boat?

The boat’s name is Europa and she’s a 45 foot Wauquiez C45s. She cost approximately USD 700,000.

Where is the boat docked?

The boat is docked as Cruising Yacht Club of Australia in the heart of Sydney, Australia. The CYCA owns, and is host of the prestigious Sydney-Hobart race.

Who is the skipper / owner of the boat?

My name is David Mason, I have competed the famed Sydney-Hobart race multiple times and have won numerous sailing trophies including the renowned Australian Bluewater Championship. I am also a professional Master 5 ship’s captain and he’s a Royal Yachting Association Yachtmaster Instructor.

For my ‘day job’ David I am an award winning TV executive and entrepreneur who, amongst other things, I instrumental in winning Sydney’s bid for to host the 2000 Olympic Games.

IMG_20170604_143311.jpg

When does the boat race?

During the Summer, the boat races in the twilight series which occurs on Wednesday nights. During winter, the boat races on Sundays.

Does the boat sail at any other times?

Yes, Europa is one of the most active yachts on the harbour. When she is not racing, she hosts airbnb guests. The yacht has been so successful for airbnb that it is, in fact, airbnb’s #1 listing across the whole of Sydney. The yacht was also listed by the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper as the #3 “most amazing place to stay” in the whole of Australia. You can check out the reviews. https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/973925

What graphic will be used on the sail?

Dash_Logo_Vector_Digital_Cash.png

Open to feed back on the proposed graphic.

Who sponsors some of the other boats on the harbour?

IMG_20170604_121604.jpg

18765072_10158784111290607_591831603_o.jpg

IMG_20161204_150722.jpg

Happy to receive feedback. David.

Edited:
AirBNB link
updated for 30 day average dash price
included refund of 5 Dash Proposal fee
Project completion estimate - mid September

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I am a crew member on David's boat.

I introduced David to Dash and encouraged him to put forward this proposal.

The boat races out of the most prestigious yacht club in Australia where there are lots of potential investors. With this proposal we get at least 5 years (probably 10) worth of exposure to the members of this club, spectators, tourists, and guests that are hosted on the boat overnight. The return on investment should be fantastic.

Now that we have our airforce, we just need a navy!!

IMG_20170215_190248.jpg

IMG_20170215_190238.jpg

Proposal Evaluation Committee

Hi David

As you know Dash is growing every day.
To deal with the increased number of proposal, a Proposal Evaluation Committee (PEC) has been created. This work is being done by volunteers (mostly Master Node Owners themselves).
We would like to know if you are planning to submit your proposal officially, i.e. Pay the 5 Dash to submit you Proposal?

If so, do you want the PEC (Proposal Evaluation Committee) to assist you in preparing your Pre-Proposal?

The Dash Network actually have had a Dash Project Proposal Template for a number of years and we try to get the pre-proposal owner to read and stick to it, as it includes every useful information for a MNO (Masternode Owner) to take an informed decision before voting on whether to pass your proposal or not.

If you have not done this yet, please read: How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ
As you adjust your Pre-Proposal to our feedback, the evaluation is adjusted and this may be done a number of times.
Each time the chance of your Proposal being accepted by the MNO’s will increase.
If you want to know who will be doing the Evaluations – see here: Official PEC Pre-P https://goo.gl/qrbeXK

The evaluations also have another function:
To give the MNO’s and community a Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. This list will save the MNO’s and everyone else time and increase the chance of your proposal gaining votes. It will also prevent your proposal from getting lost amongst the horde or prevent it from not being read, because it’s too long or non-conforming.
Whether you accept our help or not: we will be doing Reports on all Pre-Proposals near the end of the cycle to prepare the Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals.

If you do want to use our services (note this is a free service)
1. Please Private Message @Biltong on the Dash Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions Forum indicating that you want the help of the PEC, so we can assign a team to you. (just click on my picture)
2. Once you have read How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ you might want to adjust your Pre-Proposal before we submit our 1st Evaluation, so we’ll wait for you to give us the go-ahead before we start the evaluation process.
3. Again, PM me when you are ready for the 1st Evaluation.
4. Please note that we do not have that much time to give you feedback via the Evaluations. The final report has to be in 3 days before end of cycle and you have to have your last adjustments in 5 days before end of cycle : i.e.: Last Adjustments: 28 June.
5. We hope to receive at least 3 updates from you (if necessary) and provide you with the same number of Evaluation/Report feedbacks, but it does mean you and us will have to start asap.
6. To adjust your Pre-Proposal for the 1st evaluation will be a time consuming (+- 2 hours of work), but believe me it will be well worth your time if you are serious about getting your Proposal passed.

