• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Stop spamming topics with vote history

Do you think <vote history> is useful?

• Yes, I love it!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don't care, I already blocked him.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, I hate it!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
There is a flaw in the setup of your vote.
We cannot see who voted. I could subscribe a lot of sock puppets and vote "I love it".
The same can be done by you, you may subscribe sock puppets and vote "I hate it".
So I will not recognize the result of the vote.
Those who like or dislike the vote history, better for them to post a message in this thread declaring their vote (and maybe also explaining the reasons).

So let me start.
I vote: I like the vote history, but I prefer this to be done automatically in a separate place that is cleary linked to/from the poll. And of course I want a notification whenever there is a change in the result of the poll I am watching . I am really tired to post the vote history manually.

<vote history><-- why vote history is usefull?
*Yes, I love it! 1 vote(s) 50.0%
I don't care, I already blocked him.
0 vote(s) 0.0%
No, I hate it! 1 vote(s) 50.0%
</vote history>

Last edited:
There is a flaw in the setup of your vote.
We cannot see who voted. I could subscribe a lot of sock puppets and vote "I love it".
The same can be done by you, you may subscribe sock puppets and vote "I have it".
Those who like or dislike the vote history, better for them to post a message declaring their vote and mayby also explaining the reasons.

Can you at least limit yourself to ONE post per thread with the vote history?
You can edit your post to add more vote history whenever you want.

Can you at least limit yourself to ONE post per thread with the vote history?
You can edit your post to add more vote history whenever you want.

This is a nice idea. but how can I prove later that the history is genuine?
I have to sign the message with my digital signature, and use a digital timestamp service.
So do you know any good independant and recognizable digital timestamp service I can use?

I have to sign the message with my digital signature, and use a digital timestamp service.
So do you know any good independant and recognizable digital timestamp service I can use?

You already can't prove it the way you are doing it now. This forum is not a blockchain - moderators or someone with access to the DB can change the content of your posts. If you really feel strongly about it, then use PGP to sign your messages

You already can't prove it the way you are doing it now. This forum is not a blockchain - moderators or someone with access to the DB can change the content of your posts. If you really feel strongly about it, then use PGP to sign your messages

The same is valid with your very post here. A moderator can change your post, and make you saying things you have not. This is a generic deficiency of the forum. I assume there is trust in the admins that they do not change the messages.

And after all, whenever I claim something based in the vote history posted in a message a long time ago, this is genuine both for me and for all those who read my claim. Because it is well known that I am not an admin here, so if there is a date stamp by the forum system, it is very difficult I managed to forge that date. If I post a fake vote history, everybody has the right to immedialty post a message below and say "hey demo, the vote history you just posted is fake, do not tell us after one year that this was the real result !".

Last edited:
The same is valid with your very post here. A moderator can change your post, and make you saying thing you have not.
This is a generic deficiency of the forum.
I assume there is trust in the forum admin that they do not change messages.
And after all, whenever I claim something based in the vote history, this is genuine for me and for all those who read me, because it is well known that I am not an admin here, so is there is a date behind set up by the system, it is very difficult I managed to forge that date.

Yes it is a generic deficiency of the forum.
The solution to this is not to bump threads constantly with new vote history posts every time someone new votes on something. If you are worried that somebody is going to doubt the authenticity of your edit, then PGP sign the message. Or post it all on Steem to your heart's content. Really, you are fortunate that the mods here have allowed you to keep spamming new vote history posts instead of merging or deleting the posts entirely

If you are worried that somebody is going to doubt the authenticity of your edit, then PGP sign the message.

I should do this for every of my messages, not only for the vote history messages.

But as I told you before, I dont care about the messages the admins delete or change. They can also delete or change-invalidate PGP signed messages. The authenticity of my messages can only be proved if I concurrently post both here and to another place. I have to post the same signed messages to two or more independant forums, constantly, and decentralized timestamped on the Blockchain. This is very time consuming to do it manualy, isnt it?

So, I only care about my messages the admins forgot to change or delete.

The messages of mine that are preserved here (for whatever reason, for admin's sake), I may claim later that are genuine and posted the inscribed date, and nobody can deny that, because everybody knows that I am not an admin so I cannot forge the system date.

A forum that uses "decentralized timestamping on the Blockchain" in order to prove the date a message has been posted is science fiction nowdays, so I can only use what I have today, which is the imperfect centralized timestamp authority of the forum.

<vote history> <-- why vote history is usefull?
*Yes, I love it! 1 vote(s) 33.3%
I don't care, I already blocked him. 1 vote(s) 33.3%
No, I hate it! 1 vote(s) 33.3%
</vote history>

Last edited:

<vote history><-- why vote history is usefull?
*Yes, I love it! 1 vote(s) 50.0%
I don't care, I already blocked him.
0 vote(s) 0.0%
No, I hate it! 1 vote(s) 50.0%
</vote history>
Why are you keeping vote history for this very poll if you already said won't recognize the results?

You don't have to prove anything to anybody if no one cares about vote history. Keep it in a notepad on your local computer.

Why are you keeping vote history for this very poll if you already said won't recognize the results?
Meaningless. It is just advertising the vote history purpose. <-- why vote history is usefull?
I am an amateur in the meaningless craft of advertising. Ask @tungfa for it.

You don't have to prove anything to anybody if no one cares about vote history. Keep it in a notepad on your local computer.
The future dash generations (if exist) they will care to know who were the people of the 2014-2016 generation that decided and supported the confiscation (or theft) of dash from the wallets of the unborn .

Last edited:
Meaningless. It is just advertising the vote history purpose. <-- why vote history is usefull?
I am an amateur in the meaningless craft of advertising. Ask @tungfa for it.

The future dash generations (if exist) they will care to know who were the people of the 2014-2016 generation that decided and supported the confiscation (or theft) of dash from the wallets of the unborn .

Right... well my recommendation is to either post it all on Steem, or just edit your posts. Work with us here, surely you can understand why it is undesirable for threads to be constantly bumped when there is really no new information other than somebody voted.

Right... well my recommendation is to either post it all on Steem, or just edit your posts.
I already told you, I cannot edit because in that case the timestamp is not preserved.
If I post in Steem someone may say that my post is fake because nobody saw it. Here everybody see that my vote history is correct.

Work with us here, surely you can understand why it is undesirable for threads to be constantly bumped when there is really no new information other than somebody voted.
I do not agree. It is more important to inform when someone voted, than to inform when someone said something.

You have to understand that my pain when I post the vote history is much more than your pain to watch my post. I hope one day the forum admins will take into account my vote.
I vote: I like the vote history, but I prefer this to be done automatically in a separate place that is cleary linked to/from the poll. And of course I want a notification whenever there is a change in the result of the poll I am watching . I am really tired to post the vote history manually.

Last edited:
Back