• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Dash funds education and gives financial access (#DashDoesGood)

Would fund this project?

• Yes

• No

• No but I would support it with changes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Until IX gets fixed, DASH's functionality is no different from any other bitclone. It brings nothing to the table that LTC doesn't already do.

Until IX is fixed, it won't matter if you're in Illinois, Namibia, or on the effing Moon.

IX is still broken, so it doesn't matter. From a retail vendor's perspective, IX may as well not exist, therefore it solves none of the problems it promised to solve.

It's the same failure mode all over again. Big Promises, Lack of Feature Set, can't be used as advertised.
For many people dash provides an un saturated blockchain. Which is a lot.

Sent from my MotoE2 using Tapatalk

Until IX gets fixed, DASH's functionality is no different from any other bitclone. It brings nothing to the table that LTC doesn't already do.

Until IX is fixed, it won't matter if you're in Illinois, Namibia, or on the effing Moon.

IX is still broken, so it doesn't matter. From a retail vendor's perspective, IX may as well not exist, therefore it solves none of the problems it promised to solve.

It's the same failure mode all over again. Big Promises, Lack of Feature Set, can't be used as advertised.
How is IX broken? Link? Thanks

Nice find, Nick!

RE Camosoul, IS can't be locked. That is, a merchant rings up a sale, puts up a QR code that requests funds in IS, and it comes up on the customer's phone with IS checked. However, there is nothing stopping the customer from unchecking that box and sending it the regular way.

I disagree with Camosoul in that IX is still very handy, as are PS. Our governance system and budget are also huge differences against Bitcoin clones. But on the other hand Camosoul likes to dramatize to make sure his point is understood :) He doesn't believe me when I say it is, and that the core team have it on their agenda. Or even if he does, it won't be soon enough. In a lot of ways Camo is right, it won't be soon enough. We should already have a lockable from the requesting end IS. I agree. But I don't have the programming ability to get Evo out the door faster! So there is nothing more I can do than to poke (nicely) while he pokes (not so gently) :D

I like the proposal. It brings people into Dash that would otherwise have no clue what Dash was. "Paid for" users or not, it doesn't matter... it's about user adoption and that's what the Dash funding is for.
It's almost like buying users.
Yes, and that's part of marketing. Same thing a company does when they send you a sample of their product. A lot of people ignore it or throw it away, but there are some that begin using it and purchasing more. If it didn't work, they wouldn't do it. This, of course, would have my vote. As far as IX is concerned, I agree 100%... but in the meantime I don't think we should ignore user adoption.

I agree, and would like to add: It's almost like buying users. DASH has the killer feature. Not using it is leading to desperate moves. A "winner" of 5 DASH is likely to just cash out and disappear. They're going to be educated only well enough to take the money and run.

Fix IX.

Thats why a web of trust is needed, in order to spot those who cash out and disappear.
Remember, you can even associate a dash wallet with a social security id, and protect at the same time the privacy of this person, if the state which issues the social security id supports a blind signature service. This requires of course some basic knowledge in cryptographic protocols, but the stupid dont understand cryptography, neither its potentialities to solve problems otherwise unsolvable.

Back