• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash now on KeepKey

I was doing an advanced setup with Electrum, and at the point when you're supposed to unplug and plug it into an offline computer with text editor to backup the seed, it just got stuck and was never again detected by the computer. Tried everything, Ledger starter, firmware update, etc. nothing can detect it anymore. In all fairness, most users will setup their Ledger (user chooses PIN and writes down mnemonics, then send seed to the device) with the Ledger Starter ISO, but that only allows a 4-digit pin. Doing initial setup with Electrum allows for more secure PIN, but I guess it might possibly break your nano.

Any updates in using Dash with KeepKey?
I may help testing (if there's anything to test...).

As an alternative, I recently bought an Elephone Q, just $40... runs KitKat and so super compact! It's a bit fiddly to setup but you can side-load Coinomi (no accounts or sims needed). For the price and size, can keep it just for wallets only. Not quite the same thing as these dedicated wallets but it does the job.

Is there an app that does the same task as these purpose built wallets?

I recently bout a KeepKey because they specifically said I could cold store my Dash on it. Got it and there is no option to store DASH.. just BTC, ETH, LTC, & DOGEcoins. Ill be calling them for a refund. Ihavent seen any fix for this and not sure why they promote DASH on KeepKey when it clearly does not store those coins.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_741 Mar. 21 23.35.jpg
    ScreenHunter_741 Mar. 21 23.35.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 54
Back