• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(Pre-Proposal) Buy & Sell from within ALL DASH WALLETS

Which wallets will be first to allow native BUY/SELL for Dash?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rgenito

Buy-Sell Dash directly within the WALLET
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Buy-Sell-Dash-directly-within-the-WALLET

Manually vote YES on this proposal (DashCore - Tools - Debugconsole):
gobject vote-many
fe01a4ecd9ef4446fc9ff37f6de8d5a796b3b9cb6c6058ff05533ceafe26db33 funding yes

After speaking with many Dash community members on the importance of this ecosystem development, I am excited to announce this pre-proposal. I’m excited to announce that in the near future, everyone who downloads a Dash wallet for the first time will also be able to buy their very first Dash!

a9ZGjhm.png
BFTHNey.png
miKfVYs.png

Purpose:
We will help DASH OVERCOME Bitcoin's Market Cap, and we will do this by solving one of the biggest problems with wallets. No matter who you are, the easiest way for you, your friends, or your family members to get into Dash is to simply download a wallet. After that wonderful moment is where the newbie realizes, “...how do I get Dash?” Believe it or not, this is the biggest encumbrance to mass adoption. The excitement ends and things go downhill from there. That will be history.

We want to bring the Wall of Coins buying and selling experience directly into Dash wallets, while also providing these Dash wallets a revenue opportunity and incentive to make their Dash wallets better. Currently, wallet developers can only rely on donations to support their work.

What:
We will develop a DASH buy/sell wizard for 4 Dash wallet apps. You choose the wallets that you want us to pursue! We will work closely with the wallet developers and take their direction on the user interface, branding, and feel. We all understand the main concerns of integration, and I’d like to address a few of the most common concerns wallet developers have here:

1. “We do not have enough time to develop this!” Our developers will do it for the wallets, do it at their direction, and conduct all necessary testing for a successful launch.

2. “We have a reputation to match for good design, and we do not want to clutter up our UI.” We will work together to come up with a flow that matches the experience you envision for wallet users!

3. “But then our users have to create yet another service account. This is annoying!” ...not with Wall of Coins! :) Our API solves this issue, allowing the wallet to host “user-less” accounts.

4. “What about legal? What about customer support?” You remain a non-custodial wallet, allowing you to stick to just the wallet business. Furthermore, we cover customer support entirely, and are constantly growing our support team. In the last 2 months, the size of our support team has doubled.
What's in it for Wallets?
  • Wallets can give their users access to Dash within 15 minutes from purchase.
  • Acquiring Dash is simplified. Users do not have to copy/paste Dash wallet addresses.
  • Wallets are paid 20-40% of any fees collected, thus empowering wallets to develop and further improve their wallet.
  • Users can buy and sell Dash within 21 countries now and more countries added every week: United States, United Kingdom, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Latvia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, and Spain.
  • Wallet moderators will finally have useful data for research purposes on wallet usage. Without jeopardizing user privacy, wallet providers can see information pertaining to Dash demand needs by region, how much Dash is purchased and sold, how often, etc. This data is highly useful for understanding user behavior regarding signup and first use.

When:
We will limit the development time for each wallet to be 200 man hours. From experience, we know that this gives us ample time to also coordinate with the wallet app developers on an integration experience that they see fit for their users, as well as abiding by their desired UI/UX flow.

Which Wallets:
The wallets will be decided in a public forum poll posted at Dash.org’s forums, authored by this post’s author. The post will cite this post and vice versa.

We will release, maintain, and publish an open-source version of this wallet that allows everyone to "participate together".

This way, everyone with a Dash wallet can find better utility: find a place nearby to acquire more DASH or liquidate the DASH as necessary. Easy, direct access to DASH is in the palm of your hand, and just a short walk nearby!

Open-Source Opportunity:
Due to the open-source nature of all wallets, the wallets will also serve as an example to each other and other upcoming wallets. I believe this will stimulate more co-operation and allow other developers to dream up creative use cases to further serve the Dash community. All wallets are incentivized to provide their users with a fiat gateway!

Creating an open source app for people in the future to easily supply their end users with coins and we will "systematize this on-board process". This open-source opportunity will help users of DASH Evolution in the future. Let’s think ahead for DASH’s future growth!

Terms:
  • ~282.68 DASH: Budget $5,800 per wallet on 4 wallets ($82 per DASH).
  • Max 200 man hours per wallet. This includes mock-ups, business development, implementation, quality assurance testing, and deployment.
  • Weekly status updates: Albert Arellanes or myself (Robert Genito) will provide these updates to the community forum. These will be every Thursday.
Community members, masternode owners, miners, wallet developers...I welcome all of your questions, suggestions, and input!

How would this work?
Visit https://wallofcoins.com to see a live demonstration of how you can Buy Dash or Sell Dash directly from a wallet. Of course, you will see what it is like from the website; however, the features will be very similar for the wallet app!

