• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cheapest, Easiest Exchange/Service For GBP

Acedian

I am in the UK. Does anyone know of a service that is cheap and easy to use when exchanging GBP to Dash?

If so, please give total fee charged and any other relevant information.

Kraken doesn't do GBP to Dash, only GBP - BTC - Dash and their GBP fees are pretty high.

I'd like a good solution to this too @Acedian, GBP seems to get forgotten. I had to buy some Dash with GBP just yesterday and, after working out the rate if I bought BTC from Localbitcoins then transferred to Poloniex to exchange for Dash, I decided there was very little cost advantage over just buying through Bittylicious, paying over the odds and getting the coins instantly.

I would love to have a way to exchange GBP to Dash and vice-versa at market rates.

There is a real problem here that needs to be addressed. The whole Brexit debacle is the perfect opportunity to win adoption from people in the UK who are worried about the future of the Pound Sterling, yet it's a nightmare to buy dash in GBP! I love Bittylicious but it's always at least £5 per dash above market price. I've tried Coinfloor this morning, which looks a little bit cheaper but they want to confirm my address by sending a code to me IN THE POST! Since international mail takes at least a fortnight to reach me that scuppers my plans somewhat. I'm told that Wall of Coins has lots of sellers in the UK but right now none of them are advertising. Although Kraken is now my go-to exchange for euros, their fees are high when it comes to GBP but they don't even have a GBP/DASH pair.

Today I have bought Bitcoin on Localbitcoins and then exchanged it for Dash on Poloniex, but I've still ended up paying well above the market price and this is just too complicated for new recruits to Dash to deal with. Brexit is happening, GBP > Dash and vice versa is more necessary every day, and I just feel it's a market that has been completely overlooked.

Running into the same issue, I'm looking to make a proposal and I need to buy 5 Dash.

Currently I cannot find a competitive exchange, they all seem to charge a massive premium, about £7.50 per Dash.

Running into the same issue, I'm looking to make a proposal and I need to buy 5 Dash.

Currently I cannot find a competitive exchange, they all seem to charge a massive premium, about £7.50 per Dash.

Its a problem with all Cryptos and GBP.
That means there is a market for a supplier/local merchant at reasonable rates. Anyone want to set one up with me?

Well, first I want to make it clear that while I am a big fan of Dash, I would also look at such a project as an investment opportunity and, as such, would certainly want to include at least bitcoin, ETH and ETC, XMR, XRP, and probably others. Which would be a direct exchange with GBP (and maybe other fiat) is another question.

Yeah, well I was thinking of something akin to localbitcoins but covering a greater range of cryptocoins. Multiple fiats to choose from and multiple coins.

I think the main thing that is missing is a true exchange with market making and taking, the current uk 'exchanges' don't list bids and asks in a meaningful way so price discovery is inefficient at best.

I don't get it.. I haven't seen Kraken charging big premiums for GBP-DASH... and I don't have to go through BTC

It depends on the size of the transaction, certainly the £60 fee to withdraw in GBP is an issue for me.

Although the £10 to deposit isn't that bad the other way.

Just wish we had those SEPA fees - free deposit and €0.09 withdrawal.

Back