Good luck with your Proposal!

Hi David

As you know Dash is growing every day.
To deal with the increased number of proposal, a Proposal Evaluation Committee (PEC) has been created. This work is being done by volunteers (mostly Master Node Owners themselves).
We would like to know if you are planning to submit your proposal officially, i.e. Pay the 5 Dash to submit you Proposal?

If so, do you want the PEC (Proposal Evaluation Committee) to assist you in preparing your Pre-Proposal?

The Dash Network actually have had a Dash Project Proposal Template for a number of years and we try to get the pre-proposal owner to read and stick to it, as it includes every useful information for a MNO (Masternode Owner) to take an informed decision before voting on whether to pass your proposal or not.

If you have not done this yet, please read: How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal
As you adjust your Pre-Proposal to our feedback, the evaluation is adjusted and this may be done a number of times.
Each time the chance of your Proposal being accepted by the MNO’s will increase.
If you want to know who will be doing the Evaluations – see here: Official PEC Pre-P

The evaluations also have another function:
To give the MNO’s and community a Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. This list will save the MNO’s and everyone else time and increase the chance of your proposal gaining votes. It will also prevent your proposal from getting lost amongst the horde or prevent it from not being read, because it’s too long or non-conforming.
Whether you accept our help or not: we will be doing Reports on all Pre-Proposals near the end of the cycle to prepare the Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals.

If you do want to use our services (note this is a free service)
1. Please Private Message @Biltong on the Dash Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions Forum indicating that you want the help of the PEC, so we can assign a team to you. (just click on my picture)
2. Once you have read How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal you might want to adjust your Pre-Proposal before we submit our 1st Evaluation, so we’ll wait for you to give us the go-ahead before we start the evaluation process.
3. Again, PM me when you are ready for the 1st Evaluation.
4. Please note that we do not have that much time to give you feedback via the Evaluations. The final report has to be in 3 days before end of cycle and you have to have your last adjustments in 5 days before end of cycle : i.e.: Last Adjustments: 28 June.
5. We hope to receive at least 3 updates from you (if necessary) and provide you with the same number of Evaluation/Report feedbacks, but it does mean you and us will have to start asap.
6. To adjust your Pre-Proposal for the 1st evaluation will be a time consuming (+- 2 hours of work), but believe me it will be well worth your time if you are serious about getting your Proposal passed.

Good luck with your Proposal!

Hi Biltong, I am unfamiliar with the PEC process so @halso has agreed to assist. He will be in contact. Thanks.

One thing. Ask Halso to put part of your Proposal, maybe a detail doc, on Google Docs or somewhere, so that once you post your proposal you can update that doc afterwards as we give you feedback. You can't change the data on Dash Central itself AFIK

Hey guys,

giving that Dash is trading close to all time highs, exchange rate risk becomes a real problem for this (and other) proposals. Can i suggest using a 30 day average Instead of using the spot price?

This would mean an effective exchange rate of approximately $145 per dash.

The risk of this approach to the Treasury is that the proposal gets slightly over funded if the Dash price remains above $145. However this could be mitigated by a pledge to use any surplus funds on increased Dash branding, for example also include a dash branded spinnaker sail, or alternatively, any excess dash could be publicly burned.

The benefit of this approach is that proposal owners are more adequately protected from some of the exchange risk.

Anyone got any views?

This is great you Will have my votes. I also like that masternode halso is there that give me a feeling of trust.

good stuff , good price , gets my vote

this is much better than wasting 1000s of dash on 10 sec movie slots that other team is proposing

I think there is merit in both proposals.

It is possible that the product placement in the correct context could be seen by millions of people over a very long time span.

The viewing audience for the yacht advertising (although very bold) is limited to those people who are within the vicinity of the yacht. (With possible media exposure over time as well I guess.)

giving that Dash is trading close to all time highs, exchange rate risk becomes a real problem for this (and other) proposals. Can i suggest using a 30 day average Instead of using the spot price?

In my proposals I've used 30 day moving average.

Hi David & @halso
Halso - got your email:
Leonidas and Semarg will be your Evaluators. They will publish their report here in a couple of days.
Good luck ;)

... Can i suggest using a 30 day average Instead of using the spot price?..
I've been wondering about the same thing. Using an average seems reasonable... Would like to hear some more suggestions though?

BTW
Couple of things in How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ has been simplified to make you and David's lives easier;)
See Changes to Pre-Proposal and Note.

Good luck as always

Back