Here's our prior video before Wall of Coins supported Dash on the site:

Last edited:
I would love to see this as a plugin like Glidera on Airbitz wallet etc.

I would support this, but would also like to see input from the core team before voting. We want to be sure that we are not pushing this on developers that are already overburdened.

Thank you for the posts and all of the input on slack! Much appreciated :)

Here are extra points that addresses minor concerns that came up:

1) Here I am proposing that we integrate the buying/selling Dash experience into 4 third party Dash wallets voted on by the forum community. (For example, Dash Wallet for Android by Hash Engineering is a third-party wallet not associated with Dash.org, Jaxx is another third party wallet, etc.) Our integration will be available for all third party wallets available, or any third party wallets in the future from this proposal.

2) For an appropriate example: this will be exactly like the Glidera plugin for Airbitz bitcoin wallet -- except the proposed plugin will be available World-wide and people will be able to get their Dash within 15 minutes.

3) This is *NOT* exclusive. Wallet users do not have to use this feature if they wish not to, and they can freely use another competing buying/selling integration when those become available in the future.

Update:

The proposal is LIVE! You can vote with the command line at the top of the original post. As for the Dash Central page, there is a minor problem with Dash Central's updating...once Dash Central also has this published, I will update Dash Central's official page :) Other information...

What's in it for Wallets?

• Wallets can give their users access to Dash within 15 minutes from purchase.

• Acquiring Dash is simplified. Users do not have to copy/paste Dash wallet addresses.

• Wallets are paid 20-40% of any fees collected, thus empowering wallets to develop and further improve their wallet.

• Users can buy and sell Dash within 21 countries now and more countries added every week: United States, United Kingdom, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Latvia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, and Spain.

• Wallet moderators will finally have useful data for research purposes on wallet usage. Without jeopardizing user privacy, wallet providers can see information pertaining to Dash demand needs by region, how much Dash is purchased and sold, how often, etc. This data is highly useful for understanding user behavior regarding signup and first use.

Not shure if this applys as a pre-proposal when you make one hours before posting your proposal. But whatever.

You say that you want to integrate this into other wallets, have you talked to them ? Did they express interest in integrating it to theyr wallets ?

Not shure if this applys as a pre-proposal when you make one hours before posting your proposal. But whatever.

You say that you want to integrate this into other wallets, have you talked to them ? Did they express interest in integrating it to theyr wallets ?

Short answer: yes, and yes.

Won't you have trouble from all this "know your customer" stuff? I have had to provide endless proofs of who I am at any exchange which allows fiat currency.

How this can be anonynous? You have to go to the bank!

Although banking is an anonymous way to buy Dash, there are many more options other than banking. There's also Cash in Mail...and there are also more payment methods on the rise for the future of Wall of Coins!

Although banking is an anonymous way to buy Dash, there are many more options other than banking. There's also Cash in Mail...and there are also more payment methods on the rise for the future of Wall of Coins!

Cash in the Mail? It is not so safe. I may lose my money with that method.
Can you mention the other payment methods of Wall of Coins that are considered anonymous?

I want to be anonymous when bying cryptocurrencies, but I dont want to lose my cash.
If I give you some cash, I have to be sure that you will not deny that you received it.
What have you done in order to solve this?

Last edited:
Cash in the Mail? It is not so safe. I may lose my money with that method.
Can you mention the other payment methods of Wall of Coins that are considered anonymous?

I want to be anonymous when bying cryptocurrencies, but I dont want to lose my cash.
If I give you some cash, I have to be sure that you will not deny that you received it.
What have you done in order to solve this?

Personally, I don't do Cash In Mail. If I wanted to be anonymous on a $100 gift, I'd do a cash deposit payment.

Last edited:
Won't you have trouble from all this "know your customer" stuff? I have had to provide endless proofs of who I am at any exchange which allows fiat currency.
Good question! We have solved this years ago, and are having no problems. Luckily with Wall of Coins, you do not have to provide endless proof of who you are. Granted, if you are attempting to do scammy things, then that is a different story since we must protect both buyers and sellers.

question
are you in touch with the Dev's (core) + all 3rd parties what they think about this ?
(security 1st !)
+
voted or not - there will be 'no pressure' for Jaxx or Exodus or anybody to implement this - even if voted in

buy/sell from Dash Core Paper Wallet ?
How is that possible ?

question
are you in touch with the Dev's (core) + all 3rd parties what they think about this ?
(security 1st !)
+
voted or not - there will be 'no pressure' for Jaxx or Exodus or anybody to implement this - even if voted in

buy/sell from Dash Core Paper Wallet ?
How is that possible ?
  1. Yes and some no, and this is a good thing.
  2. How it is possible for buy/sell from Dash Core Paper Wallet: by using the Wall of Coins API. I didn't think the majority of people would vote for the Dash Paper Wallet, and it is looking that way. Regardless, I wanted to community to have a fair say!

Voted yes and also voted on what wallets I think we need. This seems like a nice addition to the wallets that support Dash.

Back