• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Loading old wallets

NewJack

Hi,
I updated to Dash since Darkcoin, but I have a couple wallet.dat files each with a couple coins in them. Do I simply just put the old wallet.dat file into the Dash folder (Windows) or do I have to do anything else to get the old wallets to work?

Hi,
I updated to Dash since Darkcoin, but I have a couple wallet.dat files each with a couple coins in them. Do I simply just put the old wallet.dat file into the Dash folder (Windows) or do I have to do anything else to get the old wallets to work?

The folder name will have changed from dash to dashcore but that should work. There was an update that included changes to the wallet format that may effect you, if there are any problems the "Wallet Repair" tab in the tools window should have everything needed. Caeful of the "salvage wallet" option in that, it's really a last resort option but so long as there are backups all is good.

Back