• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Help Me Share Dash with Millions on Facebook and YouTube: JAN 2017 Budget Proposal!

How Would You Vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you for reading this proposal today! This is a crosspost from https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Share-with-Millions.

Why are we here? In 2014 my friend Robert from Wall of Coins told me about Bitcoin and I was immediately hooked because of seeing how much the world needs it. Two years later, I had made video courses and YouTube tutorials mentioning Bitcoin repeatedly from how to setup a wallet through trading altcoins on Poloniex. Despite being active in the world of digital currencies for two years, I paid no attention to Dash beyond seeing it as one more tradeable cryptocurrency.

In December 2016, my friend Albert told me that Wall of Coins chose Dash as the second digital currency to develop because of the masternode funding, the amazing community, and the wallet features including anonymous sending and instant transactions. Albert’s excitement was so contagious that in JUST THREE WEEKS I had traded all of my Bitcoin and my altcoins into enough Dash to buy my own masternode. Within a month of hearing Albert’s excitement, I got my Dash masternode online which I used to make the first YES vote on this proposal. Today I launched the world’s first Dash video course online using Skillshare at http://skl.sh/2iVPefr. The class is dedicated to showing how and why to use Dash while offering $20 in Dash paid to students finishing the course. This is a small sampling of what I can do on a daily basis for you here as a member of the Dash community. Download the official proposal here.

Would you VOTE YES on this proposal help me use youtube.com/jerrybanfield and facebook.com/jbanfield, and skillshare.com/r/jerrybanfield to SHARE MY EXCITEMENT ABOUT DASH with the millions of people watching my videos and following me online? My vision is that YOUR YES VOTE will lead to the price of Dash increasing on average 1% DAILY as a result of the follow up from me talking about Dash every day online in the form of new wallets, new Dash purchases, and new masternodes! In the last 28 days, 2+ million people in the USA alone saw the videos I made FOR FREE their newsfeed on Facebook. Watch this video to see how I do my marketing on Facebook and see for yourself in my recent screenshot!

Facebook-insights-jan-8-2017-cropped.png

About a million more watched globally including those not in the USA above and on YouTube as seen below. I expect the same to continue each month in 2017 because my business is designed to teach people valuable skills for free.

YouTube-Jan-9-2017.jpg

Your YES VOTE will give me enough money to make Dash an exclusive sponsor across all of the popular videos I have made and in all new videos for the month of February 2017 which should result in MILLIONS of people learning about Dash for the first time!

How would the price of dash be impacted by millions of people learning about Dash for the first time and thousands making their first purchase? What would the dash community look like with thousands of new users as excited as me?

All of the results will be easy to measure by seeing the views on my new videos on https://www.youtube.com/jerrybanfield and https://www.facebook.com/jbanfield. When you VOTE YES on this proposal, I will include at least 30 seconds IN EVERY VIDEO about Dash delivered each time in a unique way as related to what I am talking about!

My vision is to grow the price of Dash by about 1% on average daily through sharing my excitement about Dash and the follow up purchases of Dash each day which will steadily drive the demand up a little bit each day.

When you VOTE YES on this project, I agree to
  1. Make a MINIMUM of 50+ videos featuring Dash for at least 30 seconds with an estimated 1+ million views. At 497 Dash total for the project, this equals less than 10 Dash per video along with everything else done below!
  2. Create and keep updated a complete online video course of at least an hour showing everything from setting up a Dash wallet to starting a masternode.
  3. Deliver at least one dedicated live stream video on Facebook and YouTube featuring how I am using Dash.
  4. Design and maintain https://jerrybanfield.com/dash/ with my basic information about Dash plus the exact wallets, masternode hosting, and trading websites I use.
  5. Add annotations and links to my 100+ most popular YouTube videos encouraging people to learn more about Dash with an estimated return of millions of views in 2017 featuring Dash in my older viral videos.
After reading previous projects, I am taking a LEAP OF FAITH by starting my work TODAY as described here in this project! Just an hour ago I released my Dash class at http://skl.sh/2iVPefr and I will soon be following up with my first YouTube and Facebook video dedicated to talking about Dash which I will link here when they are done! When this first project is successful and completed by the end of February 2017, I plan to submit future projects to make a long term partnership marketing Dash to all my followers! Seven days a week I work on my business for 3 to 6 hours a day with rarely any days completely off.

Thank you very much for reading all this! Before submitting this proposal, I read lots of other proposals just like it to learn and understand what is expected of me here. As a recovering lazy person, I often find myself reading proposals and then just closing them without voting. Now that I am aware of this, I am working to make sure I place a vote after reading a proposal.

Congratulations on making it all the way to the end! Would you make sure you get a return on your time invested with me today by VOTING ON THIS PROPOSAL NOW before another text message, phone call, or email comes in demanding your attention?

Would you help me build the Dash community up a little bit every day and share my excitement for Dash by VOTING YES on this PROPOSAL?

Sincerely,
Jerry Banfield
https://jerrybanfield.com

Download the official proposal here.

Hello Jerry and welcome to the Dash forum!

I was extremely excited when I saw your proposal and started to dig in to your body of work. You sure have lots and lots of YouTube subscribers and even more Facebook followers. But when I look at your views and likes on both of these platforms they seem to be extremely underperforming with mostly less than 1,000 views per video (many even less than 500) and less than 10 likes per Facebook entry.

