• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How do you check if the Originator of a Proposal is a Con-artist?

Biltong

Last edited:
Sometimes I call the company up (or send an email) and ask them stuff directly.

But I think if we're hiring HR people then probably they could help.

A bank or Paypal transfer is probably the one of the simpler ways I can think of to verify someone legally exists. An intermediary could be used for businesses, likely Transferwise. Coinbase also has merchant options once you verify your business if you wanted to verify through a bitcoin send.

Last edited:
A bank or Paypal transfer is probably the one of the simpler ways I can think of to verify someone legally exists. An intermediary could be used for businesses, likely Transferwise. Coinbase also has merchant options once you verify your business if you wanted to verify through a bitcoin send.
Thanx Nick :)

This is cryptocurrency -- our raison d'être is to escape from the entrapments of "legal" existence. If you really want to establish some level of trust, ask them to send you x amount of dash on the promise that you will send it back (or vice versa).

The 5 dash proposal fee goes a long way toward weeding out scammers. Ultimately in this world, Dash talks and, you know, the rest walks.

Be suspicious of anyone who wants somebody else to pay their proposal fee.

... If you really want to establish some level of trust, ask them to send you x amount of dash on the promise that you will send it back...

Would love to do that, but.... :D

...Be suspicious of anyone who wants somebody else to pay their proposal fee.
True - added to Guidelines. Thanx

If it's a paid position, @babygiraffe probably knows about it.
Thanx Lynx - Got hold of him. Ryan clarified what the HR firm is doing and the bottom line is that the PEC will have to do it themselves. "Your challenge will be much more involved I think than an HR process could cover." Ouch - Yes, but we'll get there eventually ;)

Back