Cheapest, Easiest Exchange/Service For GBP

Acedian

Mar 17, 2017
Dash Address
XeMABbcebB5yeZH2HxsV7yLNJA9hbzMgpz
I am in the UK. Does anyone know of a service that is cheap and easy to use when exchanging GBP to Dash?

If so, please give total fee charged and any other relevant information.

Acedian

Mar 17, 2017
Dash Address
So, does that mean nothing exists that doesn't cost you 5%+?

Tallyho

Mar 15, 2015
Kraken doesn't do GBP to Dash, only GBP - BTC - Dash and their GBP fees are pretty high.

I'd like a good solution to this too @Acedian, GBP seems to get forgotten. I had to buy some Dash with GBP just yesterday and, after working out the rate if I bought BTC from Localbitcoins then transferred to Poloniex to exchange for Dash, I decided there was very little cost advantage over just buying through Bittylicious, paying over the odds and getting the coins instantly.

I would love to have a way to exchange GBP to Dash and vice-versa at market rates.

7dhdaQhZ

Mar 6, 2016
I've used:

GBP-> Coinfloor for BTC
BTC-> Kraken or Poloniex for Dash

Works quite well

Tallyho

Mar 15, 2015
There is a real problem here that needs to be addressed. The whole Brexit debacle is the perfect opportunity to win adoption from people in the UK who are worried about the future of the Pound Sterling, yet it's a nightmare to buy dash in GBP! I love Bittylicious but it's always at least £5 per dash above market price. I've tried Coinfloor this morning, which looks a little bit cheaper but they want to confirm my address by sending a code to me IN THE POST! Since international mail takes at least a fortnight to reach me that scuppers my plans somewhat. I'm told that Wall of Coins has lots of sellers in the UK but right now none of them are advertising. Although Kraken is now my go-to exchange for euros, their fees are high when it comes to GBP but they don't even have a GBP/DASH pair.

Today I have bought Bitcoin on Localbitcoins and then exchanged it for Dash on Poloniex, but I've still ended up paying well above the market price and this is just too complicated for new recruits to Dash to deal with. Brexit is happening, GBP > Dash and vice versa is more necessary every day, and I just feel it's a market that has been completely overlooked.

Syntheist

Apr 27, 2017
Running into the same issue, I'm looking to make a proposal and I need to buy 5 Dash.

Currently I cannot find a competitive exchange, they all seem to charge a massive premium, about £7.50 per Dash.

Apr 23, 2017
Running into the same issue, I'm looking to make a proposal and I need to buy 5 Dash.

Currently I cannot find a competitive exchange, they all seem to charge a massive premium, about £7.50 per Dash.
Its a problem with all Cryptos and GBP.
That means there is a market for a supplier/local merchant at reasonable rates. Anyone want to set one up with me?

Chr1sG

May 10, 2017
Its a problem with all Cryptos and GBP.
That means there is a market for a supplier/local merchant at reasonable rates. Anyone want to set one up with me?
Hi Thomas, If you're serious about a DASH-GBP exchange, I'm interested. How do you wanna take it from here?

Apr 23, 2017
Well, first I want to make it clear that while I am a big fan of Dash, I would also look at such a project as an investment opportunity and, as such, would certainly want to include at least bitcoin, ETH and ETC, XMR, XRP, and probably others. Which would be a direct exchange with GBP (and maybe other fiat) is another question.

Chr1sG

May 10, 2017
Yeah, well I was thinking of something akin to localbitcoins but covering a greater range of cryptocoins. Multiple fiats to choose from and multiple coins.

Syntheist

Apr 27, 2017
I think the main thing that is missing is a true exchange with market making and taking, the current uk 'exchanges' don't list bids and asks in a meaningful way so price discovery is inefficient at best.

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 12, 2015
I don't get it.. I haven't seen Kraken charging big premiums for GBP-DASH... and I don't have to go through BTC

Syntheist

Apr 27, 2017
It depends on the size of the transaction, certainly the £60 fee to withdraw in GBP is an issue for me.

Although the £10 to deposit isn't that bad the other way.

Just wish we had those SEPA fees - free deposit and €0.09 withdrawal.

Syntheist

Apr 27, 2017
Is a UK deposit to Kraken a local or international transaction?
Don't know yet, I've been waiting on level 3 verification for 3 weeks.
Almost certainly will be international, none of the UK based exchanges even have UK bank accounts.
Which reminds me, if that is the case then my bank will charge me £22 to send on top of the £10 fee from the exchange.

Acedian

Mar 17, 2017
Dash Address
Why are there now exchanges with a UK bank account?!

Last edited:

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
Don't know yet, I've been waiting on level 3 verification for 3 weeks.
Almost certainly will be international, none of the UK based exchanges even have UK bank accounts.
Which reminds me, if that is the case then my bank will charge me £22 to send on top of the £10 fee from the exchange.
Verification shouldn't take 3 weeks.. just a day or two.. certainly within a week. Try prompting them, sounds like you've somehow fell through the cracks.

UK payments go through SEPA, your bank shouldn't be charging you 22 pound! It's like 9 pence or something.

Syntheist

Apr 27, 2017
UK payments go through SEPA, your bank shouldn't be charging you 22 pound! It's like 9 pence or something.
They do, the issue is that if I use euro my bank charges me 3% on exchange rate plus £10 what-are-you-going-to-do-about-it fee. If I send GBP to a foreign account its straight £22.

I'm with RBS, maybe they are just rubbish.

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
They do, the issue is that if I use euro my bank charges me 3% on exchange rate plus £10 what-are-you-going-to-do-about-it fee. If I send GBP to a foreign account its straight £22.

I'm with RBS, maybe they are just rubbish.
Yes, maybe look around to see what other banks are charging.

moonshiner

Aug 9, 2018
I am in the UK. Does anyone know of a service that is cheap and easy to use when exchanging GBP to Dash?

If so, please give total fee charged and any other relevant information.
i used the website cryptomate to buy my DASH with £GBP, was a mark up on it but kinda expect that, buy the dip and works out good :)

dianadsouza

Jul 14, 2017
UK
coinpedia.org
Despite countless exchanges for cryptocurrency specifically, Bitcoin; Poloniex Exchange still remains a leader. It has been surviving in this industry holding endless features that traders always search for. Poloniex prides itself for providing advanced trading functionalities and maximum security.

Jet Cash

Jan 4, 2019
I'd like to buy a bit of Dash, and pay using Sterling via a faster payments bank transfer.
It looks as if P2P is the best way to do this, is this true?