• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is the Core Team able to rubberstamp their budget proposals?

jimbursch

If the Core Team collectively controls enough masternodes, then they are effectively in centralized control over Dash.

This may be fine at this stage of development, but it may be disingenuous to claim decentralized governance.

I suspect there will always be conspiracy theories about hidden cabals within the MN network.

If the Core Team collectively controls enough masternodes, then they are effectively in centralized control over Dash.

This may be fine at this stage of development, but it may be disingenuous to claim decentralized governance.

I suspect there will always be conspiracy theories about hidden cabals within the MN network.

Only if nobody else bothers to vote. There are 4100 MNs out there, and even if 10% are controlled by Core Team (*if*), then the vast, vast, vast majority are not.

Only if nobody else bothers to vote. There are 4100 MNs out there, and even if 10% are controlled by Core Team (*if*), then the vast, vast, vast majority are not.

Not to forget that even in the core team members have different opinions, so you'd never get them to vote the same.

As for the 10%, I honestly don't know. According to the trolls over at BTC it's much more, Evan alone has (according to them) at least 5000 Masternodes. And sold already 5000 Masternodes last year.

Voting would have to be a lot more contentious to assume any foul play as more master nodes would vote if they see the need to challenge any manipulation. At the end of the day the fact is that dash has a more clear method of switching “governance”/developers than most other cryptos, which require some sort of fork. I think people get too caught up in decentralized governance. It’s not perfect, with enough death threats and power/money just about anything could be corrupted. The nice thing with this tech is that you can easily exchange it for another system/crypto if you believe there is any reason to do so. That is the real power. Dash also has a clear path forward. This allows for much higher productivity than fighting over vision. When ideas about moving forward are so clear then it is unlikely we will see a polarizing opinions rise. The dissenters would have a easier time going elsewhere.

this had been discuss to the death and no the core team does not hold 51% of MN count
you have to remember that there are big holders and tiny shrimp as everywhere else - only because of that core team title does not mean they are all loaded with 100s or 1000s of MNs !!

team has never revealed their mn holdings , and why would they - privacy 1st

Who the hell cares. Dash made me 70k net profit in the past 30 days.

this had been discuss to the death and no the core team does not hold 51% of MN count
you have to remember that there are big holders and tiny shrimp as everywhere else - only because of that core team title does not mean they are all loaded with 100s or 1000s of MNs !!

team has never revealed their mn holdings , and why would they - privacy 1st

Hi tungfa do you know what are the dates for the Masternode payouts? Or is there a page where I can see these payouts?

Hi tungfa do you know what are the dates for the Masternode payouts? Or is there a page where I can see these payouts?

mn payouts are based on your starting day !
normally around 5-7 day periods
u can pop your public key into dashninja and will see your node activity (last payouts) - no future payout predictions (but easy to "plan" based on latest payout)

There is a chance of that but then again, is there a competing proposal?

Sent from my MotoE2 using Tapatalk

Back