• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash "clubs" as Facebook groups

Tizswa

Hi everyone,
I think that to get people involved in something new and revolutionary like Dash is, it needs time.
It does because is human nature to be scared about something new. Something that, even if better than what we already have, it's not yet common used. That's why I like to spend time spreading the information about this technology and trying to reach more people as possible, just to start to put something in their minds, so that with time won't be "so scary" anymore.

I had this idea, what if starting to have kind of countries clubs for Dash in every country, written in the country's language and accessible to everyone, even if only interested in understanding what a digital currency is, or why it represent the future?
At the moment a very easy and free way would be to create groups on Facebook, I started creating this one for Italy, and I consider it as a "club" that people could use to get informed and have their answer replied in an easy way from the community:

DASH - Digital Cash Italia
https://www.facebook.com/groups/451625985170449/

I would like to know what do you think about it.
Tiziano

I like the idea of DASH clubs, but I am against facebook. It is a shame, for a community which supports anonymity, to have its clubs in facebook.
If the community decides against anonymity, I will not follow.

I like the idea of DASH clubs, but I am against facebook. It is a shame, for a community which supports anonymity, to have its clubs on facebook.
If the community decides against anonymity, I will not follow.
I see your point, but the goal here is to have DASH as a worldwide digital currency used from everyone, even my mother. What I mean is that, if we want to reach everybody we should be easier to reach. The way of thinking is not having DASH official clubs on Facebook, but Facebook Dash clubs. Something that represents DASH also there, where the common people are. Then who is pro-Facebook could be informed about DASH, who will never join Facebook doesn't have to. It would be a plus for spreading the knowledge about Digital Cash.

I see your point, but the goal here is to have DASH as a worldwide digital currency used from everyone, even my mother.

This is your idea. Not mine.
I dont want DASH to be used by your mother, unless your mother is really digitally literate.
Beware of the stupids , they are going to destroy the coin when they will arrive.
If you want to invite them, first educate them. And the first chapter of education is: dont use facebook.

This is your idea. Not mine.
I dont want DASH to be used by your mother, unless your mother is really digitally literate.
Beware of the stupids , they are going to destroy the coin when they will arrive.
If you want to invite them, first educate them. And the first chapter of education is: dont use facebook.
So, this means that having an account on FB indicates you are a "digitally illiterate"? Ok, but this is your idea.
Yes, mine is that everyone one day should be able to use DASH in an easy way, and I think this is the community's goal. What do you think Evolution will be used for?

So it means that having an account on FB indicates you are a "digitally illiterate"?
It means that you dont care to protect your anonymity and your digital identity.
It means that you expose your data to the spies.
This makes you dangerous for a coin which goal is to compete the current worldwide monetary system.
Of course not everyone here has the same ideas as mine.
There are some tendencies here, that want to transform dash into a systemic coin, like bitcoin is.
Go join them, and if you will manage to destroy dash, a new dash will appear.

Last edited:
This makes you dangerous for a coin which goal is to compet the current worldwide monetary system.
I think that what I personally do with money, whatever kind of money it is, could affect my image and not the credibility of the coin. But at the same time, if this form of payment is used only between an "elite" group of limited persons, and not accessible to the 99.9% of the world's population, it worths nothing.

I think that what I personally do with money, whatever kind of money it is, could affect my image and not the credibility of the coin. But at the same time, if this form of payment is used only between an "elite" group of limited persons, and not accessible to the 99.9% of the world's population, it worths nothing.

The digital coin of the future needs to be governed, and only those who are digitally literate will be able to govern it.
It is like if you want to become a member of a parliament, but you are blind, deaf, mute and you dont know how to read and how to write. You dont deserve to vote for the laws of this parliament, if you are like that. You are an irrational beast which votes randomly, and the community dont wants you to participate. If you want to participate to this parliament, you must first learn how to read and how to write, and you must be able to communicate with the others and understand them.

