• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Wallet Backup with BIP39 Recovery Phrase?

ElvisRe

Any development plans to implement a recovery phrase instead of file backups for the Dash Core (Qt) wallet?

Some of the Dash Android wallets already implement BIP 39 recovery phrases for backup solutions. This is simply a 12 word Mnemonic Code that generates all your addresses, forever. I feel that's more user friendly than doing a file backup every 1000 addresses as Dash Core (Qt) requires currently.

Thanks!

I doubt it's possible in the Core wallet, since it generates private keys randomly. It works in the electrum wallet, though

There is a new Dash clone called Dynamic (former DarkSilk) which has implemented something like this. Could it help to speed up development here?
Bitcoin 0.13+ have HD wallet support too, for new installation. Without seed, but can export master private key.

Bitcoin 0.13+ have HD wallet support too, for new installation. Without seed, but can export master private key.
Right, so it serves the same purpose. Definetly needed in Dash ASAP. You then have to move your funds to the new adresses, of course.

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one that would appreciate the recovery phrase feature in the Dash Core Wallet. Looking forward to it in the future!

Back