• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[IDEA] QT Core Wallet premixing to another wallet (e.g. mobile)

lynx

While reading this thread, and idea came to me. A mobile wallet isn't well suited to mixing coins as needed for privatesend. But the QT wallet could potentially send the mixed coins to it. How? On the last round of mixing, it can just tell the MN to send the coin to an address of that wallet. Those can be derived from a master public key, for instance. @UdjinM6

Now all that is needed is that the mobile wallet is aware that those addresses are mixed coins, and this can be done either manually or automatically (by seeing if the coin is of the right denomination and came from a anonymization-round-looking transaction). That way, mobile wallets that wanted to, could support this sort of privatesend. @HashEngineering

Since in this use case I'm assuming you control both wallets, there shouldn't be any security concerns. Any thoughts?

Once we have HD wallet in Core (hopefully in 0.12.2.x) you'll be able to start desktop wallet with the same seed/mnemonic as mobile, send funds to that wallet and mix as usual. All devices with the same seed should follow the same derivation path and thus mixed funds should be directly available on all of them.

This is an interesting idea. The Dash Wallet for android uses a particular derivation path that is not compatible with other software, such as Jaxx and Coinomi. It remains to be seen what derivation path Dash Core will use.

This is an interesting idea. The Dash Wallet for android uses a particular derivation path that is not compatible with other software, such as Jaxx and Coinomi. It remains to be seen what derivation path Dash Core will use.
AFAIK Core will use m/44'/5'/k' - just like like Trezor and KeepKey

Aiming for bip44 compatible scheme i.e. "m / purpose' / coin_type' / account' / change / address_index" -> "m/44'/5'/0'/[0|1]/k"
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/1405/files#diff-67a7a232bdd1149d2041d8748bca535bR42
(chain split for change is yet to be implemented, all keys are derived as external in this PR i.e. "m/44'/5'/0'/0/k")

Back