• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

India

I can suggest we can start a whats app group to share ,inform and keep us updated of DASH in INDIA . I feel it will be helpful as there are so few options for us in INDIA to get started in DASH
Thats awesome. Just one suggestion - use telegram instead of whatsapp.
I am all for it. LEts do it.

I'm curious what you guys in India think of this recent article... the language is pretty harsh against digital currencies... is this going to have a real impact on Indian digital currency users or is it just media FUD?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/indian-minister-terms-bitcoin-to-be-illegal-in-parliament

I did review the linked article.
Personally, I could not give a hoot how the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), it's ministers and minions, or the Minister of State for Finance conduct their affairs.
IF crypto affairs are kept separate from those of state and corporate interests, there should be no conflict.
Let them do as they may, as shall we go about our personal and private affairs.

Presently, at the intersection of fiat & crypto, the Gateway remains a difficult and tedious impediment to general adoption.
The institutionalized banksters shall resist to the marrow of their bones.
rc

I'm curious what you guys in India think of this recent article... the language is pretty harsh against digital currencies... is this going to have a real impact on Indian digital currency users or is it just media FUD?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/indian-minister-terms-bitcoin-to-be-illegal-in-parliament
There is no official notification that it is illegal. There are many exchanges running within the indian jurisdiction and they're functioning normally as of now.future is uunknown. maybe just FUD

There is no official notification that it is illegal. There are many exchanges running within the indian jurisdiction and they're functioning normally as of now.future is uunknown. maybe just FUD

Yes, my crystal ball is murky, as always. My magic 8 Ball tells me Reply Hazy, Try Again.
No telling where any bit of FUD begins. It could actually be some underlying sentiment.
Yet it frequently grows exponentially, and becomes self-fulfilling.

The possibility of DASH benefiting a very large number of people with P2P needs on a daily basis is enormous upon the sub-continent of India.
IMO, preliminary study for an extensive promotional campaign should be undertaken ASAP.
To reach all those in outlying areas is improbable, in the least.
Simple name recognition should begin within colleges, tech centers, and large cities, to reach the most people, effectively.

As ever before, fiat gateways are desperately needed for general adoption.
Best
rc

Yes Alex, We in India are quite interested in Dash and its future, Do ping me up if you need directions... we have a healthy blockchain community in Pune,India here

Thanks for the heads up! Yes indeed i can. But as mentioned in an earlier message, it makes sense to stick with English because thats the target audience language for business transactions.

Let me know if you need any local knowledge or inputs. Glad to help further DASH here, in Bengaluru / India :)

Correct about fiat to DASH in india (at least). The point about converting from BTC to fiat using an exchange is something that i didn't think of! Its a great point.

Regarding the setting up of a DASH meetup its fantastic. Thanks will explore that and share some plans here first.

I'm good to put my "shoulder to the wheel" and get the DASH "express" moving here in Bangalore, India. About the proposal. it was at the back of my mind andsince i'm new to DASH proposals, i'll read up and get cracking. Thanks for the information!

Hi Poltergeist,

I'm new to the whole business of cryptocurrencies. I live in Bangalore too.
Anyway, would you happen to know, if you trade and make money of bitcoin how does the profit in the bank account be taxied?
Kindly help.
Thank you

Back