• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

dashmnb feature request

camosoul

It would be slick if this
Code:
# default address to send payout coins in hw wallet if reveiving_address in masternode.conf is blank.
# this is not changing payment address of mn
# command -m and -x will use
default_receiving_address = 'XepfhD6a8sxzm59eVCbj9TaLX3hYCxZdnJ'
Could use a BIP32 xpub instead, and chase every payout to a unique address in my trezor automatically.

Would make association a little less obvious, and payouts still as secure as if they had stood still.

I am not sure I understand your request fully.

default_receiving_address and reveiving_address(last column at of each mn in masternode.conf) are used when transfering MN earnings.

dashmnb uses 0.0001 as min_fee and calculate fee using 0.0001 / KB.

If dashmnb uses an account_no/account_index(increased automatically to unnused) of a trezor as pay_to address( == default_receiving_address == reveiving_address) when transfering MN earnings, each tx(1 input tx) will have 0.0001 as min_fee.

Current dashmnb can have 4 ~5 input txs with fee of 0.0001.

Not about the fee.

Just automatically put each payout a unique address. Adds a little plausible deniability to the payments collecting and being associated as a "known owner of X MNs."

here coin movement
current : mn payout ---> collateral address ---> on excution of dashmnb -x ---> default_receiving_address or reveiving_address
BIP32 xpub : mn payout ---> collateral address ---> on excution of dashmnb -x ---> uniq address

collateral address is not changed.

here coin movement
current : mn payout ---> collateral address ---> on excution of dashmnb -x ---> default_receiving_address or reveiving_address
BIP32 xpub : mn payout ---> collateral address ---> on excution of dashmnb -x ---> uniq address

collateral address is not changed.
Yes, but when they all keep collecting in the same place, it allows one to presume that a certain group of MNs are all owned by the same person. The way a wallet combines sends and the denomination process...

Last edited:
Yes, but when they all keep collecting in the same place, it allows one to presume that a certain group of MNs are all owned by the same person. The way a wallet combines sends and the denomination process...

each mn can have different reveiving_address.

Code:
# Masternode config file
# Format: alias IP:port masternodeprivkey collateral_output_txid collateral_output_index [address_to_send]
# address_to_send --> address to send mn earnings in hw wallet. this is not changing payment address of mn.
# use diffrent address for each mn for privacy, leave blank to use default address in config.py
# Example: mn1 127.0.0.2:19999 93HaYBVUCYjEMeeH1Y4sBGLALQZE1Yc1K64xiqgX37tGBDQL8Xg 2bcd3c84c84f87eaa86e4e56834c92927a07f9e18718810b92e0d0324456a67c 0 yb8ogpTftZrKfYDtv6ZhprGF3cMvuSipf7

each mn can have different reveiving_address.

Code:
# Masternode config file
# Format: alias IP:port masternodeprivkey collateral_output_txid collateral_output_index [address_to_send]
# address_to_send --> address to send mn earnings in hw wallet. this is not changing payment address of mn.
# use diffrent address for each mn for privacy, leave blank to use default address in config.py
# Example: mn1 127.0.0.2:19999 93HaYBVUCYjEMeeH1Y4sBGLALQZE1Yc1K64xiqgX37tGBDQL8Xg 2bcd3c84c84f87eaa86e4e56834c92927a07f9e18718810b92e0d0324456a67c 0 yb8ogpTftZrKfYDtv6ZhprGF3cMvuSipf7
Nice, but it would be better if it could send to a unique address every time based on an HD seed.

Nice, but it would be better if it could send to a unique address every time based on an HD seed.

transfering mn earnings is not automatic.

When you send coins in a wallet, those txs(sent to a unique addresses) are collected and used as inputs of a single tx.
So I can't see any advantage with unique addresses.

I have asked using bip32_path(xpub/tpub) when transfering mn earnings on dashnation slack.
And I am working on bip32 version dashmnb.

edit: done

@camosoul feature added.

Ref:
chaeplin May 20, 2017 21:10

I have received a feature request use a unique address when transfering ms earnings. Is there any advantage using a unique address ? https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashmnb-feature-request.14958/

macrochip May 20, 2017 21:12

I see no value. Masternode rewards are newly created coins and it's well known that every Masternode gets paid every X days. So what's the privacy concern?

