• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal Idea - Collateralized ATM Funding

Please select what applies to you.

• Nope, not interested at all.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Capital Requirements are too intense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't want the legal issues

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Theft risk is too high

• Yes, i would get 1

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, sign me up for 2-5

• Total voters

ampp

The idea is simple in theory at least.

You would deposit your dash into a fund, lets say 40 dash.

Masternodes would approve groups of say 10 branded machines. You would deploy and manage the machine based on community guidelines.

There could be a few options.
And receive your dash back at a slow fixed rate over X years assuming machine is up.
Or buy out and receive dash - current usd value.

We could also have a insurance fund.

Another idea is to do this through treasury proposal.
Operators would contribute to a bulk buy fund, this would be used to purchase bulk machines. A 12 month proposal would be made in dash and payouts would be made monthly by a selected manager.

From a business standpoint i do think a proposal like this needs to happen. Running ATMs is expensive, high risk and a lot of work but the physical presence is second to none. As price continues to move up anyone seeking to sped their dash on a ATM would probably lose money over keeping that money in Dash. A plan like this would hedge against that. With enough machines out there it would also put pressure on them to add Dash as a purchase option. I would also allow operators to decide to allow other cryptos. These machines would have to have low fees.

There would have to be someone to maintain the machines in the event of failure or damage. This will limit the areas that would get ATMs.

There would have to be someone to maintain the machines in the event of failure or damage. This will limit the areas that would get ATMs.
Yeah, these machines would be operated by anyone willing to deal with them. Not a organized team that Masternodes create. Community wise it would be oversight and payout.

I like very much the idea in theory... now I would need a very much detailed plan for it
Yeah, before spending the time doing all the legwork on something like this it would be nice to know if at least 20 could be deployed in one go. Perhaps this is the wrong part of the forum to get that data.

Back