• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Bloodbath (Lock MN collateral blockchain-wide, spend more budget funds on dev)

Didn't say I would sell at 50 but I may slow down buying;)
That wasn't aimed at you, it was for AnonDude.
Looking at the graph, the steady price rise before the hype seems to suggest that a $50 price is about right at this time.
I will be surprised if it dips much below $50.

Thanks for the 3 disagrees. If nothing is done, then I hope this doesn't happen again when Dash Evolution arrives. Because if this type of stuff happens when Dash Evolution arrives, Dash will be in the news for the wrong reason.

The Masternode system looks like isn't working as intended. The purpose is for the price to be more stable but this price drop has proven Dash is far from that. Make it so that Masternodes can't retrieve they're Dash from they're wallets for 1 month or have a queue, or both.

Problem solved.

A 350% price increase in six weeks is a bloodbath? In what universe?

Cryptotards...

But I have been thinking about DashDrive, and there possibly being a delayed release mechanism to assure shard topology migration. Declare that you're taking the node down, give the network time to re-arrange itself, then funds are released. If you fail to wait the allotted time, you lose your funds. Would prevent a network attack involving deliberate dropping of nodes in an attempt to break DashDrive. Would be hard to work around a DDoS though...

Maybe there's a better way, but since not one word of it has been discussed...

I bought at $0.007.

I think that with the volume of storage space we now have, historians can dedicate a paragraph to every day, at least. I think somewhere near the end of the paragraph for this day, it shall be noted that precisely zero fucks were given.

Most people are governed by their animal hormones. They're really not people at all.

Bet on the center of the bell curve being dumb as shit and doing dumb as shit stuff, and you can't lose.

If you didn't bail at $110, you were kinda dumb for a trader... But even I, probably DASH's most harsh critic, am in for the long hodl. I invented that meme...

Look at LTC and XRP getting the no-reason pump now... Only a silly person tries to ouija board this nonsense. None of these other coins have done a damn thing since their launch. DASH has, bust still gets lumped in because the cryptotards pay no attention. Do you really expect a cat to study physics? It's all charts and voodoo with these ponzi chasers...

As long as DASH fixes IX before anyone else penetrates the crypto sphere echo chamber, DASH will be the winner. But, it's a really iffy bet now that the leadership has gone mentally AWOL... PIVX? Will XMR adopt MNless TX locks? Will XVC manage to get it's head out of it's ass? DASH's leadership seems to completely oblivious to the thin thread by which they are dangling above the shark tank. DASH exists today only because other projects have managed to fuck up even worse. IX is the broken killer feature that has been left rotting on the vine for 2 years! IX is the egg tooth that crypto can use to break out of the echo-chamber's shell into the real world. Whichever project gets it's head out of it's ass first and does it, wins. DASH's leadership seems to have no understanding of the importance of this. Absolutely clueless...

Last edited:
It's your type that is causing instability. I bought at $2, I have held ever since. If everyone did what I did, the price would creep up nice and steady. You trading types are the problem you seem to be complaining about.

Let's just hope the price doesn't drop to $0. If it does you and I lose it all.

Cryptotards...

But I have been thinking about DashDrive, and there possibly being a delayed release mechanism to assure shard topology migration. Declare that you're taking the node down, give the network time to re-arrange itself, then funds are released. If you fail to wait the allotted time, you lose your funds. Would prevent a network attack involving deliberate dropping of nodes in an attempt to break DashDrive. Would be hard to work around a DDoS though...

Maybe there's a better way, but since not one word of it has been discussed...

I bought at $0.007.

I think that with the volume of storage space we now have, historians can dedicate a paragraph to every day, at least. I think somewhere near the end of the paragraph for this day, it shall be noted that precisely zero fucks were given.

Most people are governed by their animal hormones. They're really not people at all.

Bet on the center of the bell curve being dumb as shit and doing dumb as shit stuff, and you can't lose.

If you didn't bail at $110, you were kinda dumb for a trader... But even I, probably DASH's most harsh critic, am in for the long hodl. I invented that meme...

Look at LTC and XRP getting the no-reason pump now... Only a silly person tries to ouija board this nonsense. None of these other coins have done a damn thing since their launch. DASH has, bust still gets lumped in because the cryptotards pay no attention. Do you really expect a cat to study physics? It's all charts and voodoo with these ponzi chasers...

I'm never able to understand your words of wisdom, or demo's either. Confucius say...

The Masternode system looks like isn't working as intended. The purpose is for the price to be more stable

This is not correct. The Masternodes provide a service to the network.

btw - "You shouldn't own common stocks if a 50% decrease in their value in a short period of time would cause you acute distress."
Warren Buffett

Perhaps investing in cryptocurrencies is not for you. Imagine if you had bought bitcoin at $250 and watched it drop to $100... would you have sold it? No one is going to change anything over a price drop because we are not traders, the dash community is here for the long term, not to make a a quick buck.

I don't know about him or you, but many around here have a cost basis of zero, having sold enough to cover their initial investment. In that case, "losing it all" is meaningless.

I don't say that to be mean; I say that to give you insights into the psychology around here. Most folks around here don't care anything about what the price is today because a) we believe Dash has a stunning future, and b) because our cost basis is low, zero, or even negative. When those two things are true, it really affects your outlook.

To be fair, we went through some stomach churning drops, so I feel your pain. Buying at $12 and seeing the price drop to $1.20 two months later is pretty awful...

I don't know about him or you, but many around here have a cost basis of zero, having sold enough to cover their initial investment. In that case, "losing it all" is meaningless.
True that. I mined bitcoin years ago, sold until I had my original investment back and then moved 90% of the profit into Dash.

I would hate to be a trader, far too stressful. Hosting a masternode for a few years just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. I am kind of happy if the price drops, I was getting paranoid when my masternode was worth 100k. I was like this security isn't good enough, aaahhhh security audit for days :D

Masternodes were not introduced to stabilize prices, it's only a (welcomed) side effect. No reason to discuss further based on this wrong assumption.

My mistake then. I thought that was the purpose, Amanda said so in one of her vids :).

Nonetheless, it isn't a bad idea to consider. Once Dash begins to get used by a large part of the population, or multiple countries (if it gets there), it wouldn't be bad to consider queue's for retrieving MN funds, or a set time to do so.

It doesn't make sense to me Masternodes can sell they're coins and plunge the price 50% overnight. If that happened to the dollar overnight, you'd have riots and looting the next day.

Make sense?

It's actually possible that it will happen to the dollar at some point in the future, considering the state of the US economy.
That being said, I don't think that lot of masternode selling at the same time is a viable concern, because even if some sell, there will be new ones coming online. The current price hike is a good example because masternode count remained pretty stable throughout.

Back