It adds unnecessary complexity to solve a problem that does not exist. Miners don't want their incomes privatized either because they simply have no history attached

ericsammons May 20, 2017 21:15

I don't know about a privacy advantage, but it would be nice simply as a convenience: you wouldn't have to first transfer the funds away from your MN address on your Trezor before spending them.

noobtrader May 20, 2017 21:17

im thinking about security, isnt an address which never been used to send anything more secure than address which used often ?

macrochip May 20, 2017 21:17

From the thread: _when they all keep collecting in the same place, it allows one to presume that a certain group of MNs are all owned by the same person._ <<- Hmm?? My Masternodes get paid to their own addresses. There is no association between them. Does a hardware wallet send all funds from all MNs to the same address?!

I never used a HW-wallet so I have no clue, but that sentence doesn't make sense to me

kali May 20, 2017 21:24

when you send your earnings to one place

macrochip May 20, 2017 21:27

lol explains the high volume then

@kali So you mean the manual transfer of funds to the HW-wallet?

I begin to understand. I thought the collateral is held on the HW wallet and earnings also go to it

The problem exists in sending out the funds to someplace else?

kali May 20, 2017 21:29

HD wallet works the same with your MN as your dash core wallet.

yes

when you collect tthem in one place

macrochip May 20, 2017 21:29

But that's a manual process and is independent from a hardware wallet's functionality then

kali May 20, 2017 21:30

unique addresse would be a nice idea. When you collect your fresh dashes to one place from those addresses no one know what your MN's are

macrochip May 20, 2017 21:31

Ok that makes sense. I wasn't clear on the direction of funds earlier.

Theoretically we could solve 2 problems at once here (one being only temporary though) by mixing Masternode rewards instantly and adding them to the private balance of the receiving wallet which in turn creates high mixing liquidity across the whole network

brainshutdown May 20, 2017 21:37

not for all denominations...

kali May 20, 2017 21:37

plus fresh dashes are mixed, wchich would be awesome

brainshutdown May 20, 2017 21:37

but great for the smaller ones

kali May 20, 2017 21:37

1's and 0,1's only

macrochip May 20, 2017 21:37

Yeah denoms would be problematic

kali May 20, 2017 21:38

you could do 0.001's then

brainshutdown May 20, 2017 21:38

it would cover 1, 0.1 and 0.01 that's like 90%

the whales can wait xD

macrochip May 20, 2017 21:39

Could be solved through accumulation and payouts only once a month to construct matching denominations from multiple rewards

kali May 20, 2017 21:39

but the wallet with your earnings wold have to be online I guess

I don't know how evolution is going to work

brainshutdown May 20, 2017 21:40

maybe sentinel could handle it

macrochip May 20, 2017 21:40

The Masternodes do the mixing among themselves. They have exclusive access to the new funds

It would be like receiving a standard MN reward. No online wallet needed for that either. Difference is it goes directly to your private balance instead

May 20, 2017

brainshutdown May 20, 2017 21:41

if mn payouts become governance objetcs...

kali May 20, 2017 21:42

but denominations need to go to your new created adrresses, that needs an online wallet, at least now

MN synchronises them to be created at the same time with others

brainshutdown May 20, 2017 21:44

with evolution your addresses will be managed automagically

if you choose that way

kali May 20, 2017 21:45

I think we should live it to andy, chaplin, moocowmoo and others to get a better idea

brainshutdown May 20, 2017 21:46

definitely

kali May 20, 2017 21:46

we can overcomplex it like gmaxwell likes to do

brainshutdown May 20, 2017 21:46

lol

I'm just talking wine induced stuff

not trading advice

macrochip May 20, 2017 21:58

I think it's a good breeding ground for new ideas. We had lots of great discussions like that in here.

It would be slick if this
Code:
# default address to send payout coins in hw wallet if reveiving_address in masternode.conf is blank.
# this is not changing payment address of mn
# command -m and -x will use
default_receiving_address = 'XepfhD6a8sxzm59eVCbj9TaLX3hYCxZdnJ'
Could use a BIP32 xpub instead, and chase every payout to a unique address in my trezor automatically.

Would make association a little less obvious, and payouts still as secure as if they had stood still.

Last edited:
Back