Last edited:
This coin need to be governed, and only digitally literate will be able to govern it.
It is like if you want to become member of a parliament, and you are deaf, mute and you dont know how to read and how to write.
You dont deserve to vote for the laws of the parliement, if you are like that.
You are an irrational beast which votes randomly, and the community dont wants you to participate.
I think that the DAO structure is already thought to avoid this problem, you can vote only if you have a MN, if you have 1000 DASH in your wallet I guess you know how all this works and I really doubt you could be so "digitally illiterate". Then if my Mother wants to became "literate" what would be the way? Should she read the threads on this forum? I don't think so. I could talk about DASH with her, but my time is limited and I cannot talk with all the persons I care I would like to inform about how this technology is the right way.
Now I understood you don't like FB, I can agree with you. And what about YouTube? What about Twitter? What about a blog? They are the same. You would like to spread a digital money, with a not digital way?
My idea goes exactly to your direction, I want to have digitally literate people using DASH, and the biggest number we can. If they are not, they can become and every way is useful.
Said that, I thank you for sharing your idea and your critics, I like to have such discussions.

I think that the DAO structure is already thought to avoid this problem, you can vote only if you have a MN, if you have 1000 DASH in your wallet I guess you know how all this works and I really doubt you could be so "digitally illiterate"..

Of course not. Having 1000 Dash does not makes you digitally literate.
Most of the Masternode owners are tottaly stupid, and this is a huge problem over here.

Then if my Mother wants to became "literate" what would be the way? Should she read the threads on this forum? I don't think so. I could talk about DASH with her, but my time is limited and I cannot talk with all the persons I care I would like to inform about how this technology is the right way.

I dont know how, but your mother should learn what is a public and a private key, and how those can be used in order to implement various cryptographic protocols that will be usefull for the digital coin of the future (that wants to compete the worldwide monetary system).
She should be able to understand and recognise the basic components of the digital coin, and vote its parameters in order to protect it from the attacks.

I dont know how, but your mother should learn what is a public and a private key, and how those can be used in order to implement various cryptographic protocols that will be usefull for the digital coin of the future (that wants to compete the worldwide monetary system)
Exactly this would be the failure of the system, to think that to use some money to pay you should know how the printer prints it. It makes no sense. I repeat, one of the biggest ongoing projects here is "Evolution" and it represents exactly the opposite you are writing.

Exactly this would be the failure of the system, to think that to use some money to pay you should know how the printer prints it. It makes no sense. I repeat, one of the biggest ongoing projects here is "Evolution" and it represents exactly the opposite you are writing.

You are wrong. This is not a printer. This is a coin that must be governed. And those who govern the coin must definitely know what they are doing.
I dont care what "Evolution" is, but if it is what you describe, this is not an evolution but a demolition.
Whatever your efforts are to destroy the digital cash of the future, in order to protect the current worldwide monetary system, this coin will arise. It may have not the name DASH, but it will arise for sure.

You are wrong. This is not a printer. This is a coin that must be governed. And those who govern the coin must definitely know what they are doing.
I dont care what "Evolution" is, but if it is what you describe, this is not an evolution but a demolition.
But you are going off topic, I'm talking about information and end user scalability, not Governance.

But you are going off topic, I'm talking about information and end user scalability, not Governance.

And I am talking about governance, as a prerequisite for whatever digital coin aims to become the dominant coin of the future.
The governance is an inevitable step. If you target against the efective governance, you target against the coin itself.
The user scalability should not make the governance less efective. If it does, then this kind of scalability is not welcome.

And I am talking about governance, as a prerequisite for whatever digital coin aims to become the dominant coin of the future.
The governance is an inevitable step. If you target against the efective governance, you target against the coin itself.
The user scalability should not make the governance less efective. If it does, then this kind of scalability is not welcome.
Then discuss about it in another thread, because you went off topic.

Whatever your efforts are to destroy the digital cash of the future, in order to protect the current worldwide monetary system, this coin will arise. It may have not the name DASH, but it will arise for sure.
So, you don't care about the core project of the technology, you don't care about the name. Well, I don't think it's me going against this community..

Then discuss about it in another thread, because you went off topic.

It is not off topic, as long as you want to invite digitally illiterate peope in dash, who will turn the governance of dash more inefective.

Back