• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

UPDATES: I'm Doubling The Dash Given Away For Dash Art Contest: 85+ Submissions So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stellabelle

So yesterday, I posted about the Dash Art Contest on Steemit, to generate more money to give away to the Honorable Mention category. So far I've raised about an extra $50 from Steemit. It takes 7 days for the amount to accrue, and downvotes could occur, but I'll just donate that $50 anyway. There are so many interesting art submissions, that I've decided to create a lot of honorable mentions which will each be winning .1 Dash. When I did a rough estimate on the amount of Dash the contest will be giving away, I came up with over 6.5 Dash. This is double what I had originally intended. The submissions kind of blew me away, so I decided to go ahead and give away twice as much, due to the popularity and number of submissions. Right now there are over 85 art submissions!

This has gone way beyond my expectations and it also indicates that there's a very vibrant and energetic Dash community that lies just beneath the surface.

Another big milestone has been reached for our Dash For Newbies Medium publication:
We now have 323 subscribers and growing fast. This is a big number considering I just created the blog in the middle of March. And as I suspected, there are a lot of tech savvy people who are getting curious about Dash, and who also use Medium as one of the primary places they do their research. People who use Medium regularly have more respect for the content on that platform than on regular websites. So, I am very encouraged by these numbers so far and the quality of people we are attracting. I'm continuing to write pieces on Hackernoon, which exposes more people to Dash and generates trust too.

In other news: I just ordered business cards with the Dash logo on one side and the Steemit logo on the other. I see these two digital coin communities as being synergistic, and also, I look forward to helping build out the Dash Community on Steemit, once the communities feature gets implemented.

Building communities and cultivating creative solutions are my primary goals for Dash. After the art contest ends, I'll be doing another contest in June, but am in the brainstorming phase. I'm thinking of something in the "real" world....stay tuned. And working more closely with Tao, and Dash Nation to form more synergy, cooperation and team work.

Other developments: I'm now hosting a monthly Digital Currency Happy Hour in my city, Kansas City. I'll be giving people small amounts of Dash and explaining what it's all about. People can find out more about this here on our Dash For Newbies Facebook Page. Something I do every Sunday on our Facebook Page is hide the Dash logo in a photo/image, and the first person to find it wins some Dash. I've given away I think .5 Dash so far (I actually cannot remember the amounts, it's something I'm working on getting better about).....and I plan on continuing to do this every Sunday. It definitely gets people to pay attention! Can you find the hidden Dash logo in the latest one?

IMG_8982_3.jpg

Here's how I'm leveraging my high reputation in Steemit to help spread the word about Dash:

https://steemit.com/dash/@stellabel...-will-be-donated-to-honorable-mention-winners

As a final reminder, if you want to donate any Dash to the Honorable Mention category, you can send Dash to:

XmXjnXTs5CcYT9fAAeov7Lsoem9PRuEhHe

Thank you!

Last edited:
If you had a spike from hk / ph in the last couple of days, that was me :-D if not, sorry, I will try harder next time around!

If you had a spike from hk / ph in the last couple of days, that was me :-D if not, sorry, I will try harder next time around!

Phillipines?
Thanks! I have noticed a spike today, and maybe it was because of your efforts, so thank you!
Where are you sharing it? Am i following you on twitter already? if not, find me, @stellabelle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back