Can you explain that discrepancy?

Thanks!

Hello Jerry and welcome to the Dash forum!

I was extremely excited when I saw your proposal and started to dig in to your body of work. You sure have lots and lots of YouTube subscribers and even more Facebook followers. But when I look at your views and likes on both of these platforms they seem to be extremely underperforming with mostly less than 1,000 views per video (many even less than 500) and less than 10 likes per Facebook entry.

Can you explain that discrepancy?

Thanks!

Yes thank you for being the first to comment! Most of the views are on my live videos on Facebook which I have not done for a week or so. On YouTube, most of the views are on older videos which I am planning to add annotations to. Each new video has the chance to get hundreds of thousands of not millions of organic views over time on YouTube and I never am able to tell exactly which it will be. For example, this new video is on the way to reach in the millions

Thanks for the reply, but the video you posted is merely the work of someone else, not an original contribution by you, so the view count only reflects the quality of the work someone else has done. Your most viewed video with 2.7 million views is also a repost. I am confused as to why we should pay you 500 Dash because the videos you actually do make yourself garner merely the low view counts I mentioned above.

Right now we have Amanda B. Johnson and her partner Pete Eyre who receive a total of 123 Dash every month and they create high quality videos on Dash and are both highly knowledgeabe in the technology. Do you have any references or videos to show that you'll be a valuable contributor to Dash besides high subscriber and follower counts? Because these numbers seem to be very unreliable when we look at your actual viewer-count and reach, so naturally you'll have to show us a more tangible reference than that.

Last edited:
From your proposal

"is that YOUR YES VOTE will lead to the price of Dash increasing on average 1% DAILY"
"My expectation is that the work I do will help Dash reach $40 by the end of 2017!"

You really think that you alone will be the catalyst to raise the price of dash 1% per day until it hits $40 - where do you get this from?
Do you consider yourself an authoritative subject matter expert on crypto currencies that will result in people spending their hard earned cash based on your word?

Sorry if I sound negative, just browsing through your sites - I do not think you are a suitable brand ambassador to be representing Dash at this point in time. Keep trying to make people happy through your videos though :p

Last edited:
I see this proposal from a different point of view. The proposal owner has doubtless assembled lots of content in different fields. And his message is not to be the #1 subject matter expert but more a positive multiplier. If used as a marketing tool it can be seen as a kind of guerilla marketing. Even I doubt the numbers of 1% per day price increase which would lead to a doubling every 70 days or 35 times until end of 2017. In other words it would imply an exchange rate of $12 x 35 = $420 ... this would be ten times of the proposed $40. But on the other side he could connect lots of new users into DASH.

Therefor I would give it a try for an initially much lower rate to see what will come.

I too think the price of this budget proposal (497 Dash) is currently too high and some of the promises (reaching millions of readers & the mentioned daily price increase)
are a bit unrealistic.

Unfortunetely once a budget proposal has been made it is impossible to adjust the budget proposal amount, which is why it is so important to have pre-budget proposal
discussions before actually making a budget proposal through the blockchain.

That way one can measure the support from the Dash community and possibly change some conditions or the price of the budget proposal before admitting it to the blockchain.

Do you think I should make another proposal for say 97 Dash to do a Dash video course or for a specific project such as a Dash tutorial on YouTube? This process of submitting a proposal like this has been quite painful from watching the initial votes come in at 14 to 2 or so and then within 24 hours seeing what is here now. I would like to be a helpful part of the Dash community and I value your feedback about a good proposal format for my next try.

Do you think I should make another proposal for say 97 Dash to do a Dash video course or for a specific project such as a Dash tutorial on YouTube? This process of submitting a proposal like this has been quite painful from watching the initial votes come in at 14 to 2 or so and then within 24 hours seeing what is here now. I would like to be a helpful part of the Dash community and I value your feedback about a good proposal format for my next try.

Jerry, don't get discouraged: people involved in the community for years have had proposals rejected.

I would recommend producing some type of Dash-related content *before* another proposal. Let the MN's see what you can do. Then go to the next step: a small project that has very identifiable goals and deliverables, and propose that.

I would also recommend looking to Amanda as a model. She created a lot of content in the community, made an initial short-term proposal, delivered on that, and then has come back with further proposals. She has built trust by offering valuable content and keeping her requests modest.

@ericsammons
he produced already lots of content and has his model. Ie. references to other content producers do not help

@JerryBanfield
97 DASH is definitely more acceptable. Anyways I would check the community opinion here more over.

@ericsammons
he produced already lots of content and has his model. Ie. references to other content producers do not help

@JerryBanfield
97 DASH is definitely more acceptable. Anyways I would check the community opinion here more over.

I think 97 Dash / 1 month time period for lets say 10 video's about different aspects of Dash and then shared on your Facebook, would be acceptable to me.

For example video's with some attention to :

* PS Mixing
* The influence and effects of ASIC mining on the Dash network
* The Masternode Network
* Governance & Budget system
* Strategic Partnerships
* Dash Evolution

(there are many other aspects which differentiate Dash from other cryptocurrencies, the above points are just examples).

I watched your video (http://skl.sh/2iVPefr) and you seem to be able to express yourself easily on video's and you are also easy to listen to.
This could be both usefull and beneficiary to Dash.

As you currently still have a poll running till 3 feb 2016, i would suggest you take the time to wait and analyse any additional feedback.

Last edited:
Back