• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Mining Pre-Proposal - HowToMineDash.Com Dash Mining for Newbs

Are you in favor of this passing?

• Total voters

cryptomanna

Considering how important miners are to the infrastructure of the Dash ecosystem, I feel that there needs to be a site dedicated to a basic overview on how to mine Dash for newbs. When I first started mining there was a lot of research involved into the Dash network as to what would be necessary or even a possibility when mining for Dash. I am a web developer, not a programmer, so my technical skills are limited. I fumbled my way through the process and finally managed to secure a few Baikal miners, power them up, and get hashing away in a pool. I would really love to share some of this knowledge for future newcomers who are thinking about contributing to the Dash network with their mining efforts. There are a lot of technical aspects to mining and it would be helpful to deliver that info at a sort of "one-stop" site in a non overly-technical concise and clear manner. Since Dash is trying to make cryptocurrency easier to use for non-tech savvy people, then it makes sense to try and help make it easier to mine as well.

So, I propose to build the website, HowToMineDash.Com, which would cover a myriad of topics. I know there are a few resources out there and on the Dash.org site, but this would be more catered to the newbie who isn't going to build their own rig and will more than likely be buying one online. This site would seek to help newbs through that process in the safest and most cost effective manner. I believe this is important because there are a lot of scams out there and since this is so new not everything is documented really well which can cause frustration and deter people from getting involved. To be honest, dealing with all the sketchy websites that actually have ASIC miners has been a huge headache for me almost to the point where I gave up. I would hope this site could make the process a little less frustrating and make others feel more confident and a little safer in their attempt at mining so they don't give up along the way. See basic overview and notes below:

Timelime

3 Mo's

1st Month - Design & Development
2nd Month - Content Creation
3rd Month - Test & Launch

Funding

30 Dash for the website design/development, domain, and hosting
5 Dash for curating the content and creating step-by-step guides
=
35 Dash total

General Mining Info

PoW
X11 Algorithm
Hash Rate
GPUs Vs. ASICs
Hardware Vs. Cloud Mining (Reputable Companies)
Pools Vs. Solo Mining (Reputable Pools)
Electricity
Difficulty
Profitability

Getting Started - Step By Step Guides

1. How To Build a Miner - GPUs not cost effective and cumbersome, tell newbs about buying one
2. Where To Buy a Miner - Reputable known sites as well as known scam sites
3. How Much To Spend - Considering budget with desired hash rate
4. Finding the Right Power Supply - PSU Vs. AC Adapters
5. Powering On Your Miner - Connecting branch cables, blades, mobo, etc.
6. Connecting To A Pool - IP Scanner, etc.
7. Sending Mined Coins To Wallet -

Pricing Guide

Table of available miners with current fair market value

Miners

Makes, Models, Stats
In Production & Out of Production

Scams

Reputable Sites
Known Scam sites
New Potential Scams
How To Smell a Scam Walkthrough
Purchasing Tips

Resources

Difficulty Charts
Profitability Calculators
& Several Others

I welcome feedback and suggestions...Let me know what you guys think.

Maybe you could just take control of a page at dash.org to do this. Having all of our information at a single verified and well known domain seems like a good idea.
I may have missed an important point though. I think the service to cost ratio is good and I would vote for this. But please explore my suggestion.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest here so I won't be pursuing this proposal. Thanks for the few people who responded.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest here so I won't be pursuing this proposal. Thanks for the few people who responded.
There are very few active MNO. I mean only about 25% seem to bother voting and about 1% leave comments on pre-proposals.

There are very few active MNO. I mean only about 25% seem to bother voting and about 1% leave comments on pre-proposals.
Well that's a shame, but kudos to you sir. I appreciate your input and I might try doing this project on my own during the course of the next year if I can carve out extra time. I have a few mining rigs going so hopefully here in the near future I might be able to join you as a MN owner/operator and help contribute further around here.

Back