• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PinIdea ASIC X11 Miner DR-1 Hashrate 500MH/s @320w Weighs 4.5kg

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys have miners for sale on their website and I purchased one a few days ago but the order says "on hold" on the website and I get no response to emails. I hope I haven't been ripped off. Coinpayments.net is who processes the payment and they basically say you are on your own in terms of dealing with merchants.

Has anyone had any dealings with them at all recently? It looks like they haven't been active on here for a while.

I have been thinking about their DR3 for a certain time. Cause the ROI of the machine seems attractive . I tried to send two e-mails to them,but didn't get the response. So I finally gave up the purchase plan. Didn't you contact their guest service before the payment ?

I am not sure what you mean by "contact their guest service" but I did not attempt to contact them before the purchase. However, they did finally respond to my email last night and my order was changed from "on hold" to "processing" so hopefully that means they will soon be shipping me the hardware.

Have you received your order, was it DR3?

Yes I did and yes it was DR3. However the average hashrate is not the 600 advertised it is only 550. They say + or - 5% but 550 is a little over 8% less. Even so I did conclude that it was worth it so I ordered another one a day after I received the first one. Unfortunately now it has been more than a week and nothing at all has happened with the second order. At least when I made the first order there were minor changes every few days, like it changed from "on hold" to "processing" after a few days and then they sent me a shipping notification after a few more days and then finally 5 days after that DHL received the package. This time my order went straight to "processing" and has been that way for more than a week. My second order number is 12 numbers higher than my first order so they aren't getting swamped with orders exactly. I think they just don't have the capacity to build a lot of these things and I don't think they have them ready to go despite the web page saying they are "in stock". It took 2 weeks between making my order and receiving the first one, all signs point to it taking even longer on the second.

i think you ignored the Chinese New Year

Yes I did and yes it was DR3. However the average hashrate is not the 600 advertised it is only 550. They say + or - 5% but 550 is a little over 8% less. Even so I did conclude that it was worth it so I ordered another one a day after I received the first one. Unfortunately now it has been more than a week and nothing at all has happened with the second order. At least when I made the first order there were minor changes every few days, like it changed from "on hold" to "processing" after a few days and then they sent me a shipping notification after a few more days and then finally 5 days after that DHL received the package. This time my order went straight to "processing" and has been that way for more than a week. My second order number is 12 numbers higher than my first order so they aren't getting swamped with orders exactly. I think they just don't have the capacity to build a lot of these things and I don't think they have them ready to go despite the web page saying they are "in stock". It took 2 weeks between making my order and receiving the first one, all signs point to it taking even longer on the second.

Hi . I'm a newbie and I have a doubt regarding this dr3. I have gone through pinidea website , they have quoted the price around 800 $ . Though it offers much MH for its price , it consumes 345 w .
I have also gone through about baikal quadruple. It costs around 1200$ , but consumes on 160 watt . In the long run , won't this power capacity make a difference .
Or
Am I wrong thinking Bikal ASIC miner , can be used for 2 years ( avg ) . I saw some seller(east shore),mentioning they will help repair these things for lifetime ( though cost is applicable ) .

Can you suggest me , which is best hardware to choose if I were to buy in the coming month . And how long can I expect the miner to run .

Hey everyone,
I bought a DR-1 for testing but having issues with mainboard;; any ideas where i can buy a new one or help with troubleshooting?? I'm getting a
"device descriptor request failed" in the device manager; I've ensured my drivers are up-to-date. NIC on board is not coming up and the LED's on Mainboard are only flickering once when i power it up and then die; However; all of the ASIC's are showing LED's intelligently and the fans kick on; which leads me to believe the firmware has gotten funky, I download the altera cyclone IV programmer from Intel to try to communicate with it via the USB but no joy there.

Really stuck here; I could use some of your guidance whomever Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back